shape
carat
color
clarity

Remade cluster ring, a pair of studs, and some fun earrings to round out the charm bracelet

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful new additions, @mrs-b! I always think your pieces are fabulous and then you sometimes redo them to make them even better! The new cluster ring has great proportions and I really love the new setting! The other pieces are lovely, too! I like your idea to also have jackets made for the studs so they can be used multiple ways!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @MrsBlue - I love them too! They go with everything - they're noticeable without being imposing - and they have just the right amount of sparkle. And with these new studs, that sparkle is clean and white and super-blingy!

Thank you, @123ducklings :)) My collection is getting very close to where I want it to be. I'm loving every piece I do these days, and it's a very restful feeling - to love the things you have.

Hallo @diamondseeker2006 :wavey: I changed this one up because I wanted to redo the entire set to be lighter; my cluster earrings were just too heavy. And the less metal I've had on them, the better I've liked them, so this is a good step forward for me. I also really love this design - it's all sparkle! When I have the earrings as well, they'll be quite the eye catching set! I don't think I'll have another pendant; I just don't wear them and a cluster pendant in the proportions that would match this set would be substantial and expensive. So I'm thinking I'll give it a pass and perhaps do something different, but I'm not decided on that yet. I have a bit of leftover melee, and I think I could do another sparkly doo-dad, which I think would be pretty as a pendant, but am unsure of shape and size at this point. We'll see, I suppose! :)) Either way, thank you for your kind words. ox

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
The cluster turned out phenomenal well. Congratulations!

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You have an awe inspiring carefully curated collection @mrs-b. The cluster ring is just what dreams are made of, so stunning!
I love the dainty prongs of the studs, it’s like there are no prongs, just beautiful diamonds floating on your ears.

The turquoise drops are beautiful too, they would look gorgeous with your complexion.
Wear your exquisite collection in good health and happiness!
Thanks for sharing.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much, @rainydaze! I LOVE a bezel set stud, so I vote bezel! I would have done these in bezel - especially since they're going into a jacket - but they were already a tad large for the drop they'll go with, so a bezel on top of that was too much. I do LOVE bezels, tho!

Have you ever thought of doing a bezel, but with a somewhat more decorative metal surround? I have the ones attached below (tho one of them is a pendant, granted, it's very similar to a pair of studs I had made for my niece). I love all of these and they give wonderful presence on the ear! The ones with the GSS drops are detachable, so they do double duty!

Pendant 2.jpeg

DKJPV_0514_STEAR-1.jpg

20190915_124708.jpg

IMG_2531.JPG

IMG_2550.JPG

Oh!! Yes!! I'm not sure why, but resetting them keeps taking a backseat. Whenever I think about them again, I go through a series of 'could do this style' ... 'could do that style'... When I come across the style you posted I often think 'that's it!'

The pendant and studs you had made are perfection!!

I am curious, were the studs you had made for your niece heavy, considering the extra metal? I tend to be very sensitive to all kinds of things so that is my one concern. Although, my studs are only around .6ctw so that may be moot.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh!! Yes!! I'm not sure why, but resetting them keeps taking a backseat. Whenever I think about them again, I go through a series of 'could do this style' ... 'could do that style'... When I come across the style you posted I often think 'that's it!'

The pendant and studs you had made are perfection!!

I am curious, were the studs you had made for your niece heavy, considering the extra metal? I tend to be very sensitive to all kinds of things so that is my one concern. Although, my studs are only around .6ctw so that may be moot.

Hi @rainydaze -

No - not heavy at all. I had them done in white gold, not platinum, so they were quite light. 14kt is good for this and if you rhodium plate (which I always do) they look the same as 18kt anyway with the benefit of being not as heavy. My studs in that photo are .52ctw, so very similar to yours. They're a lovely pair of 'take you anywhere' earrings. I've always wanted to make her a pair of jackets to go on the outside, too, which I think would look lovely and turn them from daytime earrings into nighttime glam.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So beautiful! I saw your ring on IG and let out a big "WoW"!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @rainydaze -

No - not heavy at all. I had them done in white gold, not platinum, so they were quite light. 14kt is good for this and if you rhodium plate (which I always do) they look the same as 18kt anyway with the benefit of being not as heavy. My studs in that photo are .52ctw, so very similar to yours. They're a lovely pair of 'take you anywhere' earrings. I've always wanted to make her a pair of jackets to go on the outside, too, which I think would look lovely and turn them from daytime earrings into nighttime glam.

Thank you for sharing this info! I do have an allergy to nickel, but I could use PD white gold. I always forget about this. I'm kind of excited to get this done now! It would be so nice to just do it already and start wearing diamonds in my ears on the regular since clearly I am never going to adjust to the martinis.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much, @caolsen! I'm very pleased with it. The workmanship is lovely. :))

Thank you, @Sparkles88! I wonder what I'll do when I reach the end which, frankly, I am rapidly approaching. This latest group of projects with DKJ will just about see it out. I can't say I'll be sad to see the end of it - it's been a long, long, LONG road.

@rainydaze - time for you to set your diamonds, I think! If you've already gone to the trouble of buying the stones, they deserve an outing! I'll love seeing what you deserve to do. :wavey:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@tyty333 - thank you for that heads up! I didn't know they'd put it up, so I took myself off to the 'Gram and ooh'd and ahhh'd with everyone else! :mrgreen: It really is a very beautiful ring and makes quite the impact on the hand, so I'm very happy with how it's turned out. I do need to pump it up half a size, tho, so - like virtually all my projects - it will be going back shortly for tweaking!

dhimer

Shiny_Rock
First up - the gorgeous, gorgeous ring!

20210612_141225.jpg

20210612_141109.jpg

20210612_141020.jpg

20210612_141058.jpg

20210612_134448.jpg

20210612_140316.jpg

And one of the back....

20210612_141343.jpg

I saw on DKs IG and was hoping it belonged to a PSer so I could see more of this beauty. Stunning !

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Mrs-B, your new pieces are just gorgeous! I had to pass my laptop over to my husband to have him admire them too! For the cluster ring he noticed that the arrows of the center diamond align with the smaller diamonds surrounding the center. It just is perfectly proportioned and crafted. Beautiful! The turquoise earrings are a gorgeous color. How lovely to pair them with your charm bracelet - very happy feeling from both!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @dhimer! It's a gorgeous ring, but will be getting a couple of small tweaks in the coming weeks. I'd like to ship it back and get it back again as fast as possible...but first I need to wear it out to dinner for my birthday! This is one for the ages, tho, and I'll be very proud to own this beauty for the rest of my life. :))

@OdetteOdile - seriously, it's the small things, isn't it? I love the care that went into this ring - the orientation of the arrows, the uniformity of the prongs, and smoothness of the polish - those sorts of things speak to quality, and that's what I'm looking for in pieces at this point in time. I'm glad you like them all! :wavey:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How about Bonza and Rippa @mrs-b ? :lol:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhh - THANK GOODNESS, @Austina! DH and I wre struggling to find something!

Both adjectives normally are connected to the accelerator - 'bloody' - in that something is 'bloody bonza!' or 'a bloody ripper!'

'Bloody' can be added to almost anything in Australia and is still the most common cuss word. I think most Australians don't even realize when they say it!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've just realized that I've been completely remiss in not giving credit where credit is more than due.

A big shout out to David Klass Jewelry in LA for making my ring, setting my diamonds and hand making the fittings for the turquoise drops. Their workmanship is truly beyond on my cluster ring and I feel as tho they consistently honor the fact that I'm approaching the end of my jewelry journey and acknowledge the brief that I always give them: "I'm never doing this piece again. It has to be a forever piece. It has to stand up to the most intense scrutiny. it has to be perfect." My new cluster ring completely reaches that bar, and I'm so grateful for the care they take time and time again. The new fittings for the turquoise earrings are just perfect, having been handmade particularly for those drops. And as for the studs - God bless whoever it was who spent their time squinting at those tiny little things - they're utterly flawless.

And that's not a word I use lightly.

Last edited:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@m-2-b and anyone else who wanted ear shots - here are a couple of Mrs-B super blurry, totally dodgy attempts!

20210615_121435.jpg

20210615_121741.jpg

So pretty--it make the perfect complimentary statement to your hoop earrings! :kiss2:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @m-2-b :wavey:

They're not large - but they're a lot larger than they look on my monster sized lobes. 1.2ctw and each diamond is 5.4mm. Photos are also somewhat misleading, but I have no idea how to compensate for perspective. They're the perfect size, tho, for the silver teardrops I'll dangle from them most often. I use the OECs for my pearl drops, these ones for the teardrops, and I'll probably end up buying one more to use permanently in my outer piercing so I don't have to keep disconnecting and reconnecting them to and from the teardrops.

I'm about to start on remaking my cluster earrings, which will go with the cluster ring and be in the same style. They'll be over 5ctw in the end, so - substantial.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A little late to this space but wowzer! Your creations never cease to amaze me @mrs-b! The new cluster is TDF, a total knockout, I could only imagine how sparkly it is in person :kiss2:
Love the super fun turquoise earrings especially for the summertime! Enjoy them!

mjea

Shiny_Rock
:lickout::drool: @mrs-b I saw this on IG and died for a minute. Beautiful!!! Can’t wait to see the matching earrings!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your pieces and redesigns are lovey as usual!! Awesome collection @mrs-b !!! Wear them in good health! Your cluster is a Bling Dream:kiss2:!,

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much, @ac117! And happy summer to you! I hope you're enjoying the warmer weather and that all is right in yur world. :)) In person, this ring is a blingfest and I absolutely love it! It's the cluster I've always wanted, and I'm chomping at the bit to get the matching earrings! Together, this set will be a 'take you anywhere' combo!

@mjea - we need to talk, lady! Where is the thread on your cluster?? In fact, have you posted about it anywhere? I've looked! Thank you for the kind comments about my cluster but....we need details on yours! Actually, your cluster looks very similar to mine - similar vibe. Can we get some pictures and some deets? It's a beauty!

Thank you so much, @ZestfullyBling! How are you enjoying your new bypass ring? What a stunner! I hope you're enjoying your summer! :wavey:

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey:wavey: @mrs-b, thank you. I absolutely luv it, was craving some non traditional jewelry and my bypass did just the trick. yes I’m enjoying the summer. Been doing my own landscaping…planting trees, shrubs, ornamental grass…just having a ball.=)2
I checked out your beautiful landscape on Hangout. So very nice!! All those beautiful flowers!!:))

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always enjoy your reveal threads, and this one definitely didn't disappoint! The photo of your cluster ring that's now your avatar is something else! All gorgeous, gorgeous pieces. Wear them in good health!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Lovely pieces, all of them! I hope these bring you joy and get lots of wear time on fun summer outings. (I picture you wearing the turquoise dangles and charm bracelet while sipping a fun cocktail on the patio with friends.)

I also really like your hoops, they are just the right size and look comfortable. I've been looking for a pair like that, would you mind if I ask who makes them?

Enjoy!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Returning to ogle your cluster! It is perfection! I just keep thinking about the sparkle! And I love how everything is perfect about it, from the diamonds to the setting. You are going to have lots of fun wearing this dream girl! And we can't wait for the earrings.
And if I ever get 6 prong studs, I want them to look exactly like yours! You knocked it all out of the ballpark. Thank you for sharing these gorgeous pieces.

mjea

Shiny_Rock
@mjea - we need to talk, lady! Where is the thread on your cluster?? In fact, have you posted about it anywhere? I've looked! Thank you for the kind comments about my cluster but....we need details on yours! Actually, your cluster looks very similar to mine - similar vibe. Can we get some pictures and some deets? It's a beauty!

Thanks so much, @mrs-b!
I have not gotten around to creating a separate thread! It was a long process and I need to send it back again for a second time to DK for some QCing but maybe after that I will! In the meantime, I received a lot of great experience and advice from fellow PSers in this initial please help me thread :lol:. There are a few photos there! The center is not a well cut 2.05ct diamond gifted from my mom (from her solitaire ring) with 8x 4.7mm (3.31ct) stones I think I'm not allowed to mention in this forum but rhymes with "tab drone" :D

Last edited:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much, @mrs-b!
I have not gotten around to creating a separate thread! It was a long process and I need to send it back again for a second time to DK for some QCing but maybe after that I will! In the meantime, I received a lot of great experience and advice from fellow PSers in this initial please help me thread :lol:. There are a few photos there! The center is not a well cut 2.05ct diamond gifted from my mom (from her solitaire ring) with 8x 4.7mm (3.31ct) stones I think I'm not allowed to mention in this forum but rhymes with "tab drone" :D

ROFL!! I'm pretty sure I got it!

And please- DO start a thread - it's such a gorgeous ring and I'm sure a bunch of people would benefit from seeing these proportions and learning how to put together such a gorgeous piece.

Thanks for commenting, @mjea - I'll be keeping my eye out for your thread!

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
mrs-b, there can be no last projects. Your public demands it.
I'm fairly new to PC but I know I would go my whole life without seeing a ring the equal of your new cluster, I would never see such quality in materials and execution. Your simple pieces show such refinement, your casual pieces are elegantly designed.

Slow down and take care of yourself, enjoy what you have (that was a benediction from you) but don't retire that restless aesthetic.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results