shape
carat
color
clarity

Reset for Emerald Cut by CvB...

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you both, @Slick1 and @Lily Pad!!

I know what you mean about the contrast the sapphire ring provides my sorta, sometimes lemony Mei Mei. Here’s my fave photo of them together. It’s a bit blurry but you can see the blue being reflected in the other 2 rings worn.

E97171A0-9CCE-40E3-BBA2-BB05AC510718.jpeg

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dear @maita13 !! :love: I'm so glad you posted a link to the history of your ring because I didn't know the story behind it. (I was a terrible PSer in 2017 and not around much) My heart hurt as I read about your journey through unthinkable loss, not to mention your own illness. I just want to reach out through the internet and wrap you up in the biggest hug ever! Despite your unfathomable loss, I can tell from your posts that you're a selfless, kind soul who is full of grace. No wonder you raised such a fine young man! He sounds like a remarkable human being who touched so many lives. It was heartening to read how he continues to make you proud, and how you have a loving and supportive partner...who encourages you to find enjoyment among other diamond crazies here on PS! (She's a keeper!!!!)

Mei Mei (or, Her Left Kidney?? lol) is perfect. I love what she represents, I love how she sprang from your partner's steadfast support, and most of all, I love that she brings you joy! And I love everything about the ring itself - the proportions, the top-caliber quality of all 3 stones, the gorgeous chameleon-like color....as a fellow L owner, I totally appreciate how Ls can take on whatever colors are around it and can look alternatingly ICY white or ivory like antique lace. And of course, Caysie's workmanship is to die for!

You also have the most divine bands for stacking! Because of you I'm adding a sapphire eternity band to my ever-growing wishlist, haha. Please, MORE PICTURES! As you know, my holy grail ring is a giant EC like yours with EC or trap sides....I honestly can't get enough pictures so feel free to continue adding more videos/pics! :bigsmile:

Lily Pad

Rough_Rock
Premium
Thank you both, @Slick1 and @Lily Pad!!

I know what you mean about the contrast the sapphire ring provides my sorta, sometimes lemony Mei Mei. Here’s my fave photo of them together. It’s a bit blurry but you can see the blue being reflected in the other 2 rings worn.

E97171A0-9CCE-40E3-BBA2-BB05AC510718.jpeg
Nono not lemony at all!! The sapphire ring just adds another level of texture without overwhelming which is so rare to see :love: I hope you wear Mei Mei in good health and happiness for a long long time. Sending you a warm hug from the other side of the world!

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
Dear @maita13 !! :love: I'm so glad you posted a link to the history of your ring because I didn't know the story behind it. (I was a terrible PSer in 2017 and not around much) My heart hurt as I read about your journey through unthinkable loss, not to mention your own illness. I just want to reach out through the internet and wrap you up in the biggest hug ever! Despite your unfathomable loss, I can tell from your posts that you're a selfless, kind soul who is full of grace. No wonder you raised such a fine young man! He sounds like a remarkable human being who touched so many lives. It was heartening to read how he continues to make you proud, and how you have a loving and supportive partner...who encourages you to find enjoyment among other diamond crazies here on PS! (She's a keeper!!!!)

Mei Mei (or, Her Left Kidney?? lol) is perfect. I love what she represents, I love how she sprang from your partner's steadfast support, and most of all, I love that she brings you joy! And I love everything about the ring itself - the proportions, the top-caliber quality of all 3 stones, the gorgeous chameleon-like color....as a fellow L owner, I totally appreciate how Ls can take on whatever colors are around it and can look alternatingly ICY white or ivory like antique lace. And of course, Caysie's workmanship is to die for!

You also have the most divine bands for stacking! Because of you I'm adding a sapphire eternity band to my ever-growing wishlist, haha. Please, MORE PICTURES! As you know, my holy grail ring is a giant EC like yours with EC or trap sides....I honestly can't get enough pictures so feel free to continue adding more videos/pics! :bigsmile:

Dearest @KristyDarling,

I did receive the warm hugs you just sent me through the internet and sending you one right back through the universe! Thank you SO much for the very kind words...like I mentioned before on previous posts, the entire PS community was/is with me as I trek this still challenging journey. PS has continued to entertain, distract and inform me with every posting members have made. I so appreciate every piece of jewelry, disagreements, musings on just about anything and everything here on PS.

I still miss him...EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Moving on is out of the question. That, I find an impossibility but I‘ve learned how to cope. Thanks to my loving partner, family (and therapy!), and my son’s friends, I’ve somehow managed to be present. He is truly a remarkable young man, KD. I can say that without an iota of bias (you know how moms are;)2). Even after 6 years, his friends love and include him in their milestone moments, like having me as first dance at his college best friend’s wedding. I had nothing to do with how amazing my son is. I just got really lucky...I really am.

As for Mei Mei here, you’re right about her chameleon-like qualities. She’s what I call “temperamental” like her owner which my partner would otherwise describe as “bats#%t crazy”:lol::lol-2:...and as @Lily Pad and @Slick1 pointed out, she looks yummy paired with a sapphire. I quite agree. I am thinking of getting a thin emerald French cut eternity, however, just to mix it up. Maybe next year...we’ll see. My partner is still healing from her left kidney harvesting so no more big expense for 2019.

I will post more pics when the sun comes out...it’s just really ugly today. Meanwhile, I hope to see your 7stone reset soon! And more pics of your 3 stone beauty, please!

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
Nono not lemony at all!! The sapphire ring just adds another level of texture without overwhelming which is so rare to see :love: I hope you wear Mei Mei in good health and happiness for a long long time. Sending you a warm hug from the other side of the world!

Oh, Lily Pad...thank you so much! I was fortunate to have come across this vintage sapphire ring. I like delicate rings which Is why I had asked Caysie for a thin shank for Mei Mei. I will wear her in good health, @Lily Pad and sending you warm hugs right back!!❤️

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@maita13 You've brought tears to my eyes...I am so sorry for your tremendous loss. I too have suffered loss and I can feel your pain. Leaving this passage here, as it helps me get through the darker times. ((Hugs))
Yes! The sapphire band gives the stack a little oomph. Enjoy your new gorgeous ring!

Attachments

• 86294733-C4C2-4462-9D04-448A7E48BA2E.jpeg
    86294733-C4C2-4462-9D04-448A7E48BA2E.jpeg
    345.1 KB · Views: 21

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
@maita13 You've brought tears to my eyes...I am so sorry for your tremendous loss. I too have suffered loss and I can feel your pain. Leaving this passage here, as it helps me get through the darker times. ((Hugs))
Yes! The sapphire band gives the stack a little oomph. Enjoy your new gorgeous ring!

Thanks for posting this passage, @Slick1...every word is true and profoundly resonates with me...except that I don’t think I can ever be made whole again...

And I am SO SO sorry for your loss, @Slick1...very tight hugs to you!!
We’ll just keep marching on...Christ, that’s the hardest thing we’d ever have to do but our loved ones would expect nothing less...

Thanks again for the lovely passage and kind words...I will enjoy her for many years to come!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
This ring is spectacular. I'm so glad you have reached a place in your healing where you can take some pleasure in your diamonds again (and other hobbies/passions, too, I hope!). It is so difficult to live without some type of joy.

What size are your sides stones?

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Wow! Wow! Enjoy and wear it in good health!

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Wow Maita13, you have absolutely beautiful taste! I thought the first version of the ring was fantastic, but this is even more gorgeous! I love the new side stones, and I love all the engraving and detail. Thank you for the profile shots - I love to see the profile! So often that is what we are really looking at from our own perspective right? And the bands that you are stacking it with? Just perfection. The whole thing.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful ring! Congratulations!!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! So gorgeous! Just breathtaking maita13. Wear her in the best if health!

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
This ring is spectacular. I'm so glad you have reached a place in your healing where you can take some pleasure in your diamonds again (and other hobbies/passions, too, I hope!). It is so difficult to live without some type of joy.

What size are your sides stones?

Hello, @dreamer_dachsie! I've been waiting for you to post your George in his CvB setting! In fact, your ring was my sister's inspiration for her reset (I posted it on Stack of the Day thread).

Yes, jewelry is one of my passions as is learning which had to be placed on the back burner. I did go back to school and hopefully is my last semester. You're SO right about living without some type of joy. It's merely existing...but what's more important is, I think, finding some kind of purpose which is proving to be difficult as a mother.

In any case, I forgot to post stats of the ring! So glad you asked...the sides are both 1.01 ct each, both J with medium fluorescence. One measures 6.66 x 5.05 while the other is 6.67 x 5.04. I lucked out as each was purchased from 2different vendors. It's as if they were made for each other :D!!

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! Wow! Wow! Enjoy and wear it in good health!

Yes, I will! Thanks so much, @whitewave!!

Wow Maita13, you have absolutely beautiful taste! I thought the first version of the ring was fantastic, but this is even more gorgeous! I love the new side stones, and I love all the engraving and detail. Thank you for the profile shots - I love to see the profile! So often that is what we are really looking at from our own perspective right? And the bands that you are stacking it with? Just perfection. The whole thing.

Aww, thanks, @OdetteOdile:D!! Yes, I love the engraving and details on the shank, shoulders and gallery rail. I wanted it to look as delicate as possible to serve as a counterpoint to the boxiness of rectangular stones, if that makes any sense.

Will post new stackers if and when I should get new ones. Thanks again, Odette!!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I will! Thanks so much, @whitewave!!

Aww, thanks, @OdetteOdile:D!! Yes, I love the engraving and details on the shank, shoulders and gallery rail. I wanted it to look as delicate as possible to serve as a counterpoint to the boxiness of rectangular stones, if that makes any sense.

Will post new stackers if and when I should get new ones. Thanks again, Odette!!

My asscher is by CVB, so I definitely love her work!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dearest @KristyDarling,
I did receive the warm hugs you just sent me through the internet and sending you one right back through the universe! Thank you SO much for the very kind words...like I mentioned before on previous posts, the entire PS community was/is with me as I trek this still challenging journey. PS has continued to entertain, distract and inform me with every posting members have made. I so appreciate every piece of jewelry, disagreements, musings on just about anything and everything here on PS.

I still miss him...EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Moving on is out of the question. That, I find an impossibility but I‘ve learned how to cope. Thanks to my loving partner, family (and therapy!), and my son’s friends, I’ve somehow managed to be present. He is truly a remarkable young man, KD. I can say that without an iota of bias (you know how moms are;)2). Even after 6 years, his friends love and include him in their milestone moments, like having me as first dance at his college best friend’s wedding. I had nothing to do with how amazing my son is. I just got really lucky...I really am.

As for Mei Mei here, you’re right about her chameleon-like qualities. She’s what I call “temperamental” like her owner which my partner would otherwise describe as “bats#%t crazy”:lol::lol-2:...and as @Lily Pad and @Slick1 pointed out, she looks yummy paired with a sapphire. I quite agree. I am thinking of getting a thin emerald French cut eternity, however, just to mix it up. Maybe next year...we’ll see. My partner is still healing from her left kidney harvesting so no more big expense for 2019.

I will post more pics when the sun comes out...it’s just really ugly today. Meanwhile, I hope to see your 7stone reset soon! And more pics of your 3 stone beauty, please!

The image of you having the first dance with your son's best friend at his wedding brings tears to my eyes. What a beautiful tribute and honor! How special that you'll be a part of his friends' lives as they move through their life milestones. They must be wonderful people!

Re: bands....I've got an FC eternity on my list, too! (I'm telling you, you are my ring sister! Everything I've seen of yours and all the choices you make are right in line with my own taste. It's uncanny!)

Yes, it's been endlessly stormy and rainy here, too. Unusual for my part of Cali. Stay dry! And yes ma'am, I will definitely post about my band re-set...probably closer to January or even February when it's likely to be finished. I'm pretty excited about it!

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
The image of you having the first dance with your son's best friend at his wedding brings tears to my eyes. What a beautiful tribute and honor! How special that you'll be a part of his friends' lives as they move through their life milestones. They must be wonderful people!

Re: bands....I've got an FC eternity on my list, too! (I'm telling you, you are my ring sister! Everything I've seen of yours and all the choices you make are right in line with my own taste. It's uncanny!)

Yes, it's been endlessly stormy and rainy here, too. Unusual for my part of Cali. Stay dry! And yes ma'am, I will definitely post about my band re-set...probably closer to January or even February when it's likely to be finished. I'm pretty excited about it!

Ooohh, I'm excited for you already (and for me, too :D)!!! Ditto on having the same aesthetic; you must be my sister from another mother:lol:. Cant wait!!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She is a stunner, and huge... and I like the skinny eternity with it. She’s fabulous and looks amazing. Congratulations!!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wowsers, totally stunning :kiss2:

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
A truly stunning ring! Every single aspect of it is perfection!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry to hear of your struggles and loss - I hope you can find strength in the joy that your son brought to the world, and that he will never be forgotten.

The new ring looks fantastic - I love how the faceting performs in the videos, it doesn't suffer that 'line of black' that so many ECs and bands can show at even only slight tilt angles, so it must be a constant distraction (in a good way) :)

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
She is a stunner, and huge... and I like the skinny eternity with it. She’s fabulous and looks amazing. Congratulations!!

Thanks so much, @LLJsmom☺️❤️!!

Yes, I quite agree with skinny ring pairing but it’s proving to be challenging to find one. I think custom may be the route but it’ll sadly have to wait til 2020.

Wowsers, totally stunning :kiss2:

Thank you, @Austina!! Appreciate your taking the time to check out my
Mei Mei

A truly stunning ring! Every single aspect of it is perfection!

☺️☺️☺️ So happy you think so...thank you, @kathley❤️!

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
I'm sorry to hear of your struggles and loss - I hope you can find strength in the joy that your son brought to the world, and that he will never be forgotten.
Thank you, OS...he helps me everyday. I just know it. And he will never ever be forgotten. His loved ones ar making sure if that❤️❤️. Always.

[QOUTE] The new ring looks fantastic - I love how the faceting performs in the videos, it doesn't suffer that 'line of black' that so many ECs and bands can show at even only slight tilt angles, so it must be a constant distraction (in a good way) :)

Yes, she is a distraction alright. I find myself being honked at or the object of irate expressions on the road more frequently now

In fact, one such incident was at the In & Out drive thru because I was busy taking pics...
E9E8FCC1-ED3D-4C4B-B3E9-07573D764415.jpeg 6AD2B49C-BF7A-47E1-BC85-652C8A8B86B8.jpeg

Q

Queenie60

Very beautiful ring. Caysie does it again!!! Enjoy and congratulations.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! I love it with the sapphire band!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow, that is an incredibly gorgeous ring!I love every single detail...especially the engraving! Caysie just never ceases to amaze me! That is so my style! Between you, Kristy, and dreamer, I am swaying towards a three stone for my diamond. Each of your rings are spectacular while being unique.

I read back through your first post on the other thread and it brought tears to my eyes again. I am glad you have beautiful memories of your son that will always be with you and that you are managing to live with some joy under the most difficult circumstances. I can't believe you were caught in the ED disaster, UGH!!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results