shape
carat
color
clarity

replacement..what do you think????

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rockin11

Shiny_Rock
HI! I am new here. I have really enjoyed seeing everyones beautiful rings!! You all know so much. So in Dec. I had to make an ins. cliam on my e-ring. I had a 2ct. rr center in an ajaffe setting that had round and baggette diamonds in the band. Now, I am on my 3rd ring to try and find a replacement. They keep on changing the center b/c I have just not been happy with it. Now I got one today and the center is wonderful. I am still unsure on the setting. To be honest, I really don''t know what I want. What has made things harder with it is that DH is deployed and he is really good with helping me on things like this...plus my jeweler is on the other side of the country b/c he is located in my hometown.(so its not easy to do things) So I guess I am asking for y''alls opinion! Honest please! How does it look? Is the band too thin? I want something timeless, classic and something that wont go out of style. If I send this one back I will just wait on anything else until DH comes home. Thanks in advance for the help! I just LOVE this site!!!

Stats..
2.5ct. rr center(looks like 2.75) g color (great fire!)
2x .65ct traps on sides
entire setting was made by jeweler..(not special for me..it was just something that he had when i was there)

I hope the pics are okay...

ering1..jpg

rockin11

Shiny_Rock
crap..i forgot to spell check! LOL okay here are a few more!

rockin11

Shiny_Rock
another..

ering2..jpg

rockin11

Shiny_Rock

avring2.jpg

rockin11

Shiny_Rock

avring3.jpg

rockin11

Shiny_Rock

avring4.jpg

flowerladytoo

Shiny_Rock
I think it's very pretty and has a somewhat antique look to the setting
21.gif

PearlDahhhling

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh I love it! Please post some more pictures!

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
You wanted an honest opinion - I love your ring! It is really beautiful and I like the antique feel to it.

MMT

Ideal_Rock
It looks gorgeous, I would love to see more pictures
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

rockin11

Shiny_Rock
2.5 ct g vs2

avring5.jpg

rockin11

Shiny_Rock
one more look

avring14.jpg

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I think your center is stunning! IMO, the sides are a wee large, but I tend to be conservative. I think the overall effect is lovely!

ETA: I love how your band coordinates.
1.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 9:22:00 PM
Author: geckodani
I think your center is stunning! IMO, the sides are a wee large, but I tend to be conservative. I think the overall effect is lovely!

1.gif
Ditto every single thing Gecko said.

I think the design is absolutely beautiful, and the only thing I''d even consider changing would be to make the side stones a bit smaller. That''s seriously nitpicking, because it''s stunningly gorgeous already!!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 9:30:36 PM
Author: musey
Date: 2/13/2009 9:22:00 PM

Author: geckodani

1.gif

Ditto every single thing Gecko said.

I think the design is absolutely beautiful, and the only thing I'd even consider changing would be to make the side stones a bit smaller. That's seriously nitpicking, because it's stunningly gorgeous already!!
hate to be simplistic in replying with such a beauty of a ring but a big DITTO to this!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is beautiful!!!

rockin11

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much for the feedback!! They are rather large. They look a lot bigger than what they are. I was worried that they blended in together and looked like one piece or something. The center is beautiful and I was afraid it was competing with the sides. I really don''t want to detract from the center. So do you think I should ask for smaller side stones or maybe do a new setting all together?

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I think it looks beautiful as-is, but if you''re not happy with it, you won''t get happy with it - and you need to love it
1.gif

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Lovely!

cheers--Sharon

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love that ring! Reminds me of Bebe''s, which is one of my all time favorites! Could you please post photos of the side view as well? Love it, love it, love it!

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2009 12:39:00 PM
Author: luv2sparkle
Love that ring! Reminds me of Bebe''s, which is one of my all time favorites! Could you please post photos of the side view as well? Love it, love it, love it!
Ah, thanks luv!

I was kinda thinking the same thing myself!

I too would love to see more pics.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful but I agree with the others who said the side traps are a bit too large. I would downsize those, but otherwise your ring is gorgeous!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
If you were thinking of changing the side traps, trillions would look awsome. (I''m also a huge fan of pears as sidestones...but I am a huge fan of pears to begin with.) It looks very antique-y as is, and is BEAUTIFUL! From the photos, it appears the side stones blend into the center stone, and gives a 3 stone look to it. If you are looking to play up the center stone, I would choose smaller side stones that taper, to make the center stone pop, for a similar effect... but I see waht you mean.

Now that said, it is a stunner... CONGRATS!
36.gif

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would definitely go smaller with the sides. I really like the idea of pears instead to make your center POP!

MMMD

Shiny_Rock
Nope - I wouldn''t change it. I think your side stones are perfect. My side stones are too small and I think it makes my ring look dumb.

Love your ring.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is just stunning!!! I also think the traps are a bit large and compete with the main stone...but honestly I love all that bling and
now that its set I dont know if I would change it.

You are the one that needs to love it though!

rockin11

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for all the comments! The more I look at it the more I love it! Someone asked me yesterday if it was fake! LOL How do you respond to that? Too funny! I think I am going to keep it as is for now and wait for DH to come home this summer..once he sees it we can figure out what to do from there. Maybe I will go down in size on the sides or keep as is. I still like hearing what y''all think! The suggestions are wonderful and give me lots of options I have never even thought of..forcing me to think outside the box!! Keep em coming!

Bebe..I would love to see more pics of your ring! Can you post some?..Please. I would love to know the stats as well..to see what size your sides are in comparison with the center. I had never seen a setting like mine before so I am excited to check yours out!

**I hope to get a few more pics up tonight. I will just have to see how they turned out. I am not the best photographer.

rockin11

Shiny_Rock
Bebe, I searched and found the thread with your ring. Well, I was brought back down from the high of my ring!! LOL WOW!!! Amazing! It looks great on you and has beautiful detail!! Ours are very similar..although I love the cushion!

**as I was typing this..I looked at my ring and noticed I am missing a small stone on the side!!
7.gif
I guess that''s what I get for having small stones in the band!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
personally I love it as is and wouldn''t change a thing!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results