carat
color
clarity

Ring Designer Backed Out: Help Needed

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
From B2C?

Yes, you get handed off to a new person each step— one person to purchase, one person for billing, one cad person etc.

We have B2C reps here so if you run into trouble, we can holler at them...

Last edited:

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
* * * i don't know enough about their design chops but b2c settings were mentioned on another thread by @whitewave i think, maybe she can chime in on whether they can pull this off well.

they have something very similar at about 1/2 the price.
https://www.b2cjewels.com/1/asab680...alo-diamond-engagement-ring-in-14k-white-gold

whatever you choose, hope it turns out amazing =)
I'd like to heartily encourage you to explore the possibility of the split-hank, dual halo setting that bludiva linked for you -- rather than embarking on the commission of CAD-custom order with B2C. The custom order will not be returnable; think you'll be much more at ease with "what you see is what you get"; and we've not seen anything comparable in a custom halo ring from B2C's bench -- a very different project than whitewave's. (Some of us may remember the horror of a halo CAD that Good Old Gold produced, and seemed unable to get right, several years ago... so the fact that previous PSers had been happy with their custom solitaire rings from GOG was not a good predictor of the halo experience.)

The linked setting is one within B2C's Try It for Free program, meaning they send you replicas -- in silver with a 1 ct CZ as the center stone -- of up to 3 settings for $9.99 (B2C pays for the return delivery, but maybe not for Canadian residents). Hit the Try It for Free button that's under the pics on the listing page for more details.

Last edited:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very true— custom cant be returned.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just want to add for @Nurse-88 's benefit, that policy is definitely not peculiar to B2C. E.g.,
https://www.bluenile.com/policies/returns#nonRefundable
https://www.whiteflash.com/about-diamonds/faq/what-is-your-return-policy-1008.htm
After all, what are the odds that another customer who wants precisely the same (unique) item, in the same size, will soon be banging on the door?

yep - my point was that type of setting is so common that the risks of going custom could likely be avoided without sacrificing anything in the design.

Nurse-88

Rough_Rock
I’d love to find the Naom Carver setting on sale, or discounted somewhere, then purchase a stone separately & have it set. Ah, one can only dream!

Wow, this forum is so awesome! You guys and gals have been so amazing.

Nurse-88

Rough_Rock
What do you all think of a .7ct centre stone in a split shank double halo?

Do you think it’s too small of a centre stone? Will the setting swallow or overpower the centre stone?

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Do you think it’s too small of a centre stone? Will the setting swallow or overpower the centre stone?

I don't think it will be overpowering. Take a look at some of the Tiffany Soleste double halos, they have a range of stones starting at around .3ct if I'm not mistaken and still look nice.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's a good photo for you! Laila619's .77 ct stone in Blue Nile's double halo, Duet setting -- the same setting @SimoneDi suggested in her post #12 on the first page of this thread -- on her 7.5 ring size finger:
BN Duet .77 ct ring size 7-5jpg.jpg
More pics of this (and her other rings) here:
https://www.pricescope.com/communit...my-two-new-engagement-rings-and-bands.197601/

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results