shape
carat
color
clarity

Republican Discussion -with RULES-

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

krispi

Shiny_Rock
I think that''s a great idea, T-Gal! :) Whenever I take political pursuasion surveys, I end up somewhere in the middle anyway.

While I might not agree with Obama''s ideas (and quite frankly, some of them worry me), I do think the best thing for all of us right now is to find some sense of unity going forward. (And I''ll be paying close attention so that I can make my next decision in 4 years...)

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
I''m going to keep my sour grapes to myself, because I feel that the Dems have been so careful not to rub it in our face and I appreciate that so much.
With that being said, I still hold the concerns about Obama that I''ve always had, and yes, I''m a bit scared for the future of our country and of the Republican party. I do hope that they can regroup and bring in some new faces. I mostly feel sad for McCain, because as I said in the other thread, I just absolutely feel like he deserved the win. He is a great American who has done so much for our country. I couldn''t vote in 2000, but I rooted for him. After Bush was re-elected I became even more invested in McCain...so it is a huge letdown for me, years in the making. I never once believed that he had "changed", but I do feel like he was a bit of a sacrificial lamb in a way. Palin....psssh...I''m not invested in her. I liked her, but I understood everyone''s concern with her being a heartbeat away from the Presidency. With that being said, I don''t think it would be so bad if she had a smaller role with the Republican party (small....).

Change is a funny thing. I can''t get my head around the irony about Prop 8 and the fact that Murtha and Stevens were re-elected.

One more thing--for all you fellow Jesse Jackson non-fans. Watching him cry on TV last night was a huge eye-roll moment for me. How fake did those tears look? I am positive that he was proud of Obama and happy for the black community, but that just looked so staged....so exaggerated. Sorry if I offend anyone by these statments, but man, you think he could have at least been sincere during that moment. Or perhaps I just know way too much about how Jesse Jackson works and it''s affecting my ability to take him seriously.

Last thing: With the exception of Clinton, Republicans have been in office my entire life. I am praying for this to be the change we need, but I really hope that the change does not include cutting defense spending to a point where we are vulnerable again. Foreign Policy during this administration is my biggest concern, and I don''t think that Biden makes up for the loss. I''ll be watching his Obama''s cabinet selections carefully and I sincerely hope he picks good people from both sides of the aisle.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
T-Gal and NEL: We need to find ourselves a Ronald Reagan #2. And we need to start today.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/5/2008 1:21:29 PM
Author: HollyS
T-Gal and NEL: We need to find ourselves a Ronald Reagan #2. And we need to start today.
I liked Ronnie. Except for that falling asleep business...

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely.
Quoting Reagan in your speeches does not a Reagan make! Too many Republicans think they are the next Reagan.

Speaking of Reagan as a name though, I''ve always liked it for a girl. Unfortunately, my BIL named his dog Reagan (after the Pres), and so I feel like that dream is over. lol.
3.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
luckystar: This isn''t sour grapes. I''m disappointed for everyone. Even the people who voted him into office. It would actually make me very happy to be wrong about this man; but I don''t think I am.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/5/2008 1:32:27 PM
luckystar: This isn''t sour grapes. I''m disappointed for everyone. Even the people who voted him into office. It would actually make me very happy to be wrong about this man; but I don''t think I am.
Sorry Holly, I wasn''t trying to say that you have sour grapes. I agree with everything you''ve said thus far. I just don''t think I can handle the word "bitter" one more time.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
there will never be another Ronald Reagan.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Sigh.

They are reporting that Obama has already selected his Chief of Staff...Rahm Emmanuel out of Chicago. The fourth-ranking Democrat in the house.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/5/2008 2:19:10 PM
Author: luckystar112
Sigh.

They are reporting that Obama has already selected his Chief of Staff...Rahm Emmanuel out of Chicago. The fourth-ranking Democrat in the house.

I thought "Change" was coming... I guess not... well, except for the change we might have leftover in our pockets...
3.gif

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
I don''t personally really feel like talking about politics..but just wanted to say I am still alive (obviously) and send some
30.gif
out to all of my Rep friends. You''re an amazing, diverse group of people and I''ll miss our chats!
1.gif
5.gif
36.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/5/2008 1:18:29 PM
Author: luckystar112
I am praying for this to be the change we need, but I really hope that the change does not include cutting defense spending to a point where we are vulnerable again. Foreign Policy during this administration is my biggest concern, and I don''t think that Biden makes up for the loss. I''ll be watching his Obama''s cabinet selections carefully and I sincerely hope he picks good people from both sides of the aisle.

Lucky, I agree. At this point I am going to give Obama the benefit of the doubt. I really do pray that he will be good for this county.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
I hope Obama can really do some good for this country, but I think he will be tested time and time again. He has some enormous obstacles to get over if he truly thinks he can turn this nation around. McCain too would have been faced with the same. We didn''t get here in the last 4 years,and it will take ages to correct our wrongs. I honestly feel those who supported him so strongly might be faced with disappointment when he has difficulty actually doing what he promised.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
ha lucky, I was wondering today what MSMBC is going to report on with Bush gone
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results