shape
carat
color
clarity

Red/Pink Spinel Hunting

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And the daily hunt continues... I realize for what I’m willing to pay, I might have to settle for an eye clean stone for the color and weight I want... Is this stone too dark in saturation and tone?
9AC876EC-BEE0-46B3-B35C-299482A110B7.jpeg

Thanks again!

I have a stone this exact colour and it’s beautiful ….. until you take it out into the sunlight and it completely blacks out. Unfortunately these are really only the things you’ll see when you get a stone home.
I’m a bit confused as to what colour you’re now looking for though because this red one is very different from the more muted colours you first posted (which I think were lovely but seriously overpriced).

clcat120

Shiny_Rock
Trade
No, not at that size and color. They could ask more.

It’s color is quite saturated and almost like a pink sapphire. But of cause it has some purple so I think it should not be as expensive as a pure pink?

fredflintstone

Brilliant_Rock
It’s color is quite saturated and almost like a pink sapphire. But of cause it has some purple so I think it should not be as expensive as a pure pink?

Most pinks have some purple in them. There are many shades of pink. The hotter the color the more expensive the stone. Otherwise the closer to red. This is priced well. Take it for what it is worth.

fredflintstone

Brilliant_Rock
Just took another look at the stone. There is not much purple at all to my eye on my computer monitor.

fredflintstone

Brilliant_Rock

I think you can see purple in the one. The indoor videos including this one was taken at the GIA lobby in NYC. Lol

Did not see that video. The lighting could have effected the purple in the stone more than the others. I do not know. I was not there. But stones do shift. The price is still good. Take it for what it is worth or noot at all. You asked a question, I answered from my experience in the trade. Do what you will. =)2

clcat120

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Did not see that video. The lighting could have effected the purple in the stone more than the others. I do not know. I was not there. But stones do shift. The price is still good. Take it for what it is worth or noot at all. You asked a question, I answered from my experience in the trade. Do what you will. =)2

I like the color. I think the color is actually quite good. And I bargained down because it is not certified as pink. Thanks for your professional opinion.

clcat120

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Thank you all for yours comments! I bought the pink spinel from Tajikistan! Will share some videos once the sun is out too! It needs a bit lapidary work as the surface of the stone has some small scratches. It’s is certified at 6.25, and maybe I will loose like 0.05-0.1ct with some resurface work?

Almost the same size of my Malaya garnet too! :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results