carat
color
clarity

Refund Problems with D3luxe/Luxe and the owner Yosef Adde

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Refund Problems with D3luxe/Luxe and the owner Yosef Add

Yosef - I STILL call BS on the entire situation. The original poster clearly stated he changed his mind & called you on the SAME DAY as his order. No time to start cutting a stone or have it shipped etc. There must have been a matter of hours between these transactions yet you still have not refunded him. Simply put - the OP gave you $20K+ and received nothing in return. You stole his money outright. That makes you a common thief and a disgrace to all honest jewellers out there. :angryfire:

HotPozzum|1403133335|3696084 said:
Yosef - I STILL call BS on the entire situation. .................

That's untrue. 2 days had passed. Actually I just checked my email and 3 days had passed until he confirmed he wanted to get a round instead.

His first email confirming the payment was sent
---------------
5/16/11

Good morning,

The wire transfer has been sent. My bank said it may take up to three hours for your bank to confirm; please let me know when you receive confirmation that its has gone through. I'm really excited about the diamond and appreciate your help in tracking this one down. I can't wait to see the stone in person. Meanwhile, when should I get the diamond insured? Also, you mentioned the name of a jeweler last week that handles a lot of custom halo setting work. Can you remind me who that was?

Best,
Phil
---------------

His second email confirming he had second thoughts about the Rising Star shape
---------------
5/16/11

Thanks again for being understanding about my situation. I'm going to discuss with my girlfriend tomorrow and will get back to you soon to let you know whether to forward the funds or return the diamond.

Phil
---------------

At this point, we spoke also on the phone, I told him the diamond had already begun cutting, asked him to be sure he really wanted a round brilliant instead. He also said he now wanted 2+ carats instead of 1.56+ct Rising Star. (1.56+ct Rising Star has larger diameter than 2ct round for your info).

He replied:

---------------
5/19/11

Hi Yosef,

I've been talking with my girlfriend, and we're gravitating back to round brilliants, which I know something about as I had looked at them about a year ago, although it seems from briefly looking online that prices have gone up significantly since last year. Do you have any insight as to what is driving these prices and whether they are likely to keep increasing as the year goes on? I haven't decided yet exactly where I want to be on this diamond, but I'm pretty sure that there's a psychological benefit (to her) of hitting the 2 carat mark, and I'd like to stick to ideal cut stones. Color I'm less sure about as I recall seeing some GIA graded rounds as low as I color that still looked ok to me, although I'd probably prefer something like a G. Clarity is least important, so long as reasonably clean looking to the naked eye (SI1 or so). What kind of range do you think I'm looking at (generally) going through you for a diamond like that?

Thanks,
Phil
---------------

So you tell me, who is the liar? Again, all you people making assumption, making false accusations. All you do is prove that anyone with a keyboard can say anything they want about anyone else. The truth is the truth.

OECsareforLovers

Shiny_Rock

Luxe Wholesale Diamonds|1403134043|3696091 said:
HotPozzum|1403133335|3696084 said:
Yosef - I STILL call BS on the entire situation. .................

That's untrue. 2 days had passed. Actually I just checked my email and 3 days had passed until he confirmed he wanted to get a round instead.

His first email confirming the payment was sent
---------------
5/16/11

Good morning,

The wire transfer has been sent. My bank said it may take up to three hours for your bank to confirm; please let me know when you receive confirmation that its has gone through. I'm really excited about the diamond and appreciate your help in tracking this one down. I can't wait to see the stone in person. Meanwhile, when should I get the diamond insured? Also, you mentioned the name of a jeweler last week that handles a lot of custom halo setting work. Can you remind me who that was?

Best,
Phil
---------------

His second email confirming he had second thoughts about the Rising Star shape
---------------
5/16/11

Thanks again for being understanding about my situation. I'm going to discuss with my girlfriend tomorrow and will get back to you soon to let you know whether to forward the funds or return the diamond.

Phil
---------------

At this point, we spoke also on the phone, I told him the diamond had already begun cutting, asked him to be sure he really wanted a round brilliant instead. He also said he now wanted 2+ carats instead of 1.56+ct Rising Star. (1.56+ct Rising Star has larger diameter than 2ct round for your info).

He replied:

---------------
5/19/11

Hi Yosef,

I've been talking with my girlfriend, and we're gravitating back to round brilliants, which I know something about as I had looked at them about a year ago, although it seems from briefly looking online that prices have gone up significantly since last year. Do you have any insight as to what is driving these prices and whether they are likely to keep increasing as the year goes on? I haven't decided yet exactly where I want to be on this diamond, but I'm pretty sure that there's a psychological benefit (to her) of hitting the 2 carat mark, and I'd like to stick to ideal cut stones. Color I'm less sure about as I recall seeing some GIA graded rounds as low as I color that still looked ok to me, although I'd probably prefer something like a G. Clarity is least important, so long as reasonably clean looking to the naked eye (SI1 or so). What kind of range do you think I'm looking at (generally) going through you for a diamond like that?

Thanks,
Phil
---------------

So you tell me, who is the liar? Again, all you people making assumption, making false accusations. All you do is prove that anyone with a keyboard can say anything they want about anyone else. The truth is the truth.

You just confirmed that on the same day as the wire transfer he was expressing concerns to you. Why on earth would you go forward on a cutting for a client that is having second thoughts?????

vedder50

Rough_Rock

Wow, what an idiot. I'm sure he was going to *amend* the date of the second email, but f'd that up too.

What's funny when you really think about it is that these posts must have had there intended effect. Other people who were thinking of doing business with him probably ran his name through google and found out about this piece of sh*t, and he's been losing business (e.g. not been able to steal other people's money).

Why else would he resurrect these posts from years ago (and make a fake review with new account). Karma is a b*tch.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Luxe...so at thee end you took Phil for $20,500 and he still didn't receive a diamond? any diamond?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

deleted

OECsareforLovers|1403134572|3696097 said:
You just confirmed that on the same day as the wire transfer he was expressing concerns to you. Why on earth would you go forward on a cutting for a client that is having second thoughts?????

>>>>You just confirmed that on the same day as the wire transfer he was expressing concerns to you. Why on earth would you go forward on a cutting for a client that is having second thoughts?????

I am located in Los Angeles, the diamond cutter was in Israel. By the time I was able to communicate to the diamond cutter, he had already begun cutting the diamond.

And once again I will repeat --- -I DID OFFER THIS PERSON A REFUND. HE REFUSED. As most people I'm sure know, diamonds are sold very close to wholesale price. I didn't get a 2.37ct diamond for $5000 and try to cut it and sell it for $20,500. The 2.37ct diamond + cutting cost me nearly what it was sold it for, less maybe about $1800 in profit. So how you can you refund someone like this in full on a custom cut diamond when the majority of the investment (the diamond) was lost in cutting?

So I will ask you.... What do you think a customer is entitled to for refund when;

1) he orders a custom cut diamond (in an odd shape made just for him for 1.56+ct)
2) that was originally 2.37ct and worth nearly the full price paid
3) he no longer wants
4) threatens to sue you
5) had to be cut down to under a carat, nearly a total loss just to get rid of.

What do you think would have been a fair refund amount?

I'm very curious to hear your answer. I even offered a full exchange towards another round brilliant diamond, he refused. He wanted to sue me, so I waited. He never sued of course, because he had no case. All the terms regarding a custom cut diamond were clearly spelled out in black and white.

OECsareforLovers

Shiny_Rock

Dancing Fire|1403135297|3696109 said:
Luxe...so at thee end you took Phil for $20,500 and he still didn't receive a diamond?

:nono: :nono: :nono:

OECsareforLovers

Shiny_Rock

Luxe Wholesale Diamonds|1403135313|3696112 said:

>>>>You just confirmed that on the same day as the wire transfer he was expressing concerns to you. Why on earth would you go forward on a cutting for a client that is having second thoughts?????

I am located in Los Angeles, the diamond cutter was in Israel. By the time I was able to communicate to the diamond cutter, he had already begun cutting the diamond.

And once again I will repeat --- -I DID OFFER THIS PERSON A REFUND. HE REFUSED. As most people I'm sure know, diamonds are sold very close to wholesale price. I didn't get a 2.37ct diamond for $5000 and try to cut it and sell it for $20,500. The 2.37ct diamond + cutting cost me nearly what it was sold it for, less maybe about $1800 in profit. So how you can you refund someone like this in full on a custom cut diamond when the majority of the investment (the diamond) was lost in cutting?

So I will ask you.... What do you think a customer is entitled to for refund when;

1) he orders a custom cut diamond (in an odd shape made just for him for 1.56+ct)
3) he no longer wants
4) threatens to sue you

I'm very curious to hear your answer. I even offered a full exchange towards another round brilliant diamond, he refused. He wanted to sue me, so I waited. He never sued of course, because he had no case. All the terms regarding a custom cut diamond were clearly spelled out in black and white.

Your story just isn't adding up and it's changing faster than a telenovela.

In your original post you said "Then suddenly a couple days later after diamond cutting had begun, he had a change of heart and wanted a round brilliant instead. I informed him that I could not simply stop diamond cutting."

Now the story is that on the same day as the wire transfer he expressed hesitation, but you just couldn't get in touch with the diamond cutter in time.

So which story is it?

p.s. he refused your refund because you were asking for a ridiculous restocking fee, that we already know.

p.s.s. please don't act like the victim here, you got the 20k he wired you and the diamond, while he has zilch.

Roqsteady

Shiny_Rock

3) he no longer wants
4) threatens to sue you

So basically you've admitted to taking all of the customer's money and never giving him anything in return. If the customer refuses the refund, he's at least paid for the recut 1.56 ct. diamond. Why on earth did you then take that diamond and sell it again? Why did you not send him the diamond that he paid for if it was an irreversible project? Yes he ends up with a diamond he doesn't want but at least he has a diamond. Now he he is out $20k and no diamond, while you took his 20k AND sold the diamond for ADDITIONAL money as a .81 ct pear. This doesn't make sense to me.

OECsareforLovers|1403136119|3696119 said:
In your original post you said "Then suddenly a couple days later after diamond cutting had begun, he had a change of heart and wanted a round brilliant instead. I informed him that I could not simply stop diamond cutting."

Now the story is that on the same day as the wire transfer he expressed hesitation, but you just couldn't get in touch with the diamond cutter in time.

As is clearly shown in email, he had second thoughts later that day. It was already past time for me to cancel in Israel. I left a message with the diamond cutter asking him not to cut if he hadn't already begun. When I finally got a hold of him the next business day, work on it had already begun.

And again, as clearly shown in email, he did not CONFIRM he wanted to get the round, until 3 days had passed. Why he waited 3 days to give me a definitive answer, you'll have to ask him. People have second thoughts about a lot of things in this business. As a business owner, all you can do is deliver what a customer asks for as agreed and whenever possible, try to over deliver. Everyone has had a difficult customer or very unusual request. As I said, in hindsight I should have done what every other jeweler did that he contacted before, and turned down his request.

I noticed no one here answered my question. Of course I did not expect anyone to.

Roqsteady|1403136334|3696123 said:
If the customer refuses the refund, he's at least paid for the recut 1.56 ct. diamond. Why on earth did you then take that diamond and sell it again? Why did you not send him the diamond that he paid for if it was an irreversible project?

When someone pays you $20,500 for something that cost you around $19,000 out of pocket, and refuses to co-operate on an exchange or refund, and threatens to sue you for well over the price paid, your job then is then to mitigate your losses and move on. How do I know he would have accepted the diamond if it was shipped? That could have caused additional drama and accusations. I chose to mitigate my losses as required by law and awaited his suit. That's what I was instructed to do by my lawyer. Of course he never filed suit because he had no case due to the fact everything was clearly spelled out prior.

Really, honestly, truly, I wanted to work with him. I wanted to get him his round brilliant diamond and give him a full exchange or work out something with him. But he never agreed to any settlement and was very adamant about suing me instead of resolving the issue.

vedder50

Rough_Rock

Luxe Wholesale Diamonds said:
I noticed no one here answered my question. Of course I did not expect anyone to.

I wouldn't expect responses to a made up excuse either...

diamondseeker2006|1403136917|3696130 said:
Where are the reviews?

There are no negative reviews on Yelp of course. This person is only inviting other non-participating people of this matter to post fake negative reviews.

Candygrl

Brilliant_Rock

Yosef, I don't understand how you can defend yourself when you did NOT give this man a refund or a diamond!!!! You stole $20,500 from him regardless of the situation. How the Heck do you sleep at night? Who cares what the story is, in the end you are nothing but a heartless thief and a coward. You ran from the situation instead of dealing with it :angryfire: :angryfire:

Candygrl|1403137883|3696146 said:
Yosef, I don't understand how you can defend yourself when you did NOT give this man a refund or a diamond!!!! You stole $20,500 from him regardless of the situation. How the Heck do you sleep at night? Who cares what the story is, in the end you are nothing but a heartless thief and a coward. You ran from the situation instead of dealing with it :angryfire: :angryfire:

Have you read anything I wrote?

How do you figure?

1. I offered the guy a FULL CREDIT EXCHANGE towards a round brilliant diamond. Something most jewelers would never do.
2. I offered him MULTIPLE TIMES settlement amounts with ME taking the majority of the loss, 75% in the hopes I would be able to sell this ridiculous cut 1.56ct RISING STAR diamond. HE ALWAYS REFUSED.

So tell me how I ran from the situation again?

Candygrl

Brilliant_Rock

I'm sure there are two sides to every story, however he's still out the $20,500. There really needs to be some type of resolution to the situation.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

[quote="Luxe Wholesale Diamonds|1403136883|

I noticed no one here answered my question. Of course I did not expect anyone to.[/quote]

And i notice you didn't answer my above Q either...Of course I did not expected you to. :rolleyes:

Bottom line is...You received $20,500 from Phil and he got NOTHING! ... :nono:

Dancing Fire|1403139648|3696178 said:
.... and he got NOTHING!

That's not entirely true,

First of all, that was of his choosing, not mine. I offered him multiple options which he refused.

Secondly, he did retain the right to file suit for the full amount in question + damages, which is of course his right. I can't force someone to exchange a diamond or settle who refuses to settle. To him, and based on his actions thus far, that right he is clinging on to, to this day, apparently is worth every penny he paid.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

What a huckster! You show us proof that the guy changed his mind the same day and then say Israel already started cutting that day? I call BS! Israel is hours ahead, it would have been in the middle of the night. I'm sure the cutter got up at 4 am to start your project...
Give the man back his money. YOU made the mistake!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

+1 Aprilbaby

metatrix

Shiny_Rock

I really should not have read this thread mere days before I'm about to make a wire transfer for $43,000. I'm terrified now. Someone hold me. :(

Btw, would this case now be considered interstate wire fraud? Or theft?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yousef, please contact your customer and tell him his thread is back up and ask him to respond to your side of the story.

Thanks.

vedder50

Rough_Rock

if the OP is still exploring litigation, i wouldn't suggest getting into a "he said she said" on this forum. wouldn't accomplish anything. he's already detailed his side of the events (as they were happening), when he sought advice.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

O.K Yosef,

How many different company names have you had in the past 15 year period?

How many times have you had to close down a company, and started up another?

What type of stones do you normally/typically sell? I noticed that "rising star" diamonds are EGL certified and that the cushion you sold to the guy in the other thread looked like a pretty ordinary cut, are you mostly selling EGL stones?

At the time of sale to the customer in this thread did your website or business have an explicit restocking policy? Because it would seem logical to me that while the customer ordered and then cancelled a custom cut diamond you would have had and should have had a restocking policy somewhere that this guy should have known about from day1.
If you did not make him aware of that policy in full then really the fault is largely your own.
Legally he should be entitled to a part refund because he did not get ANY goods, he does not and should not have to accept another diamond from you. If he asks for a refund it is neither "fair nor reasonable" to withhold all of his money.

KenD

Rough_Rock

AprilBaby|1403140542|3696193 said:
What a huckster! You show us proof that the guy changed his mind the same day and then say Israel already started cutting that day? I call BS! Israel is hours ahead, it would have been in the middle of the night. I'm sure the cutter got up at 4 am to start your project...
Give the man back his money. YOU made the mistake!

+1 AprilBaby

I believe that there is 10 hours difference, between LA and Israel. Also, I' don't believe that a qualified cutter had no current work, and was ready, able and willing to start cutting the diamond, immediately, with no time needed to assess the stone and plan the work to me done. Also, I believe the diamond would have had to be shipped to the cutter, since it would be unlikely that he or she would have had such a diamond in inventory.

Please see this link for a description of the complexity of cutting a "Rising Star" diamond.
http://www.am-diamonds.com/articles/fancy-shaped-diamonds/rising-star-fancy-cut-diamond.php
It doesn't sound like the type of work that would be undertaken hastily. It also doesn't sound like a previously cut diamond would be used as rough. Would it make sense to undergo the dramatic weight loss, in cutting, twice. by using a previously cut stone?

I wonder if the OP requested the diamond or if the vendor "sold" it to him.

In any case, none of this seems to pass the common sense test.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yosef, you should be ashamed of yourself. How do you sleep at night?

Regardless of all the BS, the BOTTOM LINE is that you took the OP's money and diamond, and the OP was left with neither. Why didn't you just put the partial refund via check in the mail to him? You knew his address.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

metatrix|1403141635|3696204 said:
I really should not have read this thread mere days before I'm about to make a wire transfer for $43,000. I'm terrified now. Someone hold me. :(

Btw, would this case now be considered interstate wire fraud? Or theft?

I have made wire transfers many times with zero issues. As long as you are working with honest vendors with clear policies, there is nothing to worry about. The issue is who you choose to trust and not your form of payment.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results