shape
carat
color
clarity

Relocating a GIA certified diamond?

Girl505

Rough_Rock
In the summer, I found a diamond I loved but given the timing I ultimately passed on it. Months later, I’m still thinking about it and am wondering if there is a way for me to locate if the diamond is still on the market? It was a GIA certified diamond and I still have the GIA report number.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
A: do a google search for the GIA number see if its on a drop shippers site.
B: Contact a vendor and have them look up the number.
C: contact the place where you saw it.

Girl505

Rough_Rock
A: do a google search for the GIA number see if its on a drop shippers site.
B: Contact a vendor and have them look up the number.
C: contact the place where you saw it.
Thanks, I was able to locate it. Unfortunately, the other jeweler it is now at is charging $7k more which would put me over my budget.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
That stinks, if you post what your looking for the folks around here would be happy to help you find something.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If it's part of virtual inventory, multiple dealers may have the stone. And maybe you only found 1 of 3 that have it. I saw a stone earlier today that was listed at 4 different places all with different prices.

You can do a search here: https://www.rarecarat.com/diamond-report

It's not as comprehensive as the vendors that have full access, but it should hit all the vendors that list via RC which is a good chunk. Manual searches on JA and BN would further cover you.

Ways to keep it from taking forever. If the stone is 1.53ct F VS1 then limit searches to 1.52-1.53, F only, VS1 only, etc. Basically make it as limited as possible to find THAT stone, as not all sites allow you to search GIA numbers.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results