shape
carat
color
clarity

Red Tourmaline - more pics

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
First of all, brazilian peridot is probably some commercial name for a green tourmaline, but peridot itself is an olivine.

And about klewis''s ring design, I think going all yellow could end up too much for a piece of men''s jewellery with such a vibrantly colored stone. I''d suggest a white gold (or platinum) ring with a stone set in yellow gold bezel. I also wouldn''t go too far with ornating it, maybe just a middle section of textured metal or engraving, surrounded by polished edges (and a polished bezel around the stone).

Beautiful stone BTW!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
3/14/2009 11:27:02 PM
Author: klewis

AGBF I do have a couple of other photos of the ring. I bought this ring because of the design rather than the stone which is a diamond slither of dubious quality, set in front of a sheet of silver foil and which most definitely falls into the ''frozen spit'' category of diamonds - a description that one poster on PS used to describe the look of some diamonds. This phrase really made me laugh, and it is so accurate sometimes. Anyway I just like the ring.

The evocative term, "frozen spit" has been used on diamond Internet fora for years so there must be people who find it useful ;-). I do wish that they would find other ways in which to express themselves, however!

AGBF
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ma re, Tell me about the ring in your icon! I love the yellow stone with the yellow gold! What is the stone and what karat gold is that? Is that your ring? Is it discussed in a thread somewhere? (Sorry for the threadjack!)

AGBF
34.gif

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/15/2009 5:03:15 AM
Author: AGBF

ma re, Tell me about the ring in your icon! I love the yellow stone with the yellow gold! What is the stone and what karat gold is that? Is that your ring? Is it discussed in a thread somewhere? (Sorry for the threadjack!)

AGBF
34.gif
I found that photo while browsing the net once. The ring is not mine, it was just a representation, not an actual item for sale (I believe it was on one of those astrological/gemstone healing websites). It''s supposedly a yellow sapphire, and since the website was Indian, the gold is probably 22k. It seems to have some satin finishing on the metal, which I found to be an interesting combo with a yellow stone.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2009 4:34:11 PM
Author:klewis
I''d love to tap into some of the knowledge out there and so any suggestions on setting would be welcome. It is to be a man''s ring - I don''t mind some fancy/ornate but not too fine.
http://com.pricescope.com/photos/whiteflash/category1048/picture2731.aspx

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Yingh and FrekeChild.
Ma re - I too wondered about yellow gold being a little too much with this stone, thanks for your suggestions. And thanks for the link Imdanny.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results