shape
carat
color
clarity

Renewing vows is sweet... but bachelorette party!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

upgrade

Brilliant_Rock
Wow... this sounds like something my sister would do! Personally, I think it''s tacky and self indulgent. I think everyone gets ONE big wedding. After that, have a party, by all means, but to have bridesmaids requiring expensive dresses and stagettes and showers... tacky, tacky, tacky.

My sister tends to do self indulgent things like this and in her case it''s just that she honestly hasn''t given a moment of thought to the fact that other people have 1) budgets and 2) time constraints. It would never occur to her that an expensive weekend all about her is not everyone''s idea of a great way to spend their hard earned money and precious free time.

My dad and his wife did a vow renewal years ago. Theirs was actually very nice. They had gotten through a very rough patch in their marriage and they felt that they had never really gotten off to the right start. To celebrate working through their issues and to symbolize their fresh start, they had a vow renewal ceremony. They prepared all the food themselves, wrote their own vows that had meaning to them, made tapes for the music (told you it was a few years ago!) and invited all their friends. They had my step mother''s daughter and son in law act as bridesmaid/best man because they were unable to attend the first wedding, but they wore clothes they already had. It was a very low key, informal event and it was meaningful for them and was a lot of fun. They did specify no gifts, though. It was just about their relatioship and celebrating with their loved ones and nothing else. I think that''s the way to do a vow renewal.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2010 5:52:09 PM
Author: doodle

Then send her a bag of marbles as her shower gift as she has obviously lost hers.
3.gif

love it! :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results