shape
carat
color
clarity

Resetting Blue Nile Diamond in Brian Gavin Diamonds Setting - ADVICE

zbajwa00

Rough_Rock
Hello - I am planning upgrading my diamond with Blue Nile from 0.9 to 1.4 carats. However I'm in love the the Brian Gavin Diamonds Classic Style Knife Edge setting.

I'm a bit nervous to mail out my diamond to BGD, my husband is worried the diamond may be switched out, I doubt that's the case but I was wondering if anyone here has some experience with them setting your diamond. And if anyone has any photos of the Brian Gavin Diamonds Classic Style Knife Edge setting.

Thanks in advance.

Gemstonesrock

Shiny_Rock
Brian Gavin Diamonds is a jeweler with a stellar reputation so I would have zero concern with your diamond getting swapped out.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Brian would not risk his incredible reputation to switch out a diamond.

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
I think you're very safe but if you bought the stone from Blue Nile, I'm sure it would have laser inscription that you can check against anyway.

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
it's good to be cautious.

however, brian gavin is reputable and highly regarded. unless you select a bezeled setting, the gia inscription on the girdle will provide clear confirmation.

zbajwa00

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone! My diamond has the inscription on the girdle so I should be good!

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
That setting is a beauty! I would be curious to see some photos of it as well!

scouty

Brilliant_Rock
Wow the knife edge setting by BGD is Devine! My DH would be paranoid too haha but you’re in great hands with BGD, nothing to worry about! The pics make me want to swap out my ER for this setting

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry, I had to giggle a little. I would be honored if BG wanted to switch his super-deal cut diamond for BN. His diamonds supersede BN any time at any place.

zbajwa00

Rough_Rock
Sorry, I had to giggle a little. I would be honored if BG wanted to switch his super-deal cut diamond for BN. His diamonds supersede BN any time at any place.

Lol! You know if wish I knew about PS before I bought my diamond 5 years ago, so unfortunately I'm stuck but BGD has amazing settings!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

That would be awesome! Maybe I could send my diamond to BG. I’d be fine with a swap! :lol:

agree with all the posters. BGD is totally reputable. You’re safe.

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I sent a ring to BGD to reset in one of their settings. No issue ever.

zbajwa00

Rough_Rock
I sent a ring to BGD to reset in one of their settings. No issue ever.

Thanks for the information. I can't wait to have my diamond reset. How long did the process take? Any photos of your ring? I'm so excited about BGD, wish I would have known about them 5 years ago.

zbajwa00

Rough_Rock
That would be awesome! Maybe I could send my diamond to BG. I’d be fine with a swap! :lol:

agree with all the posters. BGD is totally reputable. You’re safe.

:) I'm stuck with a BN diamond for now...

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the information. I can't wait to have my diamond reset. How long did the process take? Any photos of your ring? I'm so excited about BGD, wish I would have known about them 5 years ago.

I want to say I sent it in right at the beginning of December? Leslie assured me I'd get it by Christmas. I got it back Christmas Eve that year. Link to the reset below.

zbajwa00

Rough_Rock
I want to say I sent it in right at the beginning of December? Leslie assured me I'd get it by Christmas. I got it back Christmas Eve that year. Link to the reset below.

Its beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

Double E

Brilliant_Rock
With experience with the knife edge and custom setting from BGD, I believe you are in good hands. They have good craftsmanship.
Also, congratulations to your upgrade^^

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results