shape
carat
color
clarity

Richard Homer

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/12/2008 11:29:13 AM
Author: Fly Girl
36.gif

Date: 8/12/2008 10:54:33 AM

Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl

Date: 8/12/2008 10:45:18 AM

Author: Irishgrrrl

Date: 8/12/2008 10:04:03 AM

Already buying something!
OK, now you can''t leave us hanging like this!!! What are you getting?!?!
9.gif

I posted it in my other thread about having control issues!
2.gif
But I''m so excited and I love talking to people about the stone!

Here it is! I just need to find a setting to show it off now!
Love, love, love it B.E.G.
3.gif
Your ring will be amazing....
36.gif

Thanks FlyGirl! I love the color on those stones by the way - I can totally see them in a 3-stone. What a knock-out it would be! Soo classic but with that color, modern too. Keep us posted on what you do! I want to see the end result!
1.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/12/2008 8:59:04 AM
Picked up these. Already down from the site.
Man, yer fast.
9.gif

I like the idea of that 3 stone...
31.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/12/2008 11:34:17 AM
Author: Ellen

Man, yer fast.
9.gif

31.gif
Ellen - Any recommendations on the center stone size? I figure I can go same size (4.5 mm), but I''d like a slightly bigger center stone. Just bigger enough that it doesn''t look like I was trying to match sizes and missed. Before I saw the rubies I have been thinking about a solitaire in the .5 to .8 ct range.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/12/2008 11:32:10 AM

Thanks FlyGirl! I love the color on those stones by the way - I can totally see them in a 3-stone. What a knock-out it would be! Soo classic but with that color, modern too. Keep us posted on what you do! I want to see the end result!
1.gif
I asked Richard about the color. I was looking for a traffic light red, perhaps a bit to the purple side (I''m so not into orange stones...leaving all the spess to others
2.gif
), with some red fluor glow in the UV. These are perfect.

I''ve been stocking up on loose stones right now. Not sure how soon I will be getting these set. I''ll let you know.
1.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/12/2008 11:41:40 AM
Ellen - Any recommendations on the center stone size? I figure I can go same size (4.5 mm), but I''d like a slightly bigger center stone. Just bigger enough that it doesn''t look like I was trying to match sizes and missed. Before I saw the rubies I have been thinking about a solitaire in the .5 to .8 ct range.
I totally agree. I''d go with something in the .75-.80 range myself. I think that would look great!

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
FlyGirl and Brown.Eyed.Girl, your projects sound AWESOME and I can''t wait to see the final results!!!
30.gif
36.gif
9.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Ellen.

And thank you for enabling, Irish!
35.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/12/2008 12:30:13 PM
Thanks, Ellen.

And thank you for enabling, Irish!
35.gif
Oh, that''s what I do best!!! LOL!
2.gif
11.gif

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/12/2008 11:34:17 AM
Author: Ellen

Man, yer fast.
9.gif

31.gif
Ditto.. like the idea of 3 stone better than earrings..

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/12/2008 11:46:17 AM

Date: 8/12/2008 11:32:10 AM

1.gif
I asked Richard about the color. I was looking for a traffic light red, perhaps a bit to the purple side (I''m so not into orange stones...leaving all the spess to others
2.gif
), with some red fluor glow in the UV. These are perfect.

I''ve been stocking up on loose stones right now. Not sure how soon I will be getting these set. I''ll let you know.
1.gif
I''m the same way with the orange, LOL.

A 3 stone sounds soooooo yummy!!!

just_looking!

Brilliant_Rock
His rubies are amazing aren''t they?!! I''ve been in love with them for years (I have RH ruby trillions in my engagement ring)....

Have bought a few things in the last 6 months without ''fessing up to you guys. Must dig out the pics Wink sent me (stored in a safe place whilst I moved jobs and countries - so safe I can''t find them!!) of the ruby ring I bought from him with an oval RH thai ruby and the recent 4.5mm burma ruby round pair. The thai ruby is more mysterious as you only get the flashes of red at certain angles, but the burma pair are gorgeous in all light settings.

Also hoping to get a RH blue sapphire pair in the same size for an earring project. Already have 4.5mm RB diamond studs so planning to get the 3 pairs set in simple Leon Mege studs with a diamond halo jacket that can be interchanged between them.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 8/11/2008 9:19:26 PM
Author: simplysplendid
Too many of his gemstones are just too beautiful for words.. sigh.. especially the sapphires and spinels, anyone saw the hot pink spinels?
Unfortunately, I do not have his gemstones on my budget now (I''ve got some other items budgeted for)..
Then you must learn to change your priorities. You will be adorned, resistance is futile!

Wink

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/27/2008 2:59:10 PM
Author: Wink

Too many of his gemstones are just too beautiful for words.. sigh.. especially the sapphires and spinels, anyone saw the hot pink spinels?
Unfortunately, I do not have his gemstones on my budget now (I''ve got some other items budgeted for)..
Then you must learn to change your priorities. You will be adorned, resistance is futile!

Wink
LOL - I have thrown my budget to the wind! Almost as soon as I have typed the post, I ordered a pink sapphire and a pair of mandarin spessartites.. I am hopeless! I visit his website daily to ogle at the pretties! Sigh...

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 8/11/2008 11:58:09 PM
Author: Elmorton
Oh, I love the new stars and flower patterns!! I don''t think he had those a year ago. But, as with a few other of his cuts, I always wonder how someone would set them.
Only a few? LOL! My bench trembles when ever I mention his name.

Richard''s stones may fit into a few ready made heads, but the majority require a custom made head to allow for the shapes and also for the girdles to his gems. The concave faceting requires that some extra thickness of the girdle be allowed so that the concavity does not leave a knife edge. He is a cutting genius, and he expects that the jeweler working on his treasures be setting geniuses.

The results of taking the time to custom make the mounting for one of his gems is always well worth the additional effort and expense!

Wink

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 9/27/2008 3:02:23 PM

Date: 9/27/2008 2:59:10 PM
Author: Wink

Wink
LOL - I have thrown my budget to the wind! Almost as soon as I have typed the post, I ordered a pink sapphire and a pair of mandarin spessartites.. I am hopeless! I visit his website daily to ogle at the pretties! Sigh...

LOL! See, I told you resistance was futile!

Wink

just_looking!

Brilliant_Rock
Hi simplysplendid! Soooooooo - any photo''s of the RH lovelies?

Anyone else have any confessions? I heard Wink had hosted a round table with RH, and I think there have been others around the country in the last few weeks?

(J, who is in need of a gemstone fix and secretly crossing fingers that no-one bought those on her wishlist......)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results