shape
carat
color
clarity

Ring has arrived - Advice on the ASET pictures please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
sweet EC she is going to love it.
like the setting too, it showcases the stone well.

Ryan327

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the supportive comments! I really appreciate the advice you gave me in the earlier threads. I found the article about the p3 cut to be very interesting btw...and the pictures in that article and in your post gave me a much better understanding of what to look for in a step cut. It seems like it was really easy to see what a princess cut or round should look like, but the step seemed much more difficult to locate.

I will get the side picture tomorrow that will hopefully show the crown better. What are you looking for...do you expect to see a higher crown? Just looking to pick you brain a little.
Ryan

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/15/2008 11:31:13 PM
Author: Ryan327
Thanks for the supportive comments! I really appreciate the advice you gave me in the earlier threads. I found the article about the p3 cut to be very interesting btw...and the pictures in that article and in your post gave me a much better understanding of what to look for in a step cut. It seems like it was really easy to see what a princess cut or round should look like, but the step seemed much more difficult to locate.

I will get the side picture tomorrow that will hopefully show the crown better. What are you looking for...do you expect to see a higher crown? Just looking to pick you brain a little.

Ryan

Your welcome.
I expect its 12% or higher, anything over 10 is good.
if its under 10 you would have noticed the lack of fire and there are a couple clues that show up in the aset when it is to shallow that aren't showing up so that's good.
I'm just curious I'm not worried about it being an issue.

Great job taking the aset images.
They are better taken than some vendors images.

Ryan327

Rough_Rock
Here you go strmrdr...Hope they didn''t loose too much clarity when I sized them down.

Crown01a.JPG

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad it worked out for you with the ASET and that you found what you were looking for, good luck with the proposal
35.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good luck with the proposal! That EC is lovely!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
near as I can figure out its around 11%

Ryan327

Rough_Rock
I was going to ask how to figure it out since a lot of quality was lost when I had to scale the pics and crop them.

I took two of the high res. pictures and tried to measure every thing after zooming in a pretty good amount...

I had right around 10.5 cm total. 1.5 from the table to the top of the girdle. about .3 in the girdle, and 8.6 in the base below. I know that is .1 off, but was as close as I could guess. I thought by dividing the crown by the total I would get the crown height %, which from 3 pics where between 14 and 16%....I may be way off, let me know!

Ryan

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/16/2008 8:25:39 PM
Author: Ryan327
I was going to ask how to figure it out since a lot of quality was lost when I had to scale the pics and crop them.

I took two of the high res. pictures and tried to measure every thing after zooming in a pretty good amount...

I had right around 10.5 cm total. 1.5 from the table to the top of the girdle. about .3 in the girdle, and 8.6 in the base below. I know that is .1 off, but was as close as I could guess. I thought by dividing the crown by the total I would get the crown height %, which from 3 pics where between 14 and 16%....I may be way off, let me know!

Ryan
Its over 10% so the exact number don't matter much.
I did an overlay in DiamCalc and did it that way and got around 11 but it isn't 100% accurate.
Remember that the CH is in relation to the width not the total height.
So,, For 1.5/10.5 The CH is .142875 of 2.87mm = .41mm which is .41/4.22 CH or 9.78%
I think that 9.78% is lower than it actually is.

Lets use 16% which you got from another image.
.16 of 2.87mm or .4593mm which is CH of .4593/4.22 = 10.88%

I think around 11% is right.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
bottom line she is going to love it.
The ASET looks excellent and the CH is enough.
I''d call that kicken
Congrates!!!!!!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
It looks great, Ryan! Good luck with the proposal!

enigma1406

Rough_Rock
Good luck with the proposal! The ring/diamond looks great.

Ryan327

Rough_Rock
Date: 10/16/2008 9:16:37 PM
Author: strmrdr
bottom line she is going to love it.

The ASET looks excellent and the CH is enough.

I''d call that kicken

Congrates!!!!!!

I wasn''t worried anymore, I just all about details....and the math was a little more complex than what I was expecting.

I was worried waiting for it, but I chose this stone b/c the numbers looked good and was just hoping that it would look good to the eye....and it was better than what I could have hoped for. The fact that it gets the "kicken" rating is more than enough for me!

I can''t wait to give it to her....its burning a hole in my pocket right now, but it won''t be much longer now!

Thanks again for all the help and I look forward to posting some handshots in the next week. I can see how diamonds can become a addiction...

Ryan

Ryan327

Rough_Rock
Here is a update.

She said yes and couldn''t be more happy about her ring. It was a total surprise for her since she really wasn''t expecting this until at least 2009. Here is a quick picture of where I proposed. This is on the Blue Ridge Parway in Virginia at Stony Man overlook.

Thank you to everyone for all the information and expert information!

Ryan

Blue Ridge Enagement Picture.jpg

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
That''s great news Ryan! Congratulations!!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results