shape
carat
color
clarity

RH ring dilemma for 10th anniversary....

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This coming year is my 10th wedding anniversary :appl:

Husband has given me the green light for a right hand ring & I am torn between 3 thoughts:

1. To have Caysie vB remake my antique pearl & OEC ring from my avatar. I have spoken with her (she's so lovely!) and she is happy to do it for me. The basket is so worn it has snapped in one place & is too delicate to fix - it was inherited & is estimated to be 110-120 years old. She is thinking the Magnolia with a few tweaks.
2. A stand alone RH ring. I have drooled over the Tiffany shared setting eternity for years so I could possibly scratch my Tiffany itch, or do I go for something with more finger presence than a claw set eternity? I would probably only be able too or afford 3 - 3.5mm wide from Tiff. Is that too narrow for stand alone & I should go for something more striking?
3. An eternity channel style setting that I can stack along side my current full 3mm princess eternity. I sometimes wear my eternity on my right hand when my hands are hot, however it's a teeny bit big on that finger & I worry I'll lose it.

The inherited pearl ring will be remade one day without doubt, as it is my treasure & has become unwearable, so do I save that project for a rainy day & take full advantage of husbands wallet being opened??

Do any of you stack eternity rings on your RH & can you show me a picture of how they look?

What would you do?

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know which to recommend, but I do know that when I was choosing what to do for my thirtieth birthday present, I explained my three options to my husband looking for his input because I couldn't decide between them and he said "you were smiling hardest all the way through the one to set the spinel, so that's the one you should go with." I didn't even realize it but yes, that was what my heart was really set on. I don't know if this anecdote helps at all.

If the pearl ring is what you really want but you are hesitating because it would cost less than either of the other two, can you put the difference in savings for a future jewelry project? ie, have a set budget and save the overage, versus thinking of it as one specific project and having the rest of the money be absorbed back into regular household stuff?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Go for the Tiffany!! Make this one special just for you - not practical! You will indeed reset the pearl but for your tenth anniversary present, get a separate right hand ring that you can love and admire all on its own. If you have always wanted a Tiffany ring (and they are gorgeous!) go for it. I doubt you'll ever regret it!

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
I agree you should get something new for the anniversary and do a separate rebuild of your pearl ring. I think the Tiffany eternity is probably going to scratch the itch for something substantial, more than a ring you stack. I say this as someone who got a stacker for my 30th birthday (which people do ask about) and a 5 stone for my 5th anniversary--the 5 stone ring gets the most attention of all my pieces. It's not huge, each stone is around .20, but it's just one of those "wow" pieces since it catches so much light compared to a narrower stacker or something lower profile.

SpencerDane

Rough_Rock
If it were me and I was given the go ahead to choose what I wanted, I think I would have to get the heirloom pearl ring in a new setting. You say this is something you know you will do one day. I think a 10th anniversary would be a wonderful time to do this and you would have many years to enjoy it. Besides, you know you already love this ring. It would be a shame to choose one of the other options and find yourself wishing you had chosen the beautiful pearl instead.

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on 10 years!

I would go for the Tiffany shared prong! Clearly, I am biased since I chose a shared prong from WF for our 10th Anniversary and I love it! I wanted a classic Anniversary band and it is just perfect!

My band has 9 x 15 point stones. The diamonds are a nice size at 3.4 mm and are incredibly sparkly. I think any size above 3mm will provide a nice amount of sparkle. I often catch people staring at my hand. I generally wear it on my right hand, but have occasionally worn it in lieu of my wedding set. I thought that I would miss my e-ring during the times that I wore the anniversary band solo, but I actually felt rather sophisticated and very married wearing a simple sparkly band and no other rings.

Whatever you choose will be beautiful!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A question I have for you is whether you prefer your 10th anniversary ring to be a special occasion ring (pearl/soft) or an everyday ring (diamond/durable)? I'm not sure I'm being articulate here, but for just lil ole ME, I like to wear my anniversary jewelry (almost) daily and Xmas/b-day jewelry can be more of a special occasion item. Just a thought.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a good consideration, Motownmama.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very good food for thought, thank you!

I intend to wear it everyday, so that rules out the pearl for now. I am also agreeing that this ring should be "for me" - that hadn't been a consideration before.

Remaking the pearl is not going to be as costly as the other options, as obviously I have all the stones, so this is definitely a project for the future. Husband also thinks this one is about me & had always thought in his mind that our tenth would be my Tiffany :love:

Thank you for your thoughts & input!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good luck with your decision Alex - please come back and let us know what you decided to get!!

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What was the first ring you thought of, when you and your husband decided to go with a ring for your gift?
I would think that one is the ring you want most.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would go for the Tiffany since you said you always wanted one of them. But since this is for you - which one excites you the most when you think about it? I will be anxious to see what you decide.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
KaeKae|1476924942|4088794 said:
What was the first ring you thought of, when you and your husband decided to go with a ring for your gift?
I would think that one is the ring you want most.

TIFFANY!!! :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results