shape
carat
color
clarity

Reset for Emerald Cut by CvB...

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like oxidized silver and black gold. It adds a bit of depth to a stack. Would you mind sharing where you got this?

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it looks great together with the sapphire and blackened gold bands...but I also love it with just the blackened band alone. So beauteous either way!

sue011312

Rough_Rock
WOW! That is one of the most gorgeous rings I’ve ever seen. ❤️ Inspiration for my three stone

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
I think it looks great together with the sapphire and blackened gold bands...but I also love it with just the blackened band alone. So beauteous either way!

❤️Thanks, KD!! But I think I really need another colored stone eternity. The hunt begins...

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
❤Thanks, KD!! But I think I really need another colored stone eternity. The hunt begins...

Ooooh, what kind of CS do you have in mind?? I recently got a Victorian ring with an itty bitty tsavorite garnet (it might be 3mm) and I am totally digging the vibrant but deep green. I could totally see your ring paired with a tsavorite eternity band in blackened gold....or perhaps ruby or rhodolite garnet! YUM.

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooh, what kind of CS do you have in mind?? I recently got a Victorian ring with an itty bitty tsavorite garnet (it might be 3mm) and I am totally digging the vibrant but deep green. I could totally see your ring paired with a tsavorite eternity band in blackened gold....or perhaps ruby or rhodolite garnet! YUM.

It’s really uncanny how you know exactly what I’m thinking, KD! I was checking out a 1.3mm eternity ring yesterday and was mulling over purchasing it but held off because...wait for it...I was thinking about looking for a ruby eternity instead after seeing Bonfire’s rings in the SOTD thread yesterday.
You are scaring me, woman:eek2::lol-2:❤!!

Edited to add: I’d love to see your Victorian tsavorite ring, @KristyDarling! Post pics of her, please!

Last edited:

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s really uncanny how you know exactly what I’m thinking, KD! I was checking out a 1.3mm eternity ring yesterday and was mulling over purchasing it because...wait for it...I was thinking about looking for a ruby eternity instead after seeing Bonfire’s rings in the SOTD thread yesterday.
You are scaring me, woman:eek2::lol-2:❤!!

Sistas!!! :dance:

TIFFANYDIAMONDSLTD

Shiny_Rock
Ca-klunk!!! That was the sound of my JAW dropping straight to the floor!!! Omg that is GORGEOUS!!!!! Soooo happy for you Congratulations

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How did I miss this? @maita13 your new ring is gorgeous. ❤️❤️❤️
Wear in health and blingy joy.

Hounddog

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow! Stunningly beautiful ice berg alert! Congratulations she’s fabulous.

HNGN

Shiny_Rock
i was blinded by the sparkles!!!! Oh my my! SO PRETTY!

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
i was blinded by the sparkles!!!! Oh my my! SO PRETTY!

Thanks, @HNGN!! I was just admiring your latest acquisition. HOLY MOLY- is she a stunner!! I’m excited to see how you set her!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
so so beautiful.. my mom's best friend had an emerald cut diamond, this is way back in the early 1950s, and I would have her take it off and I would stare and wear... lovely woman, still alive today and my mom gone 20 years..there is something enchanting about an emerald cut diamond.... I love it. congratulations on this beautiful set.

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
so so beautiful.. my mom's best friend had an emerald cut diamond, this is way back in the early 1950s, and I would have her take it off and I would stare and wear... lovely woman, still alive today and my mom gone 20 years..there is something enchanting about an emerald cut diamond.... I love it. congratulations on this beautiful set.

Thank you, @Tekate...there is something enchanting about this cut. I’m particularly mesmerized by the “hall of mirrors” effect and get lost in the long, linear facets of these stones.
I’m sorry about your mom...we’ll always have wonderful memories of our loved ones that no one can ever take away from us❤️

Emrldlvr

Rough_Rock
So stunning!!!!what is the ratio of the center diamond?

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
So stunning!!!!what is the ratio of the center diamond?

Hi, @Emrldlvr! I had your thread on RT re your search. My center has a ratio of 1.32, measuring
9.85 x 7.45mm with a depth of 68% and table 63%. I would have gone with a larger spread and lower depth if it meant giving me a bigger spread. DSS is very real; but at that time I wasn't paying all that much attention to details. There are stones with a larger table that are showstoppers. I think there's quite a few here on PS.

Good luck with your search, E! I'm sure you'll find the right one- you have all the help you need in finding THE ONE.

Edit to add: Don't go strictly by the numbers. Some are good on paper but are lackluster IRL. Videos and pics help tremendously in choosing. My sides were chosen this way and they're fiery! They both have a larger table over depth.

Last edited:

Emrldlvr

Rough_Rock
Hi, @Emrldlvr! I had your thread on RT re your search. My center has a ratio of 1.32, measuring
9.85 x 7.45mm with a depth of 68% and table 63%. I would have gone with a larger spread and lower depth if it meant giving me a bigger spread. DSS is very real; but at that time I wasn't paying all that much attention to details. There are stones with a larger table that are showstoppers. I think there's quite a few here on PS.

Good luck with your search, E! I'm sure you'll find the right one- you have all the help you need in finding THE ONE.

Edit to add: Don't go strictly by the numbers. Some are good on paper but are lackluster IRL. Videos and pics help tremendously in choosing. My sides were chosen this way and they're fiery! They both have a larger table over depth.

Thank you for the insight and encouragement! I’m so happy I found this site. People have been tremendously helpful. What does DSS stand for? And your ring is so fiery! I could see in the videos

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
Diamond Shrinkage Syndrome :lol:

I kid you not...I thought my stone was big enough...but now I’ve awoken from my stupor, nothing is ever big enough for me:lol-2:

Seriously though, your eyes will never deceive you. Looking at numerous videos and photos can be very daunting and tedious at times but it’ll help you sort/weed out choices. I ended up with the ones I gravitated to the most, the ones I kept going back to regardless of the depth/table rule. The sides are no less fiery than my center. And they’re only 1.01 ct each but I sometimes feel they make my center smaller:twisted2:. And oh, please only deal with reputable vendors - I cannot emphasize this enough.

Let me see if I can find PSer rings for you...I know there’s a couple of STUNNINg rings that defy the table/depth rules. Stay tuned...

Emrldlvr

Rough_Rock
HA! Yes, I love it! DSS for sure! I can't believe those side stones are 1c! They look so large! And, there are stones I definitely keep going back to, but I think it is because I know they measure bigger:p I have to go through Blue Nile. My husband purchased my ring there 10 years ago, so we are using the upgrade program. Thank you for looking out for me though!

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
HA! Yes, I love it! DSS for sure! I can't believe those side stones are 1c! They look so large! And, there are stones I definitely keep going back to, but I think it is because I know they measure bigger:p I have to go through Blue Nile. My husband purchased my ring there 10 years ago, so we are using the upgrade program. Thank you for looking out for me though!

Awesome!! Glad you can avail of the upgrade policy. Here’s one example of the larger table/shallower depth.

Just remember that these are rare birds but so long as you keep an open mind, you’ll be fine. Good luck and excited for you!! Don’t forget to post your find! And thanks for stopping by...

Emrldlvr

Rough_Rock
Awesome!! Glad you can avail of the upgrade policy. Here’s one example of the larger table/shallower depth.

Just remember that these are rare birds but so long as you keep an open mind, you’ll be fine. Good luck and excited for you!! Don’t forget to post your find! And thanks for stopping by...

Thank you Maita13. This is a beautiful ring. Definitely shows the beauty is in the rock and not the numbers!

Emrldlvr

Rough_Rock
Thank you Maita13. This is a beautiful ring. Definitely shows the beauty is in the rock and not the numbers!

I took the plunge! I finally received the images of the stone I was waiting for and It looks beautiful to me magnified at least! The table is greater than the depth, not by much though, so we shall see!! I will post when I receive! Thank you for your help and your rock inspiration! Makes me want to add those side stones to mine on my next upgrade:p

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
I took the plunge! I finally received the images of the stone I was waiting for and It looks beautiful to me magnified at least! The table is greater than the depth, not by much though, so we shall see!! I will post when I receive! Thank you for your help and your rock inspiration! Makes me want to add those side stones to mine on my next upgrade:p

Can’t wait for your post!! So happy for you!!

Emrldlvr

Rough_Rock
Can’t wait for your post!! So happy for you!!

I’m blown away by this community. Everyone has been so kind thus far! I read your post as before I was just enchanted by the magnificence on your finger. I’m an oncology nurse and a mother of sons so your story hit home. So happy that you have this thing of beauty to marvel at. Wishing you all the best !

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:appl:WOW WOW WOW!!! :appl:
Your ring is absolutely stunning. Enjoy it!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results