shape
carat
color
clarity

Rescue Mission: Rose Cuts - what should these cost?

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
Here's a few. Seems common to have a split shank with some decorative piece in the middle of the split. Guess it depends if your aesthetic would be simple or more ornate. Even if you just did a simple split shank, I think the shape of them could be more interesting, or some engraving on the shanks. But that's my aesthetic.
20181015_183228.jpg

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Those are gorgeous! I’ll have to inquire what that might add to my overall cost... or... I’m wondering if you think It would cause offense by my sourcing an original Georgian shank with side carving. This is my first time doing any custom work and I don’t want to be inconsiderate of the jeweller’s time. It might save on cost, or might push too hard on that point. I don’t want to be ‘uninvited’ as a client.

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
FFA97D0F-55E3-4CB4-B932-8FEB518ED631.jpeg
This one is pretty.

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
I understand how you feel, but I'm now a veteran of getting work done by DK. (My latest is in production now!) They are super nice, don't mind changes, and want you to be happy. I did a 180 in the middle of my latest project and they didn't blink an eye, or change my quote!
Find an example you really like, they do better if you have a specific example you can show. (Like you just posted).
Here is a couple examples of their engraving and one carved shank so you can see : not much they can't do for you! If you really prefer the carved shank, tell them!
20181015_203053.jpg

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
I love that! Wouldn't that just take this ring to next level? Something you will cherish?!
Get good photos, hopefully more than one view and send then off in an email. :

"I've been looking at Georgian pieces and I really love these carved shanks. Could you change the shanks on my cad to these?"

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results