shape
carat
color
clarity

Results of shopping excursion!!! (pics inside!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Well I love the ring (of course) it looks beautiful on your hand, but I especially love the pictures of you thinking about it. What a wonderful experience to be be able to have pictures of this special time!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
how beautiful! i love the cut!
congrats!

1.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous stone! I love how excited the whole family are too-that''s so cool!

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/16/2009 12:32:54 AM
Author: kittybean
Date: 3/15/2009 11:49:16 PM

Author: idreamofcushions

Date: 3/15/2009 11:46:08 PM

Author: kittybean

I think I'm almost as excited as you are looking at these photos
1.gif
! You and your soon-to-be-fiance are so adorable, and the ring is just gorgeous.

Thank you so much for the nice compliments, kittybean! The ring was a total shock for me since I didn't think we'd be making a decision today, plus I didn't know I'd end up with an asscher. I'm still a little shell-shocked to be honest!

Being quite partial to step cuts myself, I think you made a wonderful choice! It looks like such a pretty stone. I am excited to see more pictures once you're engaged! Do you know when he is planning to propose?

I have no clue when he'll do it! I asked the jeweler how long it's going to take to make the ring, he looks at K and says "oh boy, years and years..." UGH! K's going to love messing with me! But I doubt he'll wait long
27.gif

Oh I should mention that he's talking about going back to Naples in one month (to pick up the ring I'm sure). So I'm guessing it'll be at least a month, maybe end of April?

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
It''s gorgeous!

Love the pictures!!! Congratulations!

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
In reference to your other thread IDOC, this is a full blown affair!!!!
3.gif
11.gif

The asscher is stunning and your recap of the day is adorable...I can''t wait to see the finished product on your finger!
36.gif

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
The ring is gorgeous!

It is so cute that you involved the whole family. Congrats and good luck waiting to actually get it on your finger!

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
What an exciting story!!! And the ring is absolutely gorgeous!! It was made to be on your hand!!
30.gif
36.gif

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, swingirl! You make me blush!

Thanks, ckrickett, Dannielle, Lilyofthevalley, trillionaire, julien, allycat0303, you girls are so sweet!

Bee, I was so happy his family was there to share the moment! I absolutely love them! His sister and I were jumping up and down screaming "we''re gonna be sisters!" haha...total nerds
4.gif

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/16/2009 8:33:20 AM
Author: sammyj
In reference to your other thread IDOC, this is a full blown affair!!!!
3.gif
11.gif

The asscher is stunning and your recap of the day is adorable...I can''t wait to see the finished product on your finger!
36.gif

haha! Forget "cheating" on a cushion, I totally left it in the dust! Maybe someday we''ll reconcile
9.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooooh!!! How exciting!

Ring is gorgeous!
30.gif

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Love the photos, they must be a nice family, to be so excited for you!

lovindiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Congrats!! Beautiful ring!!!

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
yay!! That is so exciting! Congrats on finding AND buying the perfect ring! Loved the story and photos. :)

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, your ring is truly stunning.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
SQUEE!!!! Exciting!!! I felt like I was *there* from the pix. What a great idea ... I think it might be a first in PS history! Pix of THE BIG DAY (picking the ring!)
3.gif
11.gif
31.gif
. I kid I kid. I wish my DH had been with me when I first saw "the ring" -- but almost four years later I still love it as much as the day I laid eyes on it. MORE actually! SO CONGRATS ON BEING AN ASSCHER GAL!

p.s. -- After seeing some not so spectacular Asschers early in my hunt I was leaning towards a cushion for a while too but was hoodwinked by a twinkly step cut in the end.
2.gif

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Can I just say how much I love that you have photos of this?? How great is that! You look so excited and giddy--it literally makes me smile!!

I''m so excited for you, the ring is absolutely beautiful!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
YAY! CONGRATS@
emotion-19.gif

NakedFinger

Brilliant_Rock
IDOC-

THOSE PICS ARE ADORABLE!!! Can I say I LOVE that you have photos of this.
30.gif
What an amazing memory to capture! I wish SO and I thought of that!

CONGRATS!

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, girls! The photo session was totally unplanned. K''s family just happens to love diamond shopping (in fact, they are the ones who took me ring shopping for the first time years ago!) so it only seemed natural that they were there. They also happen to be photo happy, so that worked out. We have little video clips of me freaking out, too. Those are a little more embarrassing...heehee.

But I think this is a great idea...capturing the moment you pick your ring! Maybe I started a new PS trend? Let''s hope!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
I love these pictures! I love the one of you contemplating your decision LOL. Adorable!

Congrats on picking a ring! Now we just have to wait for him to pop the question.
31.gif

Between your man and Gwen's man, this group is on their toes in anticipation!!!
36.gif

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/16/2009 12:18:43 PM
Author: Bia
I love these pictures! I love the one of you contemplating your decision LOL. Adorable!

Congrats on picking a ring! Now we just have to wait for him to pop the question.
31.gif

Between your man and Gwen''s man, this group is on their toes in anticipation!!!
36.gif

ooo, yes! cannot wait to read gwen''s proposal story!!! how exciting!

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
YAY! I love your pics, and I love that the fam came with and took the pics! Your ring is gorgeous :)

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
thank you, misskitty! I was unsure of going with the asscher vs the cushion, but after staring at it for more than 5 minutes, there was no turning back!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Wow!!!!! Lovely!!!! I love the pics of you deciding!
36.gif
Congrats!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I love your story and all the pictures, how super super exciting! Your ring is gorgeous. It looks so great on your hand and with double prongs it will be a total stunner! Can''t wait for your proposal!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Ok, I can''t figure out which part of this is my favourite--I LOVE that his family went with you to shop for the ring and was as excited as you two were, I LOVE that they took tons of photos to chronicle the progression of the sale, and I LOVE that you ended up with the diamond that stole your heart but thought was out of reach!! What an absolutely wonderful day!! I totally would''ve freaked out and turned green too!!
9.gif
CONGRATS!!!!!
36.gif

....how long do you think he''ll wait to pop the question? You and I can race!
31.gif
9.gif
36.gif

somegirl932

Shiny_Rock
this is such an awesome story, and gosh that''s a gorgeous stone... you''re making me rethink my choice...

hope you''ll be getting to wear it all the time soon!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
This is so freaking awesome!!! What an unbelievable day! I love all the photos, thanks so much for sharing. I got so excited looking at them as if we are all right there with you!!! The ring is STUNNING!!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
Congrats on the purchase and an extra YAY for getting it below your budget!!!
31.gif

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Gwen, you are such a sweetie!

As for the race...it''s on girlfriend!!! Though my bet''s on you! At least he has the ring! Mine will be in the making for a little while. I''m thinking end of April
39.gif

Trust me, Dreamgrl, I was channeling all of you LIW''s! I kept telling K''s sis to get close-ups of the ring so I could post them later! You girls were on my mind!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results