shape
carat
color
clarity

Results of shopping excursion!!! (pics inside!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
HOLY COW, WE BOUGHT THE RING TODAY!!!!! I am in a state of TOTAL shock right now! I''m so freakin excited I''m not sure I''ll make much sense, but I''ll try to tell you the story! (skip ahead to pics if you don''t wanna hear me ramble...sorry in advance!)

As some of you know, K and I have been ring shopping for about two weeks. We were using a jeweler in Naples, FL where K''s family lives. We had a 1.00 carat, F color, cushion cut on hold but I wasn''t very satisfied with the size so we continued to search and found another cushion at a jeweler in our home town. I was almost 100% sure I would end up with this stone but I had a few issues with it...it was a 1.18 (so not that much bigger than the other one) and a J in color - a big step down in color but not that big of a jump in size.

Well, this weekend we headed back to Naples to revisit the 1.00 carat we had on hold. I mentioned to the jeweler that lately, I''d been dreaming about asschers. I actually had a thread about this! If you''re interested:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/have-you-thought-about-cheating.108609/

So he pulled out a 1.29, E COLOR, sparkly asscher that absolutely floored me. Problem was...it was totally out of budget.

Fast forward to Saturday night, I could not sleep! Dreaming about cushions, but especially the asscher. Ahhh...my head was a mess!

So today, Sunday, I asked K''s mom and sis (major diamond lovers
30.gif
) to revisit the jeweler with me. Well turns out, mom, dad, sis AND K came along. This time we worked with the owner
31.gif
who pulled out the baby cushion and the asscher. K''s family was immediately FLOORED by the asscher! I think the owner saw that the asscher was really speaking to me bc he said, "let me see what I can work out" A few minutes later, he comes back with a price UNDER our budget!!! UNFREAKINGBELIEVABLE!!! A bigger, better quality diamond for LESS than the other cushions!

After much deliberation, K and I BOTH knew this was the ring for me!!!

If you made it to the end of this story, you are totally awesome!

And without further ado...the pics! (I''m including the pics of me deciding what the heck to do since this was such a big part of it!)

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
K''s dad taking a picture of it, with K''s sis taking a pic of us...lol!

ringshopping.jpg

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Looking back at my honey, asking what he thinks...

ringshopping1.jpg

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
K saying, YES! This is the ring for us!

ringshopping2.jpg

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Me biting my nails (which I NEVER do!) because I was so nervous to say YES

ringshopping3.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooooo how exciting!!!! Congrats on finding the ring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Decisions, decisions!

ringshopping4.jpg

somegirl932

Shiny_Rock
Yaaaaay! Awesome! (though you''re going to have to change your username now...
9.gif
)

...Also, can we please have more pictures of the stone???
2.gif

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Here she is!! Easy decision!

asschercs01.jpg

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/15/2009 11:16:42 PM
Author: somegirl932
Yaaaaay! Awesome! (though you''re going to have to change your username now...
9.gif
)

...Also, can we please have more pictures of the stone???
2.gif

Sorry, my computer is being so slow! More are on the way!

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry, pics aren''t that great...

asschercs02.jpg

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
I''ll get better pics when we get engaged. Sister-in-law was taking them while I was freaking out...lol

asschercs03.jpg

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
The stone is loose so it looks a little off...

asschercs04.jpg

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Last one! Whew...you made it to the end! I''m actually having them change the head. I''m obsessed with double prongs, so those will be added. Now I just need to wait for the proposal!

asschercs05.jpg

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgggeeeouuuss. Im so happy for you! You''re so cute in your pictures I wouldve been biting my nails the same exact way if it were up to me to make the decision, hehe.

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/15/2009 11:09:40 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Oooooo how exciting!!!! Congrats on finding the ring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, Freke!!! I''m stoked! I''ll be even happier when that baby is PERMANENTLY on my finger.
31.gif

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/15/2009 11:25:57 PM
Author: SailorsSweet<3
Gorgggeeeouuuss. Im so happy for you! You''re so cute in your pictures I wouldve been biting my nails the same exact way if it were up to me to make the decision, hehe.

Yeah, I still can''t believe it happened! I feel like 2.5 years of waiting boiled down to an hour of decision making! It was surreal! I litteraly thought I was going to be sick...K''s sister said I turned green! Not the most attractive reaction...lol!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
I think I''m almost as excited as you are looking at these photos
1.gif
! You and your soon-to-be-fiance are so adorable, and the ring is just gorgeous.

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/15/2009 11:46:08 PM
Author: kittybean
1.gif
! You and your soon-to-be-fiance are so adorable, and the ring is just gorgeous.

Thank you so much for the nice compliments, kittybean! The ring was a total shock for me since I didn''t think we''d be making a decision today, plus I didn''t know I''d end up with an asscher. I''m still a little shell-shocked to be honest!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful selection! The pics of you thinking about your decision are so cute!

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Woo Hoo Wicked wicked story
36.gif
now thats a pricescope thread with a happy ending
9.gif
congrats idreamofcushions, that stone is gorgeous, the ring is gorgeous, and im very happy for you and your soon to be FI
30.gif
31.gif
30.gif

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, C-Tek! I considered posting ring pics only, but the decision-making process was too fun not to share!

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, Blackpaw!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
You are a gorgeous couple!!! He's a cutie!! Very pretty ring. You look so excited!! Keep that expression for the next 50 years and you'll be the happiest couple!!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/15/2009 11:49:16 PM
Author: idreamofcushions
Date: 3/15/2009 11:46:08 PM

Author: kittybean

1.gif

Thank you so much for the nice compliments, kittybean! The ring was a total shock for me since I didn''t think we''d be making a decision today, plus I didn''t know I''d end up with an asscher. I''m still a little shell-shocked to be honest!
Being quite partial to step cuts myself, I think you made a wonderful choice! It looks like such a pretty stone. I am excited to see more pictures once you''re engaged! Do you know when he is planning to propose?

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
those pictures of you in the shop are so cute, and that stone is stunning!

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
You look so cute in your pictures, the ring is stunning!

LilyOfTheValley

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! Thanks for sharing your story with us!
36.gif

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
gorgeous

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results