shape
carat
color
clarity

Ring has arrived - Advice on the ASET pictures please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ryan327

Rough_Rock
My stone from blue nile has finally arrived and I took some ASET pictures of it to see what people thought. It looks very nice to me with my eyes and does not appear dark at all, but I've only seen two other emerald cuts in person. Advice and opinions would be appreciated.

BTW, here are the numbers in case it matters.

.71c, E, VS1 (6.56 x 4.22 x 2.87)
Table - 62%
Depth - 68%
Girdle - Medium to slightly thick
Polish - Very Good
Symmetry - Very Good
Clarity Characteristics - Crystal
Fluorescence - None

Please let me know if you have any tips for getting clear pictures...I can't seem to stay steady enough to get them to come out really clear...

Practice Shots 007.jpg

Ryan327

Rough_Rock
pic 2

Practice Shots 008.jpg

Ryan327

Rough_Rock
pic 3

Web009.jpg

Ryan327

Rough_Rock
pic 4

Web010.jpg

Ryan327

Rough_Rock
At an angle one way

Web011.jpg

Ryan327

Rough_Rock
Another at a different angle

Web013.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you post some pics of the actual stone also please for comparison?

Ryan327

Rough_Rock
They all look extremely dark since the lighting in my house is terrible...the flash will not go off because it is too bright, but yet i''m so close to the stone that i''m shadowing it...i''ll post the one i have and will have to try and take some more...any hints or tips?

It also doesn''t help that I don''t have anything to magnify the stone to make the picture more clear.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, use macro mode on the camera ( flower icon) and no flash. Try to take pics outside with the sun behind you, keep the camera and ring extremely steady, rig up a tripod of some sort if you can.

Ryan327

Rough_Rock
Here are just some regular photos, this is about the best I can do with my handheld.

Web02.jpg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
excellent EC congrates.

Ryan327

Rough_Rock
Last one...

Web06.jpg

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aset images look fine and the pattern is nice. I think you are fine!

Ryan327

Rough_Rock
The stone actually looks much larger than I thought it would which makes me even more happy! One of the ones I looked at while at the B&M store was almost exactly the same size, but I thought it looked smaller (and was much more expensive!). I''m am sooooooo happy that the stone looks great, I don''t know what I would have done if I needed to send it back and start looking again.

Looks like I''ll be proposing on Wednesday!!!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/15/2008 11:01:11 AM
Author: Ryan327
The stone actually looks much larger than I thought it would which makes me even more happy! One of the ones I looked at while at the B&M store was almost exactly the same size, but I thought it looked smaller (and was much more expensive!). I''m am sooooooo happy that the stone looks great, I don''t know what I would have done if I needed to send it back and start looking again.

Looks like I''ll be proposing on Wednesday!!!

GOOD LUCK RYAN!!!! Please come back with handshots!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats on the beautiful ring!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
If you got strmrdr''s approval it MUST be great! I think it looks plenty big too. Great choice!

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your pick and good luck with the proposal!
1.gif

Ryan327

Rough_Rock
Lol...it is funny that you say that because I was worried what he was going to say.

Then when he it was excellent I was worried because he didn''t have more to say, but thinking about it a little more if he did have a lot to say it probably would have been bad :)

The sun finally peaked out of the clouds so I could look at it under natural light and I am very please. It''s actually too bright to look at some times, made me see stars! I looked at it with the ASET outside too and it looks just like the pics posted but with the colors appearing much brighter...maybe later I''ll get a better picture. I just can''t stop staring at it and I know she will be doing the same!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
36.gif
Congrats!

:)

Brilliant_Rock
looks really pretty!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a lovely stone, nice job!

Ryan327

Rough_Rock
Is their a reason why I can''t put a link into my post? I took some daylight pictures and wanted to just post a like to the album I created on photobucket but it won''t let met...keeps giving a error whether I hyperlink it or if I just past the info into the text area....

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/15/2008 4:29:17 PM
Author: Ryan327
Is their a reason why I can''t put a link into my post? I took some daylight pictures and wanted to just post a like to the album I created on photobucket but it won''t let met...keeps giving a error whether I hyperlink it or if I just past the info into the text area....
photobucket links aren''t allowed you have to upload the images here.
can you post a picture from the side showing the crown height?
It should be ok based on the numbers, I''m just curious.
The ASET looks excellent.

Ryan327

Rough_Rock
I will get a crown picture tomorrow...that is one I didn''t think to take. Here are some more pics with better light though

Web01.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results