shape
carat
color
clarity

Reflections/environmental factors - Thinking out loud, please advise if you can :)

Just let your diamond get a little dirty and it will stop doing this so much lol. That is probably why you didn’t notice it so much in your other one (no shade, I can’t keep my diamonds spotless either). Oils really diminish the optics.

Thank you I had not thought about this, I'm sure that plays a role too! I'm feeling much better after talking with everyone here. I feel a bit silly to be honest, but I'm happy that I could tell someone how I was feeling so that it wasn't playing on my mind!

Last edited:
Ok thank you that makes sense. I think I am just overthinking things way too much. Right now I am at my laptop in a light pink top and my diamond looks different once again. Its bright white but also looks softer, with smaller flashes. I think I need to appreciate that this is part of having a super ideal diamond and not expect it to look the same all the time.

Thank you so much for taking the time to put my mind at ease, I know I probably sound nuts!

No, you don't sound nuts. I look at it this way - folks that care enough about the cut of their diamond to buy an ACA are probably very particular people. I know I am! If something feels off, it feels off and you have to try to get to the bottom of it. I understand how the appearance of a diamond can change as my ACA does it too. I had to get used to my new one when I upgraded so I completely understand. You expect them to be carbon copies of one another and when they look slightly different, it throws you. I hope you enjoy your new diamond every day and that it brings you lots of happiness and joy!

No, you don't sound nuts. I look at it this way - folks that care enough about the cut of their diamond to buy an ACA are probably very particular people. I know I am! If something feels off, it feels off and you have to try to get to the bottom of it. I understand how the appearance of a diamond can change as my ACA does it too. I had to get used to my new one when I upgraded so I completely understand. You expect them to be carbon copies of one another and when they look slightly different, it throws you. I hope you enjoy your new diamond every day and that it brings you lots of happiness and joy!

Thank you, yes that's 100% it, even thought logically I know that no 2 diamonds will ever be exactly the same, I didn't realise how easily I would notice a small difference.

But all good now! I have been loving it so much and looking at it in different lighting, with different colours and it is amazing. It blows my mind that I can actually see the arrows! I am going to do a post over on show my your bling later on but here are some photos I took today :)

ring 1.jpgring 2.jpgring 3.jpg

Thank you, yes that's 100% it, even thought logically I know that no 2 diamonds will ever be exactly the same, I didn't realise how easily I would notice a small difference.

But all good now! I have been loving it so much and looking at it in different lighting, with different colours and it is amazing. It blows my mind that I can actually see the arrows! I am going to do a post over on show my your bling later on but here are some photos I took today :)

It looks perfect on you!

WOW - that’s a beautiful diamond. Congrats

Thanks for the pictures! It does look beautiful on your hand. Glad that you are doing a post in SMTB - too many new jewelry pieces just get lost in other threads. Yours will be appreciated!

@sugarcloud, This is just my personal opinion but I think diamonds look gorgeous with black clothes. Your stone looks beautiful in the pictures you posted with you wearing black. The diamond really stands out. Your rings look beautiful on your hand.

It looks lovely! (Give it a nice bath before your big photo shoot I can see some water marks showing from the pavilion! :-))

It looks lovely! (Give it a nice bath before your big photo shoot I can see some water marks showing from the pavilion! :))

Ooops! Thank you will do!!!

Thanks for the pictures! It does look beautiful on your hand. Glad that you are doing a post in SMTB - too many new jewelry pieces just get lost in other threads. Yours will be appreciated!

Thank you! Hopefully others might also find my little freakout helpful :lol:

WOW - that’s a beautiful diamond. Congrats

@sugarcloud, This is just my personal opinion but I think diamonds look gorgeous with black clothes. Your stone looks beautiful in the pictures you posted with you wearing black. The diamond really stands out. Your rings look beautiful on your hand.

Thank you both!!! I am really loving it and feeling completely at ease now :)

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP