shape
carat
color
clarity

Recycling Project II

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a pair of pearl studs from my parents that I no longer used. I''m considering having them made into dangling jackets (?). Any thoughts? Hopefully, this is also be an inexpensive project.

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
What about using one of those loose diamond stones and create like a DBTY dangle with the pearls at the end? Just a thought.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, those are not loose diamonds. They are my new studs.

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I meant using those loose diamond your parents gave you. You had 3 different size stones. That way you could have earrings that kind of match your necklace, if you do that DBTY type necklace.
36.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ah, the teensy ones you mean. I''ll ask the jeweller, but I doubt their quality.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
ooooh, I think that would be pretty. I LOVE pearls. I might almost like them a tiny bit more than diamonds for some reason. They are so classic.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aren''t they pretty? I tried on a pearl bracelet, but decided it would be too fragile.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wore pearls for my wedding. Also my dress had fake pearls.heehee

I always wear a pearl necklace to work with earrings. My husband also got me Tahitian pearl earrings; yummy!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lucky girl! What''s that pretty necklace you have on in your avatar?

My brand new pearl studs have gone missing -- either DF lost them or the hosekeeper stole them. If it''s the latter, is that a discreet way to inquire?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It shouldn''t be an expensive project, get a few quotes. I love the idea, and the look!!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you think it''ll be cheaper than my first project? I hope so!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry. This thread? Which one; I am confused. sorry.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes -- what''s that pretty necklace in your avatar?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
a borrowed necklace from my neighbor.
9.gif
I wish I could buy that kind of bling.heeheee

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Darn. I thought I could borrow it from you.
2.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your funny. A few of my neighbors have some gorgeous pieces. Only in my dreams or when I have a lot of money just kicking around.
2.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I personally like drops to be larger than the studs but that is just personal taste. I am sure they wouldn''t be too much.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I LOVE the ones Miranda posted! Those are gorgeous! It makes me wonder about the size of diamonds that will look right with drops, though. I believe Widget''s pair that she uses for this purpose are under a half carat and the one''s in that picture were .60 or so each. It is making me wonder if I should have gotten a smaller pair of studs so that drops and jackets would have worked better???

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2007 7:34:39 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
I personally like drops to be larger than the studs but that is just personal taste. I am sure they wouldn''t be too much.
As do I, but this is better than having the pearls lying around.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2007 8:03:33 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Oh I LOVE the ones Miranda posted! Those are gorgeous! It makes me wonder about the size of diamonds that will look right with drops, though. I believe Widget''s pair that she uses for this purpose are under a half carat and the one''s in that picture were .60 or so each. It is making me wonder if I should have gotten a smaller pair of studs so that drops and jackets would have worked better???
DS,
Did I hear correctly? You want to SHRINK your diamonds?!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the size of your pearls w/your diamond earrings. I think it is all personal preference.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
As for the possible theft, do you a bonded and insured service come to you? I think, if you do, and are certain they are not in the house, you need to call them. You will need a receipt and I assume you need to fill out an incident report. Not sure if you notify your homeowners, or the agency notifies theirs or just decides to pay for them. I would be VERY certain they are not in the house, I have seen big issues when accusations are made prematurely.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/15/2007 8:18:29 PM
Author: Harriet

Date: 4/15/2007 8:03:33 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
DS,
Did I hear correctly? You want to SHRINK your diamonds?!
It is a mental illness, I admit! My studs are great for wearing alone. But I think smaller ones are better for drops and jackets if you have relatively small earlobes like I do. Unfortunately that revelation came to me after I bought my .75 each studs!!!!!!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade them in for smaller, but higher-quality ones then.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love those ones Miranda posted as well, they are gorgeous!

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Hi Harriet. I think the pearl drops are a great idea. I''m confused though - you had 2 sets of pearls, then one set disappeared, and this is the remaining set? Or are these the replacement set? Doesn''t matter, just wondering.

By the way, I love your recycling projects. You are being really smart about using what you have!
1.gif
I would definitely do the necklace first - I really want to see you using your Lucida.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2007 8:25:12 PM
Author: diamondfan
As for the possible theft, do you a bonded and insured service come to you? I think, if you do, and are certain they are not in the house, you need to call them. You will need a receipt and I assume you need to fill out an incident report. Not sure if you notify your homeowners, or the agency notifies theirs or just decides to pay for them. I would be VERY certain they are not in the house, I have seen big issues when accusations are made prematurely.
I''m just going to ask the housekeeper to "help" me look for them? Who knows, she may have sharper eyes than we do.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results