shape
carat
color
clarity

Republican Discussion -with RULES-

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/30/2008 6:24:48 PM
Author: HollyS
The crazies are bi-partisan! Did you see this?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,445044,00.html

6.gif
11.gif
Finally! Confirmation that Huffington Post writers have a few screws loose.
3.gif

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
These women are awesome. I love those former Hill supporters, and the DemMcCrats, and the PUMAs!!
36.gif
They are a great group.
1.gif
Nice to see there are some Dems I agree with!
36.gif

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Wow

Each one of these could be an ad.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Most definitely..well gals (and guys?) I am going to do some volunteering this afternoon (I presume it''ll be phone-banking) and I will let you know what I find out!
1.gif

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Sarah, you''re such a good sport!
9.gif

I wish I had time to do something. Instead I''m stuck doing anatomy.
5.gif

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
I should be working on my exam due Monday.
23.gif
Haha. Whatevs. Btw - as to you being heartless (you said on the other thread a joke I know..) I guess I am, too. I always thought of myself as a compassionate person, but it seems that according to many since I don''t want my money taken away for someone who doesn''t work..I am heartless!
2.gif

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
If the money is being handed directly to those who don''t work in the form of a check, I agree. Funny how that would be considered patriotic now, but it was a huge joke when the stimulus package was handed out. And even then, only those who paid taxes got that money. I guess it depends on who is issuing the handouts.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Heh heh!
31.gif

Anyway, just got back from volunteering (3 hrs woohooo
36.gif
). It went really well! Looks like we still have a chance in VA gals!
2.gif

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Well I don''t put a ton of faith in polls, but check this out on Drudge - look at the headline about the Zogby coming out tomorrow: drudgereport.com

starsapphire

Shiny_Rock
ZOGBY: MCCAIN MOVES INTO LEAD 48-47 IN ONE DAY POLLING!!!!!!!!!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

starsapphire

Shiny_Rock
Olberman hopefully will be ripped to shreds as much as they have Palin and McCain. I can''t stand him!!!!!

http://www.politico.com/blogs/michaelcalderone/1008/Olbermann_crashes_SNL_set_.html

Olbermann crashes SNL set

Ben Affleck, who’s hosting “Saturday Night Live” this week, was rehearsing a skit this afternoon mocking Keith Olbermann when Olbermann himself got past security to watch, according to a source with knowledge of the incident.

A source described the skit as “savage,” in portraying Olbermann as a deranged person living at home with his mother. Affleck, said a source, became uneasy with Olbermann in attendance at the 3 p.m., closed-set rehearsal.

But Olbermann, through a spokesman, was complimentary on his first time being mocked on "SNL" — a position his MSNBC colleague Chris Matthews has been in over the years.

“I’m not Sarah Palin,” Olbermann said. “I know how valuable it is to me. And it’s funny."

John McCain is expected to be on tomorrow night, but there’s no word if he’s involved at all in this skit.

An SNL representative declined to comment.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Me either man, he is a nut. Can''t wait!
9.gif

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Btw McCain is on SNL tonight!!
36.gif
36.gif
It has been hilarious so far tonight. They are making fun of Keith Olbermann right now!!
31.gif
9.gif

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Ahhhh I didn''t even know it was on. YAY!!!

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/31/2008 11:16:07 PM
Author: SarahLovesJS
Me either man, he is a nut. Can''t wait!
9.gif
Did I miss this skit? Ugh Olbermann drives me insane.

According to that research poll I posted way earlier, fox news divided their negative stories 40/40 between Obama/McCain.
Msnbc was someting like 75/25 if I''m not mistaken.

starsapphire

Shiny_Rock
The Keith Olberman skit was hysterical!!!!!! And it was lonnnnng too! He basically got ripped a new one!!! I thought McCain looked good and came across well. It shows that he has a sense of humor. Has Obama ever been on there? Or Biden?????

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
I''m pretty sure Obama was on snl back during the primaries. I don''t know about Biden though!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Yep, I think he (Obama was), Biden..don''t think he''s ever done it. I thought it was hilarious! Yeah, it sounds like you missed Olbermann, I think you can watch it online!
36.gif
I don''t usually like SNL, but that one had me going woohoo!!!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Ugh, must Arnold resort to personal attacks? Just kidding, just kidding!
9.gif
10.gif
Thanks for posting this trillionaire!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
***tiptoing in***

I just watched the opening SNL skit, and I gotta say... your guy has some acting chops, not to mention a decent sense of humor!

*** I''ll just sneak back out now***

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Okay I finally saw the Olbermann scene. I died laughing...omg. And you could see Ben Affleck about to lose it a couple of times, fighting back laughter. lol!

I finally saw the opening scene with McCain the mock qvc infomercial too. That was hilarious!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was happy to see that, unlike Palin, McCain actually *participated* in the sketches. Delivered lines ... made fun of himself. Palin just kinda watched people make fun of her - which was uncomfortable. He seemed to be enjoying himself & came across well IMHO. I *did* kinda feel like maybe there''s tension between McCain & Palin -- as he allowed Palin to be made fun of quite a bit ... and he seemed to be enjoying those jokes (Palin 2012 etc, going rogue) heartily. Tina Fey was much warmer to McCain during the end credits that she was to Palin ... probably means they got along better behind the scenes. I wonder.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/2/2008 5:11:07 PM
Author: decodelighted
I was happy to see that, unlike Palin, McCain actually *participated* in the sketches. Delivered lines ... made fun of himself. Palin just kinda watched people make fun of her - which was uncomfortable. He seemed to be enjoying himself & came across well IMHO. I *did* kinda feel like maybe there''s tension between McCain & Palin -- as he allowed Palin to be made fun of quite a bit ... and he seemed to be enjoying those jokes (Palin 2012 etc, going rogue) heartily. Tina Fey was much warmer to McCain during the end credits that she was to Palin ... probably means they got along better behind the scenes. I wonder.

The word is that "tension" between McCain Palin rumor was started by the Romney camp.
31.gif
I for one..just don''t see the tension there, but eh guess I am just that biased.
5.gif
I don''t know if Fey being warmer was about getting along better..or Fey suddenly deciding she could get over her "disgust" and be professional. Guess it''s up to interpretation.
2.gif

starsapphire

Shiny_Rock
I think McCain has a sense of humor! I think that he has been around for quite a while, and has undoubtedly endured more than you and I will ever have to go through. Sarah has been thrust upon the national scene with no time to really take a breath it seems. People have been really nasty to her, and it would not surprise me at all to find that she and Fey did not get on well. And it is no secret that SNL is very Liberal. There for a few weeks, SNL was so nasty to her I refused to watch it with my husband.

starsapphire

Shiny_Rock
I have decided to post this in here cause every time I do anti-Obama stuff, all the "others" jump on me. You know I am such an angel and all.....
17.gif
41.gif

Do you know that Hollywood thinks that the streets will be filled with blood if Obama does not win? And many actors are threatening to leave for Canada?????? Yeah right.
27.gif

I wish most of them WOULD move to Canada.....no offense to Canadians.....
17.gif

http://www.smh.com.au/news/us-election/defeat-fears-put-hollywood-on-edge/2008/11/02/1225560645086.html

I like what Chris Rock said.....that is funny!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I posted this in the Dem thread but thought you guys might be interested too ...

Thought this NY Times article was pretty interesting. Any fans of West Wing? Turns out the Santos character was *based on BARACK OBAMA* ... and the Vinick character was based on JOHN MCCAIN. Four years later the exact scenario is playing out FOR REAL ... including the Phillies in the World Series at the same time & Obama going home to take his kids trick-or-treating. WEIRD!!! Right? The show is still in reruns in England and they're freaking out about the similarities ...

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/2/2008 6:09:02 PM
I *did* kinda feel like maybe there's tension between McCain & Palin -- as he allowed Palin to be made fun of quite a bit ... and he seemed to be enjoying those jokes (Palin 2012 etc, going rogue) heartily.
The word is that 'tension' between McCain Palin rumor was started by the Romney camp.
Guess I wasn't the only one who's wondering why McCain had fun at *her* expense in addition to joking about himself. BTW - I think Tina Fey *was* "professional" with Palin. But warmer with McCain. You don't have to rise to the level of warmth to be considered professional in my book.
2.gif

PS - My intent isn't to argue. I think McCain's appearance was positive. I just wonder if he was being a bit snarky himself.
3.gif

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/2/2008 10:45:25 PM
Date: 11/2/2008 6:09:02 PM

I *did* kinda feel like maybe there''s tension between McCain & Palin -- as he allowed Palin to be made fun of quite a bit ... and he seemed to be enjoying those jokes (Palin 2012 etc, going rogue) heartily.

The word is that ''tension'' between McCain Palin rumor was started by the Romney camp.

Guess I wasn''t the only one who''s wondering why McCain had fun at *her* expense in addition to joking about himself. BTW - I think Tina Fey *was* ''professional'' with Palin. But warmer with McCain. You don''t have to rise to the level of warmth to be considered professional in my book.
2.gif

PS - My intent isn''t to argue. I think McCain''s appearance was positive. I just wonder if he was being a bit snarky himself.
3.gif

I understand, and I''m not trying to argue either, but yeah I think McCain is just naturally snarky. He has a dry wit and loves poking fun at people and I think SP feels the same way, you betcha.
2.gif
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results