Red Spinel prices - 2019 edition

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dr_Diesel

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Found one that I like.

1.53ct. Red spinel from Burma. Has a couple of feathers clearly visible in magnified images but not too bad at arm distance. Highly fluorescent but tends to brown out a little bit in low light. Camera + white background really harm the color so I used a black background which admittedly is more flattering but it better reflects what I see.

USD 2.1k, if you ask me I think ot was a good deal.

Here the link to pictures and videos, shot today at around 9pm Swiss time, on balcony and with little light:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1k8gjL8RMcRExZIxaKlWYCdXnuVi7ct_A

@VividRed

Where did you find that 1.53ct. Red spinel from Burma?

VividRed

Brilliant_Rock
@VividRed

Where did you find that 1.53ct. Red spinel from Burma?

Hi there! I bought it from an instagram vendor, thegemcollector.

She has a variety of gems but specializes in Burmese red/pink spinels and has rubies at times.

have fun!
VRed

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FYI, Jeff White picked up some Mahenge Spinel roughs from Tucson earlier this month.

DK :))

Dr_Diesel

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hi there! I bought it from an instagram vendor, thegemcollector.

She has a variety of gems but specializes in Burmese red/pink spinels and has rubies at times.

have fun!
VRed

Thank you @VRed!

vik84

Rough_Rock
Hey everyone,

Came across this 2ct Burma spinel, certified by GIA for origin and no treatment. Dealer claims this to be a "Jedi spinel", wanted to get your opinion about the stone. Dealer is asking $5500 in total for the stone, I like the color and clarity. I don't mind the slightly higher depth if the material is truly "Jedi". What do you think ?

Wanted to post this Jedi spinel in this thread to see what you all think about this stone.

budmanbudman10

Rough_Rock
Wanted to post this Jedi spinel in this thread to see what you all think about this stone.

I have both red non-jedi and red jedi spinels. The jedis do look more pink on video. Until you put them beside actual pink spinels and then they look red. Does the seller have a return policy? You'll know as soon as you see it in person if it's "jedi" enough for you. I've seen worse prices for "jedis" and even for "near jedis" so I'd recommend taking the leap if they have a return policy.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results