shape
carat
color
clarity

Ring Re-set

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

niku414

Rough_Rock
I didn't know how to load a second picture with my previous post -- but my complete set looks like this (except mine e-ring has the 6 prong setting instead of 4 )

PT787-DEandPT787-DL_f-lieberfarb.jpg

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you''re thinking about getting a new stone, I would definitely not reset your current ring. Because: 1) why spend even 1 penny on something you''re not 100% happy with and are hoping to change anyway...even if it could be many months away, and 2) your current stone and ring are drop-dead gorgeous and IMO, need no changes. Hopefully your myriad other jewelry projects will keep you more than busy enough for the time being....until your dream stone materializes!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2007 1:24:27 AM
Author: niku414
I didn''t know how to load a second picture with my previous post -- but my complete set looks like this (except mine e-ring has the 6 prong setting instead of 4 )
It''s gorgeous. Congratulations!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
KristyDarling,

Another voice of reason.
1.gif
I'll do the re-set only if LM or WF state that they can swap stones later.

diamondglee

Rough_Rock
I have a similar setting to the photoshopped one..and I love it. My diamond is a 2.27 ct...smaller than yours but you get the idea.

403864-MVC-030S.JPG

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2007 11:46:59 AM
Author: diamondglee
I have a similar setting to the photoshopped one..and I love it. My diamond is a 2.27 ct...smaller than yours but you get the idea.
Lovely. Thanks!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2007 8:48:30 PM
Author: mcblohe
i like them both.
i''m also considering changing mine to a pave diamond setting. how much would it cost you to do yours? thanks
LM quoted $3150 to $3310.

bluehue

Shiny_Rock
Well, I gotta say I would do it. Your current ring is beautiful and elegant, but I think the new ring would be outstanding. It sure is easy spending other peope''s $$$$ Plus, it sounds like you would only upgrade the stone if you could keep the setting. Win..win.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bluehue,
Not too flashy for a tax geek?
2.gif

Mrssalvo,
Irina has kindly re-sized the photo of my puppies. Can you see them any more clearly?

bluehue

Shiny_Rock
You''re a SAHM now. SAHMs can do and wear anything!!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh no, I'm in practice.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Harriet, I''m with the other voices of reason. The Tiffany repro setting is very nice with your current diamond, and I would certainly wait and do a reset once you have your final stone. I do agree that pave settings are on the fragile side and might be best for a right hand ring. I just wouldn''t consider trying to set this stone and then changing the stone later. It is possible you could end up with a slightly different size in order to go up a couple of color grades. I''d go ahead and get a pretty eternity ring to wear as a wedding band in the event you don''t get the new stone before your wedding. Then, even if you get a new set, the eternity ring will be beautiful to wear alone on days you don''t want to wear your set.

Dory

Rough_Rock
I think it is perfect as it is. I''d get 2 narrow pave bands and wear one on each side!
emwink.gif
It''s a beauty!!!!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
DS,
5.gif

Dory,
I tried that, but the band''s too thick. Maybe I can have it shaven.

bluehue

Shiny_Rock
Still not too flashy. I dream of having a career again. Do you have kids???

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bluehue,
I'm not even married yet.
1.gif
How old are your kids? Will you work when they are bigger?

bluehue

Shiny_Rock
My mistake. Sometimes I assume too much, as my life as a SAHM makes me a bit myopic. I try to fight the tendency.

I have 3 - 7, 4 & 2. I do plan on returning to something but I think the little one is too little for full-time daycare. I also worry, however, that the shelf-life of my credentials is coming to an end.
23.gif
I have the smaller 2 in am nursery schools so that I have my mornings free. I need time to feed my PS addiction.
28.gif
Funny thing is I never thought I would be a SAHM. I started out planning on only taking 1 year off and now it is closing in on 8. I do have a hard time wrapping my brain around a 2 career family with 3 small kids. I fully planned on and had the "pedigree" for a partner in big firm career. How things turn out...

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2007 8:28:56 PM
Author: bluehue

My mistake. Sometimes I assume too much, as my life as a SAHM makes me a bit myopic. I try to fight the tendency.

I have 3 - 7, 4 & 2. I do plan on returning to something but I think the little one is too little for full-time daycare. I also worry, however, that the shelf-life of my credentials is coming to an end.
23.gif
I have the smaller 2 in am nursery schools so that I have my mornings free. I need time to feed my PS addiction.
28.gif
Funny thing is I never thought I would be a SAHM. I started out planning on only taking 1 year off and now it is closing in on 8. I do have a hard time wrapping my brain around a 2 career family with 3 small kids. I fully planned on and had the ''pedigree'' for a partner in big firm career. How things turn out...
aw blue... there''s always time :) My lifeplan included going to school through phd but I didn''t want to stop school or career to have children, so I had them first! Mine are 12, 7, and 5 now... and next year the youngest will be in school full time every day!!! Are your 7 and 4 year olds boys or girls or 1 of each? (sorry harriet!!)

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bluehue,
That's ok, fellow tax geek.
Hope you get to do whatever makes you and your family happiest!

Cehra,
No problem. You can still do your PhD.
1.gif

bluehue

Shiny_Rock
Boy, boy, girl. We''ll see what the future holds when it arrives, I suppose. I am lucky to have options.

I love school, so getting another degree and heading off in another direction is always an enticing option for me, too.

Is this the mother of all threadjacks???

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is, but threadjack away. Condition: You''ve got to tell me more about your life as a tax lawyer.

bluehue

Shiny_Rock
I''ll be back a little later... the little buggers think they need nourishment.

bluehue

Shiny_Rock
Here goes...

k-jd. Lots of tax & biz classes in law school. Summer associate w/ biz lawyer in firm in MN. Journal of Corporation Law. RA with biz professor who is now the dean at a school with a good LLM program in tax. [I may have to leverage that connection.
31.gif
] Judicial clerkship in MN. MN bar. CA bar (oops not moving there, oh well). Temp. clerkship in OR. OR bar. Associate w/ single practitioner in OR. He had a good reputation, but his firm was in financial chaos which resulted in problems paying me. Egads! In retrospect, I think I got antsy and took the first offer. I should have held out for a better fit with a medium to large firm. A life lesson for me to only take what I really want. Had baby. Had baby. Had baby. The rest, as they say, is history... Wait, found Pricescope and reached bling Nirvana.

How about you? I think on the webinar you said you had been practicing for 4 years. Did I read somewhere in NYC? I''ve read so many posts that I may be confusing things. Big firm? I know you have many jewelry projects, which I admire.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2007 10:03:05 PM
Here goes...

k-jd. Lots of tax & biz classes in law school. Summer associate w/ biz lawyer in firm in MN. Journal of Corporation Law. RA with biz professor who is now the dean at a school with a good LLM program in tax. [I may have to leverage that connection.
31.gif
] Judicial clerkship in MN. MN bar. CA bar (oops not moving there, oh well). Temp. clerkship in OR. OR bar. Associate w/ single practitioner in OR. He had a good reputation, but his firm was in financial chaos which resulted in problems paying me. Egads! In retrospect, I think I got antsy and took the first offer. I should have held out for a better fit with a medium to large firm. A life lesson for me to only take what I really want. Had baby. Had baby. Had baby. The rest, as they say, is history... Wait, found Pricescope and reached bling Nirvana.

How about you? I think on the webinar you said you had been practicing for 4 years. Did I read somewhere in NYC? I''ve read so many posts that I may be confusing things. Big firm? I know you have many jewelry projects, which I admire.
Thanks! What''s a k-jd? With your background, do you even need an LLM? I can''t believe you went through the 3-day CA bar!

Yup, I''m in NY with one of those huge firms. Like you, I took many tax classes in school (everything offered, I think). Unlike you, I don''t want to go back for the LLM. Enough school!

bluehue

Shiny_Rock
kindergarten through juris doctorate

I just think down the line an LLM might freshen my resume. It probably won''t happen because we love Portland and I would have to do a weekly commute. Kudos on your career.

I don''t really mind the bar. My husband always teases me that I should either work for Barbri or get a world record for taking all of the bars.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
To pave or not to pave... well, this is my opinion (in a nut shell). Having a solitaire like you have now puts ALL the emphasis on the stone. People look at your hand and they don''t see a ring, they see a DIAMOND.

That will change if you get it reset. A very thin pave band (even with a diamond the size of yours) WILL bling... and will totally change the look. People will now see and notice a RING (or rings, once you get your w-ring), not just a diamond.

SO, where do you want the emphasis? Do you want one gorgeous, killer DIAMOND -- or one beautiful, sparkly RING?

(Just my 2 cents.)

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bluehue,
Thanks! One more question -- what kind of tax were you practising?

Lynn B,
Good questions. What setting do you have? I've always admired your stone.

bluehue

Shiny_Rock
T&E - love, love, love planning with $$$

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2007 8:36:17 PM
Author: Harriet
Bluehue,
That''s ok, fellow tax geek.
Hope you get to do whatever makes you and your family happiest!

Cehra,
No problem. You can still do your PhD.
1.gif
:) Oh I plan to!! I would start in the fall but my husband has one more year on his masters and we decided to not go to school at the same time... and of course next summer we''re moving... so it might be 3 more years before I go back... but I might go to school at the junior college here next year and just take a couple classes to kinda get in the swing of things :)

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2007 8:42:54 PM
Boy, boy, girl. We''ll see what the future holds when it arrives, I suppose. I am lucky to have options.

I love school, so getting another degree and heading off in another direction is always an enticing option for me, too.

Is this the mother of all threadjacks???
my 7 and 5 year olds are boys :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results