shape
carat
color
clarity

Relationship Question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Patchee

Shiny_Rock
Even if you do not want to hear it = that is emotional abuse and if it was me I would have already packed my skivvies and toothbrush and be out! NO ONE should be called names. It goes back to the nail in the fence.

Next time he calls you the C word give him a nail and a hammer, tell him to find a fence and put the nail in.... one day when he looks at the fence with all the nails in it he will start pulling them out. When he does all the holes will still be there... the damage has already been done, not fixable now. But, by then, you would have moved on with your life.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
him calling you that once, let alone repeatedly communicates a disturbing fundamental lack of respect. I'd bounce.

FWIW, My SO and I do not curse at each other in anger, call each other names, or anything mean or derogatory. If we are getting that upset, we walk away and COOL OFF. We both have ZERO tolerance for that type of disrespect.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I''d have an enormous problem with this-- not because of the word itself, but because it happened more than once when you told him it was absolutely not acceptable to you, add on the fact that he makes it worse by saying you caused it by acting like one, then doesn''t apologize.

To be honest I have no idea whether or not my DF has ever called me this. We both vent with our horrible language, I''m probably even less level headed when we fight than he is. If he ever did say it, it didn''t bother me enough to remember and I probably said something way worse to him first.
11.gif
But I do know that if I had told him he absolutely could not call me that, he would respect my wishes and probably apologize either immediately or after he calmed down. I''m pretty hard to offend by language alone, and even I can see how that word is pretty disrespectful. I would probably call the wedding off too if he continued to ignore my wishes like that.
38.gif
I''m sorry you''re going through this, but I respect you for not being a doormat!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results