shape
carat
color
clarity

Remade cluster ring, a pair of studs, and some fun earrings to round out the charm bracelet

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m still drooling over the cluster ring. I haven’t even seen the earring yet! Oh @mrs-b that ring is stunning!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ZestfullyBling - well done you for doing your own landscaping!! I love gardens and landscaping more than jewelry, and I get so much out of my yard. I'm on a half acre lot and wish desperately I was on double that. I love the space, and I love big trees and I love flowers! Over the 6 years we've been in this house, we've consistently worked on filling this garden with charm. I love making small seating areas where you can sit and relax or eat or read a book or whatever. I'm hoping to do a small cobblestone sitting area plus a plunge pool outside my bedroom one day - I'd love that! Re your ring - I hear you re non-traditional jewelry! Sometimes it's good for the soul to do something that hasn't already been done a thousand million times! And your lovely bypass ring is *definitely* a one off! I hope you enjoy it and it pleases your eye for many years to come!

Thank you so much, @Kim N! I feel as tho this ring is one of a (very) few pieces I own that I consider to be 100% satisfying. I just love it, and it's so beautiful! I'm getting a great deal of enjoyment from it!

Thank you, @RunningwithScissors! In fact, the turquoise earrings - charm bracelet - friends-plus-cocktails combo has already had an outing! It's pure summer and I absolutely love that combination! I just need a matching ring now.... :mrgreen: (Seriously!)

Re the hoops, they were made to my specs by DKJ. They're 1.75", solid 18kt, and are hinged. Very comfortable to wear - tho I have to say, were I making them again, I'd probably do them at 1.5" so they were a tad lighter on the ear. Using the same basic design, I'm asking DKJ to make me a 1 1/4" pair in silver - which will be much lighter again and, I suspect, will be worn almost continuously! It's a great design and goes with everything, so if you want to copy, feel free to tell DKJ that you spoke to me and I'm happy for you to use that design. Be aware, tho - I wanted them to hang nicely, so made them solid for that reason. Because of that, and due to them being in 18kt, they're expensive for what they are - so, just a heads up!

Last edited:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww - thank you, @bling_dream19! I adore my new ring! But I also love the babies - and those studs are just perfect! The prongs are virtually invisible in real life. In fact, when I first opened them, I thought they'd sent me back the diamonds - unset! But - can we talk about your new OEC/VC combination ring??!! Goodness me! You're certainly making up for lost time, lady! That ring is STUNNING! And your collection just goes from strength to strength - FILLED with truly high quality, stunning pieces! Congratulations on this new beauty - it's gorgeous!! :wavey:

@Ibrakeforpossums - thank you for those very kind words. I have to say, I'm blown away by my new cluster. I loved my Steven Kirsch cluster ring. This one is better. I love it from every angle and I love every single thing about it! We'll see how my new solitaire set competes when it's done, but I have to say - it's hard to see how it could surpass my cluster ring! I recently bought a cushion shaped blue spinel and am planning to set it into a 3 stone with cushion cut diamonds. That will give me a three stone, a cluster and a soli. All the designs I wanted! I feel incredibly lucky to have such lovely things.

Thank you, @Calliecake! The matching earrings will be amazing when made - a smidge over 5ctw and hopefully as perfectly constructed! The set altogether should be quite the bling-fest! :mrgreen:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
0CF1C277-3F0A-4920-B526-8D924ABC40BC.gif

When I saw your cluster ring on Instagram, I knew I had to search for the thread here on PS. This is the cluster ring to end all cluster rings. It’s a total sparkle bomb! I clicked on the pics and was seriously blown away. Nothing but intense sparkle and I’m here for it. :love:

I love the turquoise earrings too. They have that perfect spring / summer vibe going on. So, so lovely!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Re the hoops, they were made to my specs by DKJ. They're 1.75", solid 18kt, and are hinged. Very comfortable to wear - tho I have to say, were I making them again, I'd probably do them at 1.5" so they were a tad lighter on the ear. Using the same basic design, I'm asking DKJ to make me a 1 1/4" pair in silver - which will be much lighter again and, I suspect, will be worn almost continuously! It's a great design and goes with everything, so if you want to copy, feel free to tell DKJ that you spoke to me and I'm happy for you to use that design. Be aware, tho - I wanted them to hang nicely, so made them solid for that reason. Because of that, and due to them being in 18kt, they're expensive for what they are - so, just a heads up!

Thank you for the info and the offer! I very well may reach out to DK in a few months when my "Sparkly Fund" has been replenished!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
And just a moment of reverent adoration....

Do click on the photo below: I've noticed that in the latest iteration of PS, unless you click on a photo, you don't get the proper resolution. And this one is definitely worth seeing in all its clarity. <3

20210612_155000.jpg

Beautiful cluster and congrats @mrs-b !! I love how the arrows are lined up in the center diamond and have a totally geeky question… for the diamonds in the halo, are the arrows also aligned with the centre diamond? Also can you pls post some side profile shots of your beautiful new ring?

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s always a pleasure to browse through your threads! This ring!! Wow! What a statement piece!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@RunningwithScissors - getting a pair really gets my vote! I wear mine 2 out of 3 days. They're a hoop - but the extra weight and the way they hang clearly says 'quality' - so I wear them places I wouldn't normally wear a cheaper pair of hoops. And the 18kt is a lovely color. Gets my vote! :wavey:

Thank you so much, @elle_71125! It's my dream cluster. It's modern but classic and the sparkle is balanced out by the finger coverage. It's everything I wanted in a cluster...except for the earrings!...which should be hear by the fall. :mrgreen:

Thank you so much, @nala! :wavey: I feel as tho this piece fits right in and definitely scratches an itch! Every woman should have a solitaire, if possible - diamond, colored stone, even a plain metal head - I think they look awesome! I hope you're enjoying your summer! ::)

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
@mrs-b what wonderful additions to a fabulous collection! All three are really lovely :)

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@icy_jade - thank you so much for those lovely comments. ::) I had hoped to have some profile photos taken for you by now, but it's my birthday today and yesterday was taken up putting together a dinner party with friends. I'll try to get a moment today, or tomorrow at the latest.

Thank you so much, @stepcutnut! My god-daughter wore my cluster to dinner yesterday and I know she's *thrilled* I have it! Today I'll be wearing my turquoise earrings and my charm bracelet for father's day; that combination is such a celebration of summer!

Iola80

Rough_Rock

Do click on the photo below: I've noticed that in the latest iteration of PS, unless you click on a photo, you don't get the proper resolution. And this one is definitely worth seeing in all its clarity. <3

20210612_155000.jpg

That is gorgeous

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @lola80

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my. I’m not sure how I missed this. Your new cluster is to die for. I love the proportions and the way the sides tilt downward from the center. They hold their own but really let the center stone be the star of the show. Can you post a picture of the side view?

You have such an incredible collection.

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
So…is it wrong that your beautiful turquoise earrings made a guest appearance in my dream last night? They weren’t earrings, though. They were huge - and gently bobbing in the air - and just as beautiful as they are in your photos. So cheerful and lovely. =)2

asterismdispersion

Shiny_Rock
That is quite a show-stopping cluster. I especially like the tilt angle of the side stones and the rounding of the prongs. With the precise shapes of the diamond facets there is a contrast between the cuts' sleekness and the organic mounting/shaping of the ring. Cool stud earrings, too.

I am pleasantly surprised by the faceted big turquoise earrings a lot too. I wouldn't ever think of faceting turquoise globes that way! Pretty. :o

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock

20210612_155000.jpg

Wow, you are so right about clicking on the photo!!! Your ring is stunningly gorgeous!!!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, you are so right about clicking on the photo!!! Your ring is stunningly gorgeous!!!!

I know, right? Like - what's going on there? I know nothing about photography, but even I understand 'blurry'!

This ring is a light show. It's a disco ball. It's all that and a bag of ships. I am SO happy with it - it's *exactly* what I wanted...and how often can you say that?

:mrgreen:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
While waiting I went to have a look at DK’s IG…

DC6E88EA-FA29-4A0D-B071-5EBABF3B4676.jpeg

Captured from the video posted

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So…is it wrong that your beautiful turquoise earrings made a guest appearance in my dream last night? They weren’t earrings, though. They were huge - and gently bobbing in the air - and just as beautiful as they are in your photos. So cheerful and lovely. =)2

@bright&shiny - something about this utterly tickles my fancy! I'm sure they were benign and cheery - I mean - how could something so inherently summery and delightful be anything else? :))

@Farleysmom - thank you so much! I'm so sorry I haven't posted side views as yet. I have a house full of visitors and really will get to it as soon as I can!

@asterismdispersion - I LOVE the tilt angle! I'm all about tilt angles and rings looking like they follow your finger. "Organic" is a word I come back to over and over in jewelry. As for the facets on the turquoise earrings, they remind me of the faceting you see ever so rarely on pearls or on moonstone: a different take on something we all thought was so familiar. Jewelry can be endlessly creative and individual!

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
@mrs-b - they were delightfully cheerful - gently bobbing up and down - and they were enormous. Awake, it reminds me of Lucy in the sky with diamonds. Surreal - very cheerful and bright. Cream background with pops of Turquoise and orange. It was lovely

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b - they were delightfully cheerful - gently bobbing up and down - and they were enormous. Awake, it reminds me of Lucy in the sky with diamonds. Surreal - very cheerful and bright. Cream background with pops of Turquoise and orange. It was lovely

Well, that's just awesome!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results