shape
carat
color
clarity

Republican Discussion -with RULES-

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/2/2008 5:04:55 PM
Author: luckystar112
Okay I finally saw the Olbermann scene. I died laughing...omg. And you could see Ben Affleck about to lose it a couple of times, fighting back laughter. lol!

I finally saw the opening scene with McCain the mock qvc infomercial too. That was hilarious!

Ben was absolutely hilarious as Olbermann. I just looved the last few minutes, I just about died.

Oh and I cracked up when Cindy was showing off the McCain fine gold. That was freaking awesome!

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Haha I forgot about Cindy, but yeah that was funny too. She seemed like a natural.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Two things:

First, Sarah Palin has been cleared in troopergate, totally.
36.gif

Link:
http://www.adn.com/palin/story/577323.html

The state Personnel Board-sanctioned investigation is the second into whether Palin violated state ethics law in firing her public safety commissioner, and it contradicts the earlier findings by a special counsel hired by the state Legislature.

Both investigations found that Palin was within her rights to fire Public Safety Commissioner Walt Monegan.

But the new report says the Legislature''s investigator was wrong to conclude that Palin abused her power by allowing aides and her husband, Todd, to pressure Monegan and others to dismiss her ex-brother-in-law, Trooper Mike Wooten. Palin was accused of firing Monegan after Wooten stayed on the job.
36.gif

Second, I just wanted to say I am so excited to vote tomorrow. DH and I are going to wake up as early as possible and hope that the line isn''t too long. We''re lucky in that we can walk right to the booth, as it''s in our neighborhood.
21.gif

Also, Laura Ingraham brought up some good points tonight. That if the polls are right, and McCain loses, we have to remember that we have not lost. Our voice will still be heard...this won''t be landslide victory a''la Reagan style by any means. Obama has said he has plans to go through the budget line by line and find Bin Laden...let''s hope for both! I''m just ready for this to be over already....aren''t you? So if Obama wins, it will be interesting to see what he''s got. Hopefully he can do something about this clear divide in the country--which I think is destroying us. Either way, I''ll be so glad to get back to "normal", if there is such a thing!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Lucky have fun voting tomorrow! And don''t be too down, it''s not over til it''s over chica.
5.gif
36.gif

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/3/2008 11:13:35 PM
Author: SarahLovesJS
Lucky have fun voting tomorrow! And don''t be too down, it''s not over til it''s over chica.
5.gif
36.gif
Thanks Sarah!!!
36.gif

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
FROM The Onion... LOL, just for laughs :)

Obama Warns He May Cease To Exist Unless America Believes In Him

October 30, 2008 | Issue 44•44

INDIANAPOLIS—Unless citizens throughout America keep him in their thoughts, say his name to themselves over and over, and otherwise believe in him with all their might, Barack Obama may cease to exist, the candidate warned supporters Thursday.

"My fellow Americans, I am currently very strong and very, very real," Sen. Obama told a cheering crowd of 12,000 at the Indiana State Fairgrounds. "Even here in Hoosier country, a traditional Republican stronghold, your faith has kept me from growing faint, becoming transparent, and slowly fading from view."

"But please, don''t stop now," Obama added. "Unless you continue to believe in me, I''ll completely disappear. You have to keep me in your thoughts at all times!"

Deputy campaign manager Steve Hilde- brand, who has been tasked with making sure volunteers are chanting Obama''s name with their hands clasped and their eyes shut tight, said that the candidate has nearly faded out at several points during the long campaign. Early in the primaries, when Hillary Clinton was up in the polls, Obama''s typically solid composition began to waver and his voice became a distant echo. Currently the Democratic nominee is a blurred and vague outline in the state of West Virginia, where he trails McCain by almost 12 points. In Tennessee, Alabama, and Georgia, Obama is already a waning dream to some people, while in Texas, he is nothing more than a gentle wind, rustling through the trees—a ghostly visitor soon departed.

"During these last few days, I call on all Americans to keep thinking happy thoughts," Obama said. "Otherwise our dream of turning this country around will vanish, as I vanish, leaving nothing behind but a wisp of my memory and a few faint strains of my voice, forever whispering, ''Yes, we can…. Yes, we can…. Yes, we can.''"

Return to theonion.com for live, all-day election coverage on November 4th and 5th.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for posting Trill!
9.gif
I do worry about his mental health if he loses, lol.

Anyway everyone..get out and vote today and have a great day! If you have time, go work at your polling station - they NEED your help. Win or lose we did our best and it''ll work out.
1.gif
36.gif
35.gif

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
I just got back from voting!
36.gif

And now I just feel so relaxed. Even if it doesn''t go in our favor our voice was heard, and that feels great.
21.gif

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/4/2008 9:09:46 AM
Author: luckystar112
I just got back from voting!
36.gif

And now I just feel so relaxed. Even if it doesn''t go in our favor our voice was heard, and that feels great.
21.gif

Yaay congrats! *hi5*
36.gif

starsapphire

Shiny_Rock

CHICAGO, Ill. -- Among the other voters who have shown up to vote at Shoesmith Elementary School this morning, where Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., will vote: Louis Farrakhan and William Ayers.

Seriously.

Welcome to the South Side of Chicago.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2008/11/among-the-other.html

OH, and Bill Ayers, the American terrorist who was never convicted because of FBI screwups and who has never been repentant about the bombings which he DOES NOT DENY taking part in, is a RESPECTED teacher in Chicago.
27.gif

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Star, I think what bothers me is that tens of thousands of troops may not be able to vote because their absentee ballots were sent in too late! If ANYONE should be able to vote, it''s them!
7.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/4/2008 11:38:56 AM
Author: starsapphire

CHICAGO, Ill. -- Among the other voters who have shown up to vote at Shoesmith Elementary School this morning, where Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., will vote: Louis Farrakhan and William Ayers.
Are you suggesting Ayers really *was* "just a guy in the neighborhood"?
9.gif

starsapphire

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/4/2008 11:50:32 AM
Author: decodelighted

Are you suggesting Ayers really *was* ''just a guy in the neighborhood''?
9.gif

35.gif
Hi, I thought this was the REPUBLICAN forum. I don''t post in, and I don''t even READ the Democrat forum. This is supposed to be a SAFE place for us conservatives to post without fear of liberal shots and sarcasm. Please respect that. Thanks. You are a Democrat, right?

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/4/2008 12:13:14 PM

9.gif

35.gif
Hi, I thought this was the REPUBLICAN forum. I don''t post in, and I don''t even READ the Democrat forum. This is supposed to be a SAFE place for us conservatives to post without fear of liberal shots and sarcasm. Please respect that. Thanks. You are a Democrat, right?

Maybe she''s a Republican in hiding! Teehee!
5.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/27/2008 12:58:17 PM
Author:Ali
These threads are considered SAFE areas where the respective parties or those with POSITIVE additions to the discussions are allowed to discuss political issues or support their candidate. The threads should NOT be used to complain about or degrade the other party whatsoever.
35.gif
I don''t think I broke a rule ... did you, Starsapphire? FWIW I posted here earlier to give McCain credit for his SNL bit. P-o-s-i-t-i-v-e. What a wonderful concept!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I actually like it when the dems post over here as long as it is positive and not attacking us. I don''t have a problem with anything said thus far and understand the spirit behind the comments.

anyway, my vote is cast and since my usually very red state has suddenly become a battleground maybe it will actually count
1.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
my daughter''s elementary school had a mock election today. Obama won in her class but McCain won in the tally of the entire first grade. McCain also one in the entire school poll. My daughter told me she decided she wanted McCain to win because he was in a battle and fought for our country when he was young.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/4/2008 3:29:34 PM
Author: mrssalvo
my daughter''s elementary school had a mock election today. Obama won in her class but McCain won in the tally of the entire first grade. McCain also one in the entire school poll. My daughter told me she decided she wanted McCain to win because he was in a battle and fought for our country when he was young.
ah, that is sweet Mrs.; my dad is a vet too.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock

9.gif
Mr. Ayers has no business being ''just a guy in the neighborhood'', in any neighborhood. His butt should be in a grave somewhere ala Timothy McVeigh. Because that''s what we normally do with terrorists in our country who target their fellow Americans. Yes, I know he''s a free man. . . on a technicality. That surely makes him innocent.
20.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
I''ll put my morning after reflections here, so I don''t pee on the Obama parade.

I don''t care if ''the world'' is ''heaving a sigh of relief''. As an American, I''m not obligated to do/say/think what is most important to the ''world''. They need to get off their butts in their own countries and start fixing what is going terribly wrong in their own backyards. Without our help, and our money, since they don''t like us anyway.

They ''world'' is gleefully rubbing their hands together and laughing at this moment. Look how many really rotten ''leaders'' out there were rooting for Obama. They got what they wanted; why were we so stupid as to give that to them? Because, apparently, we had too much "Audacity of Hope".
20.gif

When the tears of happiness dry, and the giddiness dies down, we''ll see just what he doesn''t know, and can''t do. It didn''t take us long to discover that Carter was, at best, inept. He wanted everyone in the world to get along and talk out our differences, too. He lit the fuse on the bomb that is the Middle East. Or are most of you too young to remember?

I''m specifically asking the Democrats to leave this thread alone. If we wanted your point of view, we could go visit your thread, and every other thread on AW. So if we come here today to dicuss the aftermath, don''t get into a hissy with us. Just go away quietly, please.

sklingem

Brilliant_Rock
I want to congratulate McCain on a heartfelt and sincere speech. He is a true American who knows that country comes first, above and beyond outcomes of these elections. Kudos!

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Guys, I just wanted to pop in here to say I''m sorry for your disappointment. I think I can imagine how you must be feeling right now, because I know how I would have felt if my guy had lost.
15.gif

I also wanted to say that I thought McCain''s speech last night was excellent. That speech was one of the most gracious, classy speeches I can ever remember hearing.
36.gif

Again, I''m so sorry. ((((HUGS))))

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/5/2008 9:24:45 AM
Author: HollyS
I'll put my morning after reflections here, so I don't pee on the Obama parade.

I don't care if 'the world' is 'heaving a sigh of relief'. As an American, I'm not obligated to do/say/think what is most important to the 'world'. They need to get off their butts in their own countries and start fixing what is going terribly wrong in their own backyards. Without our help, and our money, since they don't like us anyway.

They 'world' is gleefully rubbing their hands together and laughing at this moment. Look how many really rotten 'leaders' out there were rooting for Obama. They got what they wanted; why were we so stupid as to give that to them? Because, apparently, we had too much 'Audacity of Hope'.
20.gif

When the tears of happiness dry, and the giddiness dies down, we'll see just what he doesn't know, and can't do. It didn't take us long to discover that Carter was, at best, inept. He wanted everyone in the world to get along and talk out our differences, too. He lit the fuse on the bomb that is the Middle East. Or are most of you too young to remember?

I'm specifically asking the Democrats to leave this thread alone. If we wanted your point of view, we could go visit your thread, and every other thread on AW. So if we come here today to dicuss the aftermath, don't get into a hissy with us. Just go away quietly, please.
Holly, I just want to say that I appreciate and agree with your point-of-view. I know it's not easy to be outspoken in an environment where many would like to manipulate you into feeling guilty for not wanting to hand over all freedom, property and independence, however in my opinion holding onto those rights is the essence of patriotism.

I know that I am not a Republican--to be honest I feel the party has lost its spine in recent decades and I'm disappointed in what pushovers Republicans have become, but I do believe in the spirit on which the party was founded: that man is at his best when governed by himself.

I am very disappointed today and have never in my life felt the type of sadness that I feel for my country--it is one thing to fight for Liberty, but nobody wants to fight for Liberty anymore. Each generation that passes is more willing to lay their freedoms down in the name of the "goverment" and we've become a nation full of dependent, coddled servants. I do think that in general people want to do what they feel is right, even if it means giving up some of their freedoms--I'm sure the Bolshevik's also felt they were also doing the right thing for Russia as they watched it collapse.

ETA: Al Franken was barely edged out in MN? (It's not even called yet, is it?) Seriously?? Disturbing.

krispi

Shiny_Rock
I''ll just sum up my feelings this way: I''ve never been more worried for my country and scared of what lies ahead.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/5/2008 11:14:51 AM
Author: krispi
I''ll just sum up my feelings this way: I''ve never been more worried for my country and scared of what lies ahead.
I remember feeling exactly the same way ... eight years ago. So I empathize. Truly.

krispi

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/5/2008 11:26:07 AM

I'll just sum up my feelings this way: I've never been more worried for my country and scared of what lies ahead.
I remember feeling exactly the same way ... eight years ago. So I empathize. Truly.
Deco, actually, I didn't vote for Bush in the last election. I was afraid of what 4 more years of the war in Iraq would do to our country - and vehemently opposed the war the entire time. (While I may lean Republican most of the time, I'm not afraid to voice my displeasure.) I can't quite put my finger on it, but I feel so much more nervous and anxious now than I was when faced with 4 more years of Bush. I hope my worries don't materialize, but they come from a place of true care and concern - and wanting what's best for all of us.

I think the Republican party needs to totally regroup and get back to its core. Focus on the ideas of small government and cutting excess, and distance itself from the far right-wing "crazies" it's identified with for too long. If that happened, I think I would feel more aligned with the party, and maybe there would even be a candidate I'd be able to feel passionately about supporting. I still have hope for the future that this can happen!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/5/2008 12:02:39 PM

Date: 11/5/2008 11:26:07 AM

Deco, actually, I didn''t vote for Bush in the last election. I was afraid of what 4 more years of the war in Iraq would do to our country - and vehemently opposed the war the entire time. (While I may lean Republican most of the time, I''m not afraid to voice my displeasure.) I can''t quite put my finger on it, but I feel so much more nervous and anxious now than I was when faced with 4 more years of Bush. I hope my worries don''t materialize, but they come from a place of true care and concern - and wanting what''s best for all of us.

I think the Republican party needs to totally regroup and get back to its core. Focus on the ideas of small government and cutting excess, and distance itself from the far right-wing ''crazies'' it''s identified with for too long. If that happened, I think I would feel more aligned with the party, and maybe there would even be a candidate I''d be able to feel passionately about supporting. I still have hope for the future that this can happen!
Maybe we need to form a republicrat party? Hehehe.

I didn''t vote for Bush 4 years ago either. I was in Europe when we declared war in 2003 and could not in good conscience vote for Bush in 2004 - so I did vote for Kerry.

I''m not feeling quite the way you are, but I can understand it. I am hoping Obama really shows what he is made of (and by all accounts I''ve read, I think he is made up of good things).

I was bummed for McCain, but happy that (hopefully) Palin will be going away. His speech made me tear up. I believe it showed what he is made of, and I saw the man I knew was underneath a lot of this campaign BS.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results