shape
carat
color
clarity

Republican Discussion -with RULES-

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ali

Shiny_Rock
I have noticed that more than a few people were missing the separate political party threads on the basis of what they were intended for, which was a positive place for each party to safely discuss and support their candidates and issues without being attacked or questioned. In a effort to continue these threads and give each party a safe place to convene with members of similar ideas, we decided to try the discussions again.

These threads are considered SAFE areas where the respective parties or those with POSITIVE additions to the discussions are allowed to discuss political issues or support their candidate.

The threads should NOT be used to complain about or degrade the other party whatsoever.

If there are any concerns about the intentions of any member posting within these discussions, it should be brought to our attention so we can deal with it as necessary. If anyone has any questions about the appropriateness of a post, please clarify before posting.

As always, if there are any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us directly.

sklingem

Brilliant_Rock
I realy like the fact that Palin is popularizing glasses that look contemporary and chic.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/27/2008 2:11:29 PM
Author: rob09
I realy like the fact that Palin is popularizing glasses that look contemporary and chic.
I heard there''s a waiting list to get them now. Bet that company is thrilled!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Hello all!
35.gif
Anyone going to be doing any volunteering this week?

P.S. I voted, yaaay!
36.gif
36.gif

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/27/2008 5:12:05 PM
Author: SarahLovesJS
Hello all!
35.gif
Anyone going to be doing any volunteering this week?

P.S. I voted, yaaay!
36.gif
36.gif
I''m going down to the clerks office to vote tomorrow hopefully. I have to work a 14 hr shift on election day, so voting at the polls is definately out for me!

MaggieB

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s my $0.02. I like having our Dem thread all to ourselves without having to fight. I think we should show the Republicans the same courtesy. Come on back Dems where it''s nice and cozy!

E B

Ideal_Rock
And luckystar, I apologize if I ever said anything to anger you. I think you're a great sport, and hope you stick around for 7 more days of debating.
35.gif

Back to the Dem thread. I've got photos of Obama holding babies to post. What could be more positive than that?

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
*searches for something to make us feel better.......*

Well, it looks like there really is media bias during this election, at least according to a study by the Pew Center for Research (in case it wasn''t obvious already):

The Project for Excellence in Journalism’s researchers found that John McCain, over the six weeks since the Republican convention, got four times as many negative stories as positive ones. The study found six out of 10 McCain stories were negative. What’s more, Obama had more than twice as many positive stories (36 percent) as McCain — and just half the percentage of negative (29 percent).
I got that info from politico. That''s really only the part that matters...the rest of it is just them justifying their bias.

It also appears that people are finally figuring it out!

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - In a room full of television industry executives, no one seemed inclined to defend MSNBC on Monday for what some were calling its lopsidedly liberal coverage of the presidential election.

The cable news channel is "completely out of control," said writer-producer Linda Bloodworth-Thomason, a self-proclaimed liberal Democrat.

She added that she would prefer a lunch date with right-leaning Fox News star Sean Hannity over left-leaning MSNBC star Keith Olbermann.

Snip

"We should stop the demonizing," she said, adding that Democrats have been worse than Republicans as far as personal attacks on candidates are concerned. "It diminishes us," she said of her fellow Democrats.
Attendee Michael Reagan, the radio talk-show host and son of President Ronald Reagan, said he no longer will appear as a guest on MSNBC because "I actually get death threats."

I''m so glad to see democrats in Hollywood speaking out against this!

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/28/2008 3:54:31 PM
Author: EBree

And luckystar, I apologize if I ever said anything to anger you. I think you're a great sport, and hope you stick around for 7 more days of debating.
35.gif

Back to the Dem thread. I've got photos of Obama holding babies to post. What could be more positive than that?
Ebree, no worries. I'm know for a fact that I've probably upset some people. I think it just goes with the territory of having different beliefs. But I still love everyone!!
9.gif

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Where is IndyGirl?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
lucky, thanks for posting the article. I actually took a break from politics over the weekend. I just couldn''t listen to any of it. Sarah Palin was actually in my area on Sat and I heard she sold out the coliseum. I was actually in nashville or I would have liked to go and hear her speak.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
I am following closely and I hope John Mccain can pull it out these few remaining days.

Ali

Shiny_Rock
If you do not have something positive to say that adds to the original topic, do not post.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I have no interest in debating at this point--I think we are all exhausted anyway--and am just looking forward to having the election behind us.

Luckystar, I just wanted to praise you for your poise throughout all the PS political debates--you are well-spoken (er, written?), well-informed and most importantly, have the stamina to always defend your position!

Now if you don't mind, I'm just going to sit down in this comfy thread, put my feet up and try to figure out if I should vote for Baldwin or if I will succomb to the last minute maybe-I-should-vote-republican-just-in-case-my-vote-counts anxiety and vote for McCain.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
don''t let the Dems scare you....
this race is closer than they think.
2.gif
Bush was suppose lose by a big margin in 04.

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
I find it interesting that the less likely you are to vote the more likely you are to vote for Obama IF you vote.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/28/2008 10:37:09 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
don''t let the Dems scare you....
this race is closer than they think.
2.gif
Bush was suppose lose by a big margin in 04.
Touche.

I believe that it will be a very late night come election day.
36.gif

It''s not over til it''s over. I like John, he''s someone you might find in a small town Texas coffee shop. Someone you might have a discussion over coffee with. I love the tone of his voice, he doesn''t need to shout to get his point across.

The spin of how he has voted with Bush 90% of the time doesn''t scare me either, least he didn''t flip flop like some candidates of the past.

The majority of folks here in Texas are going republican, haven''t spoke to a soul around here going Dem.
9.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/29/2008 9:11:35 AM
Author: iwannaprettyone

Touche.

I believe that it will be a very late night come election day.
36.gif

It''s not over til it''s over. I like John, he''s someone you might find in a small town Texas coffee shop. Someone you might have a discussion over coffee with. I love the tone of his voice, he doesn''t need to shout to get his point across.

The spin of how he has voted with Bush 90% of the time doesn''t scare me either, least he didn''t flip flop like some candidates of the past.

The majority of folks here in Texas are going republican, haven''t spoke to a soul around here going Dem.
9.gif
IWPO: I''ve been relocated to Austin, and will be here next Tuesday. I was in school here in 04 for the last election, and I assume it will be just as interesting this time around. However, I''ve got to say, there are far less Obama stickers than there were Kerry.
36.gif

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
From Meghan''s blog:

When I started the Blogette last year, I wanted to show people what happens behind the scenes in a national campaign. I did this because I love my family and I knew that it might surprise people to see how normal this experience can be. I know this has been a difficult campaign for a lot of people. I know there are many who just want to get past the last eight years. And I know there are people who are so desperate for change they will do anything to get what they think is a better deal.

I make no excuses for the state of politics today. But I want everyone to know that my dad is more than ready to be the President this country needs right now. Everyone always assumed Iraq would be this campaign’s number one hurdle. The only thing I respect more than people’s opinions about how to proceed in Iraq are the men and women who are bravely serving our country in harm’s way every single day. My Dad is the only candidate with real military experience who has the support of an overwhelming majority of current service members. And if you really want to know how much I trust him, remember that I have two brothers who are serving, one of whom is about to redeploy. Of course, all of this is easy to miss, because this election is clearly about moving past the current administration and fixing the economy.

If you honestly think someone with extremely limited experience will solve the severe problems we have in this country then, by all means, vote for Senator Obama. If you want to give complete control of our government to the Democrats who have made a real mess of things over the last two years they’ve controlled Congress, then go ahead and vote for Senator Obama. And, if you really believe that our taxes should be higher and that government should have a bigger role in our lives, vote for Senator Obama.

Some of you have asked me how I can support my Dad or call myself a Republican when times are so tough, especially since my own personal beliefs don’t always sync with the GOP. Well, I have asked myself that same question a lot. But I support my Dad through it all because I know this: my Dad will be unlike ANY other Republican president. My father has the experience, leadership skills, and proven dedication to serve. I only wish people could understand that Dad will bring about the change everyone is so hungry for in a much more real way than Senator Obama could ever possibly hope to do at this stage in his political career.

So, forget everything you’ve heard or seen. Just know this: everyone wants change. And while some people can only talk about it, my dad will bring it. Don’t give up on him. He is never going to give up on you. And by you, I mean every American. Regardless of age, race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, sexual orientation or political ideology; a vote for John McCain is a vote to change our country for the better. Don’t hope for a better future. Vote for one.

- Meghan McCain

Well said.
21.gif

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Ditto lucky!
36.gif
Is it just me or does she have her Mom''s face, but her Dad''s body type? She is like a perfect combo of them! I''d trade my body for hers though, lol. She''s definitely a cutie.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/28/2008 4:10:08 PM
Author: LAJennifer
Where is IndyGirl?
I don''t know!!! I hope that she checks in soon though.
7.gif

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/28/2008 6:02:03 PM
Author: NewEnglandLady

Luckystar, I just wanted to praise you for your poise throughout all the PS political debates--you are well-spoken (er, written?), well-informed and most importantly, have the stamina to always defend your position!

Now if you don''t mind, I''m just going to sit down in this comfy thread, put my feet up and try to figure out if I should vote for Baldwin or if I will succomb to the last minute maybe-I-should-vote-republican-just-in-case-my-vote-counts anxiety and vote for McCain.
NEL that is a huge compliment coming from you. Thank you.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/28/2008 5:45:27 PM
Author: iwannaprettyone

I am following closely and I hope John Mccain can pull it out these few remaining days.
23.gif

I never would have guessed iwanna!

Lot''s of Texans representing, huh? Meresal, me, you, Holly..

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
(I wish I know how to quote multiple posts at once...anyone know how?)

Date: 10/29/2008 1:12:09 PM
Author: SarahLovesJS
Ditto lucky!
36.gif
Is it just me or does she have her Mom''s face, but her Dad''s body type? She is like a perfect combo of them! I''d trade my body for hers though, lol. She''s definitely a cutie.
Meghan is beautiful. Just like her mom! And I just love her blog.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results