shape
carat
color
clarity

Reset options. Help please. :)

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh, that’s beautiful!! I love the angles!

How will the shank look where it joins that halo? Or have you not gotten to that part of the design yet?

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh, that’s beautiful!! I love the angles!

How will the shank look where it joins that halo? Or have you not gotten to that part of the design yet?
Thank you! The shank will be the same as the Tamara with the three graduated stones. But I am pretty sure it will have no donut like the video of the Dahlia and it will have pave on the struts. At least this is what was discussed.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg that’s gorgeous. Until the VC-special, I was voting for carbonfan’s setting but without the airline. This unique shape though is glorious. Please consider it!

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Loving the victor original idea! I think it will be beautiful and so nice he is going to work with your stone. Can’t wait to have a fat stone to have set by him. In the meantime it will just be his bands which are also amazing!

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Btw. Who did your middle engraved band in your current stack?

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Btw. Who did your middle engraved band in your current stack?
Thank you Hathalove. You have an amazing collection. My engraved band was done by the high bench at Schubach Jewelers in AZ. It is exceptional engraving and I would recommend them.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh it is awesome to have options! I’d want the octagon slightly adjusted, I think. Like the sides with the French cuts longer going beyond the frenchies.
@diamondseeker2006 I have to say thanks to you because through all of my resetting blah blah threads you have been so very helpful with critiques and making me look at every little thing. Sometimes it is hard truth but you always mean it to be helpful.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He said he likes this better than the regular Tamara for my stone. I do really like it and it is unique.

Yes!!! I think it will compliment your stone SO much more! Obviously I am not a designer (hahaha!), but I could see that the Tamara wasn't exactly right for a slightly elongated stone. But Victor has that eye and could see adjustments that could be made to uniquely fit your diamond!

Thank you so much for understanding that I never mean to be critical but I need to be honest as someone is about to spend a few thousand dollars on a setting! Most of us want the setting to be a forever one, so I always think it's best to tweak a design until it is just right! Plus, it is nice to have a the first of a new design regardless of whether someone else makes it later!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes!!! I think it will compliment your stone SO much more! Obviously I am not a designer (hahaha!), but I could see that the Tamara wasn't exactly right for a slightly elongated stone. But Victor has that eye and could see adjustments that could be made to uniquely fit your diamond!

Thank you so much for understanding that I never mean to be critical but I need to be honest as someone is about to spend a few thousand dollars on a setting! Most of us want the setting to be a forever one, so I always think it's best to tweak a design until it is just right! Plus, it is nice to have a the first of a new design regardless of whether someone else makes it later!
Yes right back at you! I am always fond of settings that give an illusion of elongating the finger and the points at NS give that a little bit. I gasped when I opened the pdf because I immediately loved it. I think that means I have to have it because it caused such a reaction, which isn't really normal for me.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree! When I am in doubt, that means I have not come to the right thing yet. But when you see it and know it's the one, then it's easy!:appl:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This has to be the final answer for me and what's funny is I am totally at ease with this decision on this setting. Even with just a stick drawing. :lol: That is not like me at all, control freak that I am. Es muss sein. It must be.

Actually I am freaking excited to do it already.

Last edited:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh geez. I love this one. I usually don’t like north and south angles (for me) but because these angles and huge, very obtuse if you know what I mean so it is really soft and not distracting. And you want a more elongated silhouette so that meets that need. And it’s completely and only yours. Go for it. I have learned to trust Victor.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh geez. I love this one. I usually don’t like north and south angles (for me) but because these angles and huge, very obtuse if you know what I mean so it is really soft and not distracting. And you want a more elongated silhouette so that meets that need. And it’s completely and only yours. Go for it. I have learned to trust Victor.
Thank you @LLJsmom this is helpful because I love your setting too.

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I hate to be the party pooper, but I am not convinced about this design. I dont like the french cuts sitting like that, they look kind of like "ears" or a split bow to me. But it is your ring and you should go with your gut feeling!! Best of luck! :wavey:

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh, how exciting, @redwood66! When Victor creates a custom design explicitly for your stone that is truly something special. Victor truly has a gift and his artistic vision is incredible, so I am certain that anything he creates for your stone will be spectacular! :love: Your initial reaction to the sketch was definitely a positive sign as well! I trust Victor completely when it comes to design, proportions, and artistic beauty. You can't go wrong! I will be excited to watch this project progress, and I know it will be absolutely gorgeous!!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh, how exciting, @redwood66! When Victor creates a custom design explicitly for your stone that is truly something special. Victor truly has a gift and his artistic vision is incredible, so I am certain that anything he creates for your stone will be spectacular! :love: Your initial reaction to the sketch was definitely a positive sign as well! I trust Victor completely when it comes to design, proportions, and artistic beauty. You can't go wrong! I will be excited to watch this project progress, and I know it will be absolutely gorgeous!!
Thank you! I love your new setting but I hesitate at the airline because I am nervous it will be too big on me. I love it for you and it looks so good on your hand. We all have different tastes and what we are comfortable with. I was impressed by the customer service which is big in my book. I don't have the personality to deal with attitude when I am trying to give someone my money. I have read so many comments that people who have worked with him trust him to make it beautiful. This was helpful to work through options here on PS. Reading your thread and feeling your excitement was so fun and while I have liked the THREE settings this stone has been in, I have never had that much emotion about them. Nicholas did say that Victor would love to make my final setting. I thought that was sweet even realizing they are in business to sell me a product. I definitely appreciate all the stress and anxiety others go through choosing stones and settings.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hate to be the party pooper, but I am not convinced about this design. I dont like the french cuts sitting like that, they look kind of like "ears" or a split bow to me. But it is your ring and you should go with your gut feeling!! Best of luck! :wavey:
Its ok. Not all settings are for everyone. Thank you for your input. :wavey:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Red, I LOVE IT, I LOVE IT, I LOVE IT, it will awesome and you can wear it in Ireland! Gosh your stone is always gorgeous.. lucky you girlie!!!

:love:

He said he likes this better than the regular Tamara for my stone. I do really like it and it is unique.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Red, I LOVE IT, I LOVE IT, I LOVE IT, it will awesome and you can wear it in Ireland! Gosh your stone is always gorgeous.. lucky you girlie!!!

:love:
Thank you so much T. I will have to think about traveling with it, it kinda scares me.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its gone. My ring is in the mail overnight to VC. Talk about a fast decision and I am so excited. DS and Bonfire are right about when you know. Just got off the phone with Victor and he is the nicest person who takes time to discuss everything with you.

Now I wait. He says about a month.

Thank you to everyone for your kind and constructive comments because it has been such a help. This is like a whirlwind for me and I have never made any decision this fast with regard to jewelry. EEPS I am getting a custom VC made for me!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It's going to be stupendous! It IS perfect for your stone! The month will fly by and you'll be posting glamour shots and hand shots before you know it! How exciting!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woopee! I’m so excited for you! I know you are going to be blown away by this ring! :appl:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s going to be amazing...can’t wait to see it!

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow red. That's so exciting!! Sorta jealous but in a good way. Can't wait to see it come together !!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oooh I can't wait.. you will love it.. A VC! lucky you.. :)

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oooh I can't wait.. you will love it.. A VC! lucky you.. :)
Thank you. I think the hardest part will be that I will have no involvement in the process. I am used to CADs and that is not going to happen. I will have to rely on the many PS customers who have stated they trust him implicitly.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@redwood66 -

I've been checking in on this thread regularly. Victor's aesthetic is very good and your ring will be amazing!

Looking forward a great deal to seeing your new jewel when it's complete!

tuckie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I LOVE what VC has drawn for you.
For fun, I did a 2 minute mock up of your stone in the original Tamara just elongating. Obviously this isn't exactly what he's drawn but might give you an idea. I also didn't white balance anything - so color might also be crazy off! What a fab ring
Tamara elongaged.png

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am giddy with excitement about your reset, @redwood66!! You truly could not have made a better choice, and I know that Victor will create an incredible setting specifically for your stone. A custom VC piece is very special and you are going to absolutely love it! :loopy: I understand what you mean about the suspense, as I for one (and others obviously as well!) cannot wait to see all of this unfold! It is going to be so beautiful. :love::love: Please be sure to come back with updates and photos!!

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results