shape
carat
color
clarity

Ring design ideas for emerald and diamond

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think the first layout works out best for a ring.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the first one as well, but maybe with a tiny bit more space between stones, since I love blackened gold :)

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually like #3 with the caramel colored stone in the middle, but in the layout of #1.

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For the shank, how about something with some weight to balance the setting?

1447-jpg.419943

kevnick80

Shiny_Rock
Premium
This is the design I have gone for.

Now - do you think I should have a solid single band that comes from the centre of the diamond or should I have two thin (separate) bands that come out of the edges/top and bottom of the diamond?

Hopefully you know what I mean!

5114D607-80FB-42A1-A9B5-A2E1F31B05D2.jpeg

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@kevnick80 do you have your stones’ measurements in mm by chance?

ETA; Nevermind; I overlooked the measurements earlier.

I have this ring saved in my inspiration folder, and have been drawing up some ideas based on it. I think it could be made thicker/more masculine (e.g. lose the diamond cuffs on the sides) and might accommodate your stones nicely.
E5D54ABA-FC32-4283-8D6F-F28C1CE30D5F.jpeg

Last edited:

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous stones. You have great taste. ;)2

I like some of the styles on this website. Although, they are based in London, England, they have some gorgeous contemporary styles.
https://www.mccaul.com/our-collection/
Those are some cool rings, thank you for posting the link!

I love this rose cut ring :))
https://www.mccaul.com/collection/yellow-gold-rose-cut-diamond-twist-engagement-ring/

@kevnick80 - I love that carrré cut, and 8mm is substantial! @Matthews1127 will like it, I know that much lol

kevnick80

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@kevnick80 do you have your stones’ measurements in mm by chance?

ETA; Nevermind; I overlooked the measurements earlier.

I have this ring saved in my inspiration folder, and have been drawing up some ideas based on it. I think it could be made thicker/more masculine (e.g. lose the diamond cuffs on the sides) and might accommodate your stones nicely.
E5D54ABA-FC32-4283-8D6F-F28C1CE30D5F.jpeg

I can see where you are going. How could I make it more masculine do you think?

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
I like the double band idea. Adds visual interest but will still look clean.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you go with that vertical design with the strips of metal for the diamonds, could you put a straight baguette on both strips? i know it would cost a bit more but I think that the plain metal strip would bug me. It would really tie together the stones beautifully.You would probably need a 10 pt baguette at the most.

kevnick80

Shiny_Rock
Premium
If you go with that vertical design with the strips of metal for the diamonds, could you put a straight baguette on both strips? i know it would cost a bit more but I think that the plain metal strip would bug me. It would really tie together the stones beautifully.You would probably need a 10 pt baguette at the most.

Good idea - never thought of that!

kevnick80

Shiny_Rock
Premium
The other idea was maybe a cross band (without the diamonds on the band) with the carré cut in the centre and the emeralds either side?

E20D4860-B257-424B-A07A-FBF3B22C8B9F.jpeg

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to admit that, personally speaking, I like the cross band better - I just feel that having the emeralds 'stuck out' north/south like in the previous design might not look 'chunky enough' and/or might be at risk of snapping off in a worst case scenario.

The carré cut could be dagonally set in the middle or square-on - the latter might make fitting the emeralds easier if you fit the square sides together, like in your first photo at the top of this page but turned sideways?

kevnick80

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I have to admit that, personally speaking, I like the cross band better - I just feel that having the emeralds 'stuck out' north/south like in the previous design might not look 'chunky enough' and/or might be at risk of snapping off in a worst case scenario.

The carré cut could be dagonally set in the middle or square-on - the latter might make fitting the emeralds easier if you fit the square sides together, like in your first photo at the top of this page but turned sideways?

So you mean, have the emeralds set east-west?

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Correct! I'm not sure if it would be too wide on your finger or not, though.

kevnick80

Shiny_Rock
Premium
64C3415A-F0E8-43B6-AAB7-812F95BFEAAA.jpeg 8B175665-AC32-436E-A11B-70A28A16B99B.jpeg

So. My final design (I think).

Pave set diamond.

Do you think I should have the emerald and the carré cut diamond set in a bezel or just on their own with small claws? And if claws, in the corner or each stone or on halfway down the sides of the stone?

Opinions welcome!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just to check, you are going for that exact (circled) look?

Will it look 'chunky' enough for you?

I am wondering if it will look quite delicate (especially if you don't bezel the larger stones) and therefore interpreted by some as 'feminine'?

The oxidised silver should look more 'masculine', but it is difficult to envisage an unusual design!

Can you get CADs or do they work by eye only?

kevnick80

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Just to check, you are going for that exact (circled) look?

Will it look 'chunky' enough for you?

I am wondering if it will look quite delicate (especially if you don't bezel the larger stones) and therefore interpreted by some as 'feminine'?

The oxidised silver should look more 'masculine', but it is difficult to envisage an unusual design!

Can you get CADs or do they work by eye only?

I am going to bezel the stones so should look a bit chunkier. I’m really struggling to find the perfect design for the stones.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey @kevnick80, how are things going with this project? :))

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sometimes these things happen! lol I'm sure inspiration will strike when you least expect it :)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
64C3415A-F0E8-43B6-AAB7-812F95BFEAAA.jpeg 8B175665-AC32-436E-A11B-70A28A16B99B.jpeg

So. My final design (I think).

Pave set diamond.

Do you think I should have the emerald and the carré cut diamond set in a bezel or just on their own with small claws? And if claws, in the corner or each stone or on halfway down the sides of the stone?

Opinions welcome!

Oh gosh, no thank you.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are unbelievable stones. I’m drooling!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results