shape
carat
color
clarity

Richard Homer at Pave Fine Jewelry in Berkeley

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I got the chance to meet Richard Homer and see his beautiful concave cut colored gems. The stones we got to look at were all fabulous and the colors were amazing. With the concave faceting the colors are so clear and look like nothing I''ve ever seen. We all sat around a table and passed gem after gem and Richard had stories about a few of them. The nice people at Pave Fine Jewelers helped move the stones around for everyone to see and drool over. The owner, his sales staff and a few jewelry designers seemed like a very nice bunch of people and I only wish they were located closer to me. It was quite a trek for me...but well worth it.

Anyway, I did pick up a nice zircon. I will have to get my camera out and see if I can get any shots that do it justice. I am hoping to put this into a ring although I have no idea what design. I have some ideas but you know how hard it is to make that final choice. I''m in no hurry.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
How cool! My friend''s black pearl e-ring is from pave''! How I wish Richard would do one of these on the east coast! Thanks for sharing your experience, I can''t wait to see what you got.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Not very good with the photography so this might take a couple tries.

B_zircon01.jpg

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I seem to be part elephant!!

b_zircon2.jpg

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I amhoping this one''s larger.

b_zircon03.jpg

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
4.76 ct

b_zircon04.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Glad you got to go see the gem stones! That zircon is beautiful!!!
36.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, LOVE that color! It sounds like you had a great time, and you''re so lucky to meet Richard!

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous color! That must be 'windex' blue. Any ideas on how to set it? Or are you going to keep it unset to play with for a while? Thanks so much for sharing!

stacy

Shiny_Rock
That stone is so beautiful! It would be a dream come true for me to go to one of Richard Homer''s roundtables. I would probably need to keep my credit cards frozen in a block of ice in the freezer at home though! His work is amazing!
36.gif

valleygirl

Rough_Rock
Oh my word!! That stone is fantastic!!! I have never met Richard Homer but I am currently working with him and Wink Jones to put together a blue sapphire e-ring. When Richard gets back from this roundtable I get to see pictures and I can''t wait. I am sooooooo jealous you got to meet him in person. He seems fabulous and he does such stunning work!! Can''t wait to see how you decide to set that gorgeous gem!!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Yeehaw! Love that zircon - what a beauty!!

Isn''t Richard great? You can tell how passionate he is from about his work, and I love how he describes the stones. Also love how he watches everyone at the roundtable - I think he truly enjoys how much we enjoy opening up each stone.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results