shape
carat
color
clarity

Reset my 35 pointer eternity band?

dwj6211

Shiny_Rock
3773058A-C9AE-46CD-828B-83D37ADDAE38.jpeg 05045743-45BE-4D55-A710-7D4B7CCC053C.jpeg 01FC85A8-C19D-4514-81CA-041666A3B945.jpeg D82B6CB8-46EE-47F6-9262-06EEADE128B2.jpeg Hello friends!

I’m a guy who wears an eternity band... yes LOL.

Anyway... I am looking for some opinions/advice. I am contemplating resetting it—currently it’s 18-35 pointers, a little over 6 carats total. Currently it’s in a shared u prong minimal setting. I find it to be slightly uncomfortable all of a sudden.

The four different options I am considering are:
•Airline Setting
•Similar to the Leon Mege “Stolen”
•Similar to the Leon Mege r7389
•Trellis Setting

Anyone have one of these in a similar size to mine they can share?

Your opinions/advice is welcomed!
Thanks

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry no help at all, just stopping by to say how gorgeous that first ring is. I have an 18 x 0. 33 ct eternity in a normal u setting. It's less swoopy than yours and I much prefer that design .

Sorry your ring got uncomfortable suddenly. I hope you find a comfortable yet beautiful solution. Keep wearing those sparklies!!!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you post a picture of what you have so we can maybe see what it is that is bothering you? Might help us to be able to make suggestions.

Edit...post the picture from your avatar (if that's the ring). It already looks to be set very low.

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry no help at all, just stopping by to say how gorgeous that first ring is. I have an 18 x 0. 33 ct eternity in a normal u setting. It's less swoopy than yours and I much prefer that design .

Sorry your ring got uncomfortable suddenly. I hope you find a comfortable yet beautiful solution. Keep wearing those sparklies!!!!
+1 I LOVE to see men wearing diamonds! Good luck on your re-set. :appl:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
In theory, the diamonds could be set so low that the little sharp culets dig into the skin ( a different kind of discomfort!) - which might turn serious if the ring gets pressed hard against the finger (perhaps accidentally).

Each jeweler is likely to give you at least somewhat different options with this.

Last edited:

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you also describe the discomfort? What part of which fingers? Have you recently gain or lost weight? Any fluid retention or new finger puffiness? Does the ring feel scratchy or squeezy?

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This may not suit, but I remembered this ring and wondered if it might work. My mom has a band like this in her rotating stable of ring and finds it quite comfy.

You could use your existing stones in the middle channel and add stones for the side bead-set stones. You can also have this made as three rings you stack.

Etienne Perret

Green-Diamond-Triple-Row%20cc.JPG

6130777e97f40eed46d2c2a658664fca--eco-friendly-jewlery.jpg

dwj6211

Shiny_Rock
Sorry for the late reply! Has been a crazy week at work. Here is my ring.

To further answer some questions that had been posted.

Yes, I have gained a few pounds lol. Nothing huge though.

I wear it on my left ring finger.

I’d describe the discomfort as a little squeezy, but moreso, that I just can feel it when it’s on. When I first started to wear it, I became used to it and would forget that I had it on. Now, I feel like I’m always aware of it on my finger. It could be because I used to wear it every day, and now it’s more sporadic....

It is set very low with minimal metal, as that was my desire when I was having it made.

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its gorgeous!

So, as people age, change work with their hands, or gain/lose weight -- it impacts the finger shape. I can see the ring it too tight in this screen-shot. But, my guess is that you have also had a finger shape change. The base of your fingers are wider than the knuckle (red circles). Even when I'm quite svelte, my fingers are like this and make rings that are tall off my fingers uncomfortable. The ring I posted above with the stone channel set or bead set may help, but it may also just be that you are no longer comfy with such a tall setting.

upload_2019-1-13_9-0-1.png

dwj6211

Shiny_Rock
Its gorgeous!

So, as people age, change work with their hands, or gain/lose weight -- it impacts the finger shape. I can see the ring it too tight in this screen-shot. But, my guess is that you have also had a finger shape change. The base of your fingers are wider than the knuckle (red circles). Even when I'm quite svelte, my fingers are like this and make rings that are tall off my fingers uncomfortable. The ring I posted above with the stone channel set or bead set may help, but it may also just be that you are no longer comfy with such a tall setting.

upload_2019-1-13_9-0-1.png
Thanks for the advice! I’m not terribly fond of the channel set look.

Do you think a setting more similar to the Leon Mege Stolen Band:

Or a trellis or an airline setting would be any more comfy?
Stunning!!! I'd happily take it into foster care for you:lol:

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Any of the settings may be more comfy or not...it will be the execution of the setting that matters. Though, generally, trellis settings are not particularly low or there is no room for the trellis detail. I would reach out to the maker you like (I'd go with Victor Canera for hand-forged or David Klass for cast) and ask them if they have a prong setting that would set them lower than you present setting. A U-shaped setting can be pretty low. You might also look at shared-prong setting (less prongs to be scratchy). I also like the U-prong (sans pave).

Once you mail your setting to your selected maker, they can tell you if the stones can be lowered enough to feel the difference. You might also consider a "black" spot to allow future sizing changes (see WF below).

Shared Prong
upload_2019-1-13_9-42-14.png

https://www.victorcanera.com/rings/bands/round-shared-prong-eternity-band

U-Prong Example

246234-8e1c54745ab8741c9193ad4e03bc1421.jpg

TBT_Yssie1_15PtEternityUprongRing.jpg

Made by WF

Attachments

• Picture1.jpg
    Picture1.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 11
  • upload_2019-1-13_9-48-51.png
    upload_2019-1-13_9-48-51.png
    201.8 KB · Views: 11

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can also ask them to cheat a bit in the setting. They can drill a hole through the solid bottom in a U--prong style to get the stones even a bit lower.

Attachments

• IMG_9098.JPG
    IMG_9098.JPG
    120.9 KB · Views: 14

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What we really needed/wanted to see is the side of your ring (the setting) not the top. Sounds like you just need a bigger setting because this one
has gotten too small. Adding in a new stone may make it too big. You might need something like the last picture that rockysalamander posted
where there is a gap that you can use to help grown/shrink the setting.

The first LM setting you posted (basket) looks like the stones are set a little further a part. That might help you go bigger without having to add
more stones. I think you are going to have to reach out to whomever you want to do the setting and ask them for suggestions.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The height of the stones will determine how low they can be set. It doesn't look like the LM examples are particularly low. But best ask him how high off the finger this ring is. Mine is a U prong and I find it very comfortable. I have had it shaved down on the inside, instead of having it sized. I wanted to be able to wear it on my middle finger and it wasn't worth the cost of remaking to me personally . For many PSers this would NOT be mind clean. But since you're considering a remake anyways, maybe look into the option of taking off metal from the inside if possible. Measure height off your finger before and after. It's going to be looser and not as far off the finger. If it is comfortable to wear again, you'll know what dimensions you need in your new ring.
Seconding @rockysalamander s trick with the holes in the uprong design.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like a uprong to me and looks very very low set already :think:. So I think most settings would add bulk...did you see my comment re. shaving off a bit on the inside? There's not much room, but might be worth a try to see if it can be wearable again. A possible reset can then aim towards those measurements

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
At the beginning of your thread, I think we were unsure as to why it was uncomfortable. A lot of us thought it was the height of the setting that was
bothering you (bothering your fingers on either side of the ring) and that's why you were choosing to go with a different type of setting. Now I think
we understand that its the size of your current setting that is bothering you.

So my fear is that if you go with a different setting in a bigger size that it may bother you with respect to how it feels between your fingers. I think
that no matter who you go with you should pick a setting that is no taller off your finger than the one you have now (unless you dont think it will
bother you...that could be taking a chance).

I have a U-prong and love how low it is set but I also like the trellis and the second LM setting you posted. I think if you work with a true artist
(LM or VC) and let them know your requirements then you should be able to get a low set ring that fits you better.

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm with @tyty333 in that I don't see how your ring can be made lower by any demonstrable amount. A good maker might be able to get it a tiny bit lower, but like tyty said, making it bigger will raise it back up. I think you'll need to consult with a maker and see if they see ideas we can't in the photos.

Would you even consider a band made of a different diamond cut like ECs, french cuts, ovals, or marquise if you want to stay with an eternity style?

upload_2019-1-13_14-7-12.png

dwj6211

Shiny_Rock
I'm with @tyty333 in that I don't see how your ring can be made lower by any demonstrable amount. A good maker might be able to get it a tiny bit lower, but like tyty said, making it bigger will raise it back up. I think you'll need to consult with a maker and see if they see ideas we can't in the photos.

Would you even consider a band made of a different diamond cut like ECs, french cuts, ovals, or marquise if you want to stay with an eternity style?

upload_2019-1-13_14-7-12.png

The only other cut I’d consider is 50 pointer emerald cut lmao.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results