shape
carat
color
clarity

Ring pics from Appraiser

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
I got pics from the appraiser today of my engagement ring. Just wanted some feedback from all of you. I feel like there may be too much metal showing from the sides making it seem less fluid. Is that my imagination?

ring3.JPG

ring 4.JPG

ring.JPG

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it looks amazing :love: :love: ! Can you share who made it?

Bibbi

Rough_Rock
do you mean between the center stone and how the band rises to meet it...? i love your ring - it's very beautiful and i would not have noticed that until you pointed it out. It still looks gorgeous, but if it bothers you , can your vendor correct it?

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
It was made by Steven Kirsch. I am pretty sure that if I really didnt like it he could fix it but I was just wondering if I was over reacting or whether anyone else really sees what I see. And ofcourse I havent seen the ring in real life so I may just be nit picking..

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn't have noticed it either if it hadn't been pointed out. Honestly, I think it's gorgeous. It's hard to make a judgment from an image--and you may feel completely delighted once you see it in person. If you're not pleased, I bet he can fix it-- man, is he talented.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pictures seem to magnify things that in real life are not an issue.When you see it I am sure it will be gorgeous!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, this is such a beautiful ring.

If that extra metal is bothering you now it will only bother you more over time so you should get it fixed. I wouldn't have noticed it if you hadn't pointed it out, but I've learned that once something bothers you it becomes magnified in your eyes with time.

gummy-bear

Shiny_Rock
I actually like the gap between the centre stone and the first side stone. I think it looks like a nice spacer. But if you don't like it you should change it.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think your ring is gorgeous.

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone ! I think I will have to see the ring in person to see how I feel about it. I was feeling a little sad since it wasnt what I envisioned in my head but all of you are making me feel tons better about it :) :)

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I think it's a beautiful ring BUT I would get it fixed...I would want a perfect ring.

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
WOW! I love your ring :love:. Honestly, I don't think it will be very apparent in real life. Remember this picture is magnified a lot so that section of metal is going to be small once you're actually looking at it. I like it as is but, really, you never know until you see it. Since you'll actually be looking for it once you have the ring it may still bother you. I hope you love it once you see it so you can get it on your hand quicker and we can see some hand shots ;)).

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't think it is a flaw, I think it is a design choice Steven made. I think you should perhaps mention to him you are unsure and would like to see it in person to make up your mind, but at least the door will be open with him for changing it if that is what you want in the end. But in real life, that area is likely 1mm or smaller. I doubt you will notice it, but wait and see!

It looks lovely, such a special ring.

natascha

Brilliant_Rock
I second that it wil probably not be noticable in real life.

However, if it were my ring I would want that area with one or two rows of milgrain. I have an antique ring with channel set frenchies and that one also has a bit of metal there. It is not noticable unless you take the ring off and really stare at it from the side. Of course my ring has milgrain, and I am milgrain crazy so it could be affecting my judgment :wink2:

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Like I mentioned to you, I would get the ring changed to exactly how you like it. No point living with something that you have to accept. I would definetly want to put something in that metal gap - some sort of engraving. But I am still wondering how it would look to add a row of pave there that also wraps all the way around the basket (like Wintotty's ring). It mixes style but might look good ...maybe I will photoshop it to see.

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
It's not something you should fret over until you see it in real life. That ring is amazing. Seriously the ring of my dreams!

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
Slg47- I agree..I dont know how it looks IRL but if the metal is very apparent than I probably will keep looking for it and feeling like its less than perfect.

Grlsbestfrnd- I will def take more pics when I receive it but prob no hand pics til my boyfriend officially proposes.

Dreamer D- I guess I was a little surprised because the picture I sent him and what we had discussed was for the ring to have the same design as Wintotty and Lovestreet. I didnt realize that he had changed the design til I saw pics from the appraiser.

Natascha- I am crazy about millegrain too so that is def an option for a design element rather than just plan metal.

Charmy- Pave also might be nice but I am really not sure if it would enhance or detract from the overall design.

Kelpie- Thanks ! I cant believe it is actually finished and that what ive been dreaming about for the past couple months is now finally a reality.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh that is gorgeous!!! :love: I have decided for the most part that these highly magnified photos are both a blessing and a curse. It's nice to see the perfect workmanship yet it magnifies things that are inconsequential when you see it in person. I can't wait for you to get it so we can have more pics!!!! :appl:

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is Beautiful.. Just an untrained eye.. but I think it's the angle of the photos... as soon as you are looking at it on your hand.. it will be love... so pretty!!! :love:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW - what a ring! :love:

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
I had also asked for double claw prongs not single. I feel like the single claw prongs are not as delicate. Which do you all like better?

ring 2.JPG

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the ring looks beautiful. I personally prefer the single claw prongs as I think it makes for a cleaner look.

I think you will be pleasantly surprised when it arrives!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I think it's fabulous! :appl:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I prefer single claws.

BUT I think you need to call Steven and talk to him about these concerns. Then once you see it you can decide what to do. Don't wait around to see it either, you need to see it now and make up your mind, not in a few months when a proposal might take place (not sure if you are engaged yet...)

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
Dreamer_D|1305649973|2923994 said:
I prefer single claws.

BUT I think you need to call Steven and talk to him about these concerns. Then once you see it you can decide what to do. Don't wait around to see it either, you need to see it now and make up your mind, not in a few months when a proposal might take place (not sure if you are engaged yet...)
I agree though I know my boyfriend is disappointed because he wanted there to be some surprise element to the ring. However since I am not certain exactly when he plans to officially propose I really need to see it IRL. I should have it back from the appraiser in a few days and will contact Steven this week about it if it really seems noticeable .

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it looks gorgeous! I wouldn't have any changes made until you see it in person. These giant pics sometimes do make things seem like a glaring flaw and it turns out to be a refection or not at all noticeable in real like. I prefer the single prongs too. I think the double prongs sometimes take up a lot of space on the face of the stone and just look off to me. Anyway, I really do think it's fantastic and hope you just love it when you see if. If you don't, definitely contact Steven and have whatever changes made so that it is something you are in love with!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think your ring is absolutely stunning as is, and I don't think it's likely that you'll see that tiny piece of metal when looking at the ring head on, like you and most people will when admiring it. All of those photos were taken on a slight angle/side view. I don't think you have anything at all to worry about!

Love Street

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is BEAUTIFUL Hospatogi! I really, reeeeally love the tapered carre cuts with that chunky cushion - it is modern and clean, yet timeless. I also like the curve in the shank, it's very elegant.

When you mentioned it, I did notice the metal on the side, where the first trap meets the center stone. After looking at it again, it almost seems as if Steven was going for a design effect where the bezel (going around the center stone under the girdle) sort of flows/melts into the shank. I could see where adding milgrain there would be nice and minimize the metal look a little. (My tapered channel shank has milgrain in that particular area, and the metal showing there looks to be similar to the amount of metal on the channels).

It's true that the magnified photos might highlight things that would not be as "glaring" to you IRL. That said, if it's bugging you now it might still bug you after you get it because it sounds like the vision you had for the channel is different than the vision Steven had for it.

As for the prongs, might be good to see those in peron - prongs sometimes seem to just disappear, which IMO is a good thing. Your single prongs will probably keep the squarish shape of the cushion, while being unobtrusive IRL and just sort of blending to the background like they're supposed to.

It really is a lovely ring (makes my heart pitter patter because I was so set myself on going with chunk cushion+step cuts before it became apparent it wouldn't work with my warm stone). No matter what you decide to do with these smaller details, you have a classic but unique, timeless, and clearly well-crafted ring. Good luck and keep us posted.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is gorgeous and I don't think with your stone size that double prongs would look right. Like the other posters said, I would wait until you have seen it IRL before you decide.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results