shape
carat
color
clarity

Richard Wise has new stuff up - I love this emerald!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
vs the 3.28. You rate them both a 9.7 on your site. At this point, is it just preference for size and cut? What would be the draw of the kashmir besides pedigree. Do these stones really look good in most lighting conditions as they are known for?

1550_1.jpg

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 10:44:55 PM
Author: Harriet
You don''t live far away, right? What are you waiting for? Ltl, you coming?
Not too far, at all. I lived in Philly until last summer, this year I am in Delaware, and moving to Baltimore in a few months. Even Baltimore isn''t too too far.

Ltl, I think you need a graduating residency trip
1.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
That would be fun. I love NYC. I think I will have more time to travel soon.

Sagebrush

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
TG,

The 2.52 Kashmir has a bit more of the characteristic softness. This is caused by myriads of sub-microscopic "sugar" like inclusions that scatter or fractures the light as it refracts inside the stone, but are so small that rather than impeding the light, as a larger inclusion might do, they create a velvety glow or texture. The actual color(hue,saturation, tone) of the two stones is similar.

Kashmirs have little if any chromium which is the source of what is known as color "bleeding". Chromium causes the red in rubies and will turn the blue a bit purplish in incandescent which some see as losing color. On the other hand, some connoisseurs truly appreciate the velvety hue the purple adds. The 3.28 carat is a bit "crisper" looking.

Are Kashmir's worth 4X the price of a Ceylon natural? Your call. Over the past forty years, Kashmir sapphires have increased an average 39% per annum in value and the don't mildew or rot!

Cheers,

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2009 10:43:12 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Um, I guess I should use the term ''smaller'' loosely. Here''s the 2.52 I''m talking about -

I didn''t realize this was the kashmir. Of course I like the more expensive sapphire (I always have a way to find the more expensive things), I guess it is that "soft" characteristic I like.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/28/2009 10:52:02 PM
Author: icekid
Date: 3/27/2009 10:44:55 PM

Author: Harriet

You don''t live far away, right? What are you waiting for? Ltl, you coming?

Not too far, at all. I lived in Philly until last summer, this year I am in Delaware, and moving to Baltimore in a few months. Even Baltimore isn''t too too far.

Ltl, I think you need a graduating residency trip
1.gif

Hehe, I actually went from Baltimore to Philly. So far Philly wins. And I agree, Ltl deserves a residency graduation vacation :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results