shape
carat
color
clarity

Ring pics from Appraiser

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
Love Street|1305701247|2924626 said:
Your ring is BEAUTIFUL Hospatogi! I really, reeeeally love the tapered carre cuts with that chunky cushion - it is modern and clean, yet timeless. I also like the curve in the shank, it's very elegant.

When you mentioned it, I did notice the metal on the side, where the first trap meets the center stone. After looking at it again, it almost seems as if Steven was going for a design effect where the bezel (going around the center stone under the girdle) sort of flows/melts into the shank. I could see where adding milgrain there would be nice and minimize the metal look a little. (My tapered channel shank has milgrain in that particular area, and the metal showing there looks to be similar to the amount of metal on the channels).

It's true that the magnified photos might highlight things that would not be as "glaring" to you IRL. That said, if it's bugging you now it might still bug you after you get it because it sounds like the vision you had for the channel is different than the vision Steven had for it.

As for the prongs, might be good to see those in peron - prongs sometimes seem to just disappear, which IMO is a good thing. Your single prongs will probably keep the squarish shape of the cushion, while being unobtrusive IRL and just sort of blending to the background like they're supposed to.

It really is a lovely ring (makes my heart pitter patter because I was so set myself on going with chunk cushion+step cuts before it became apparent it wouldn't work with my warm stone). No matter what you decide to do with these smaller details, you have a classic but unique, timeless, and clearly well-crafted ring. Good luck and keep us posted.
I actually had asked for a ring that looks like yours except with carre cut stones hence my disappointment.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,
It looks like a beautiful ring, BUT if you're not happy, get it fixed! You deserve to be 100% happy with it.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Contact Steven now and ask him why he made that design choice. I suspect it has something to do with the available sizes of the stones on the shank, and the amount of taper you wanted in the shank, or some other thing. I think you should talk to him about his design before you see it so you know why he made the choice he did, to add some perspective.

sparklyforever

Shiny_Rock
Was there an update to this?
I have been curious as to the outcome.

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
I contacted Steven with my concerns and the metal spacers were indeed an added design element. Steven was really understanding and wanted me to be 100% satisfied with my ring. He also worked at the speed of lightning because the changes were done in a week ! I am thrilled to say that after removing the metal spacers and changing the single prongs to double claw prongs that I am very pleased with the way it turned out.

sparklyforever

Shiny_Rock
Thanks great news!

Any new pics?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hospatogi|1306658192|2933010 said:
I contacted Steven with my concerns and the metal spacers were indeed an added design element. Steven was really understanding and wanted me to be 100% satisfied with my ring. He also worked at the speed of lightning because the changes were done in a week ! I am thrilled to say that after removing the metal spacers and changing the single prongs to double claw prongs that I am very pleased with the way it turned out.

:appl: Yes, we definitely need news pictures!!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
GREAT!

See how simple the solutions are sometimes? :)) By all accounts, Steven has great customer service.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results