shape
carat
color
clarity

Reset options. Help please. :)

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I needed a new thread because after all the back and forth about types of three stones it is not going to work with my stone at all and me end up being happy. I just want one glorious setting that I will never want to change. Victor's work is amazing and I would love to have one. Problem is there are no pics of either of these with elongated stones. Thoughts on how they would look? Victor has said that my stone needs single cut melee that is close in color to be period accurate.

Thank you all so much for your help. My favorite of the two is the Tamara because of the french cuts and I already have an FC band.

I am looking at these two halo options since seeing @diamondseeker2006's new CVB and @carbonfan's new gorgeous VC.

Dahlia
https://www.victorcanera.com/rings/engagement/the-dahlia-vintage-halo-solitaire
vcdahlia1-jpg.607263
vcdahlia2-jpg.607264

This video has crazy sparkle.

And this Tamara which Victor has said he could elongate the octagonal shape for my ACC. I love this ring but cannot picture it with an elongated cushion. Can I trust Victor to make it work and look right? This is so hard for me when I cannot see it in a picture. Are there any elongated octagon halos to see out there? I love the french cuts.

https://www.victorcanera.com/rings/tamara-art-deco-octagonal-halo

tamaraVC2.JPG
tamaraVC1.JPG

My GIA L 2.20ct. stone in its current setting.

acc6.jpg
acc2.jpg

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If anyone has other options or suggestions please by all means post them! :wavey:

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the Tamara and think it would translate beautifully with your ACC. Yes, I believe Victor’s opinion uneqivocally. I know it can be hard to visualize, but in my mind’s eye I think this setting will look even better with your shape stone than with a round. Wow! I remember you had a halo before. :love:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the Tamara and think it would translate beautifully with your ACC. Yes, I believe Victor’s opinion uneqivocally. I know it can be hard to visualize, but in my mind’s eye I think this setting will look even better with your shape stone than with a round. Wow! I remember you had a halo before. :love:
Thank you! I did have a halo but the Tamara is more Art Deco and not flowery so it would not be the same. I long for one hand forged piece that is out of this world gorgeous. Nicholas has been very patient with emailing back and forth. I asked him please not to fire me.

And I still get to go to Ireland. :mrgreen2:

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! I did have a halo but the Tamara is more Art Deco and not flowery so it would not be the same. I long for one hand forged piece that is out of this world gorgeous. Nicholas has been very patient with emailing back and forth. I asked him please not to fire me.

And I still get to go to Ireland. :mrgreen2:

Yay! Sounds like a win-win to me! :appl:
That would be an out of this world piece no doubt!

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Tamara is gorgeous and I love those frenchies on the side!! If Victor thinks it would work beautifully with your cushion....then it will work beautifully with your cushion :mrgreen2:. I would totally defer to his eye. I think it will look amazing and maybe he'll have to tweak it slightly but again, with his hand it will be stunning. I do know it's scary to trust and not have a good idea of the outcome though, so you have to do what's comfortable for you. He can probably draw it up for you first though.

You get your ring AND you get to go to Ireland with your boys....woo hoo!!!!! :dance:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are both gorgeous, but I think the Tamara would be my choice as well. I don’t know if this helps, but here is another setting he does using an elongated stone and frenchies on the sides:
40C0117A-848D-4F4A-9363-55E64E7A50B3.jpeg
This is one of my faves but he won't do this kind of airline halo (and some others) using customer supplied center stones. :(

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would he do that setting without the airline? I think that setting is the best for your stone, but I would do it without the airline.

Otherwise, I'd go with the Dahlia for a cushion.

I adore the octagonal Tamara, but my choice for that would be round or asscher or square antique cushion to keep the octagon shape.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would he do that setting without the airline? I think that setting is the best for your stone, but I would do it without the airline.

Otherwise, I'd go with the Dahlia for a cushion.

I adore the octagonal Tamara, but my choice for that would be round or asscher or square antique cushion to keep the octagon shape.
Well I looked at the ones that have this type of bezel like @carbonfan's without a halo and he won't do those either with my stone. I like the Dahlia but I want the frenchies and he said he doesn't think they would look right on the Dahlia because it is a rounded halo.

For the Tamara I have asked if the three lengths on the top and bottom will be equal and it will just have longer sides at the shank, or more like a radiant with shorter corner lengths but have not heard back. Victor did say that the elongated octagon would look fine because of the french traps.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My concern about the octagon is so many different shapes...octagon with round diamonds, french cut traps, and then a flowery cushion in the center. That's a lot of different shapes going on in the same ring. Now it would be beautiful, no doubt, but I am just not sure it's the best possible setting for your stone. But I wouldn't settle for the other one, either, if you want the french cuts. Maybe a whole new design??? I'll look and see if I have any ideas saved.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What about cushion halo with the larger french cuts only on the sides???

Although, here's a cushion in an octagon with baguette sides...so maybe your Tamara would be fine..

antiquecushionhalo1.jpg

I like this also for a cushion, but obviously it doesn't have the french cuts...

antiquecushhalo.jpg

Last edited:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
See above, I added pics to my last post.

I love Bron's EC in that kind of setting. Not 100% sure about the shape of the drawing. How do you feel about it?

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I may have just gotten an email that says they could do carbonfan's without an airline. I am waiting to hear back if I read that correctly.

They sure are superfast at responding!

Edit - Yes they will do carbonfan's for my stone with no airline. Now I don't know what to do.

Last edited:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
See above, I added pics to my last post.

I love Bron's EC in that kind of setting. Not 100% sure about the shape of the drawing. How do you feel about it?
I saw the pics and I love bron's ring. I also love the octagon one you posted and the drawing from VC. I love carbonfan's ring but I also love the angular lines of the Tamara rather than rounded corners.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh it is awesome to have options! I’d want the octagon slightly adjusted, I think. Like the sides with the French cuts longer going beyond the frenchies.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I still like the Tamara for your stone Red. I love the angular lines and french cuts at the sides. To me it just looks right. How do you feel about an airline?
Edit: To clarify, I mean an airline like carbonfan’s ring.

Last edited:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG Victor just drew up a style for MY stone. Back to post it in a minute.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good Lord that's huge.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He sure is fast! I like it!! I love the uniqueness of the shape. Very Art Deco. What do you think?

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I absolutely love it! It has been hard trying to make a setting work for me and what I like that doesn't really fit my stone. I love the angular lines but still a roundy soft shape. Does that make sense?

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes angular roundy soft. It will be beautiful!!

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh cool, he added an angle at the very north and south points. It definitely adds visual interest and is certainly unique!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He said he likes this better than the regular Tamara for my stone. I do really like it and it is unique.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results