shape
carat
color
clarity

Recycling Project II

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2007 9:57:00 PM
Author: starryeyed
Hi Harriet. I think the pearl drops are a great idea. I''m confused though - you had 2 sets of pearls, then one set disappeared, and this is the remaining set? Or are these the replacement set? Doesn''t matter, just wondering.

By the way, I love your recycling projects. You are being really smart about using what you have!
1.gif
I would definitely do the necklace first - I really want to see you using your Lucida.
Hey there,
Did you see the thread I started in your honour?
I have 2 sets of pearls. The missing ones are bigger and match my pearl necklace (all from Mikimoto).
I''m behaving, right? The necklace will be ready by Friday!
36.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
that might work, but what if they do not appear? I have had things stolen, caught my cleaning girl red handed, and it is a terrible feeling. She took about 10,000.00 worth of stuff over a period of weeks...put them in garbage bags and acted like she was dumping trash, then put it in her car...I finallly got wise, but would ask her all of the time if she had seen my things...the answer was always no.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2007 8:15:07 PM
Author: Harriet
Date: 4/15/2007 7:34:39 PM

Author: Tacori E-ring

I personally like drops to be larger than the studs but that is just personal taste. I am sure they wouldn''t be too much.
As do I, but this is better than having the pearls lying around.

Then I would not use those studs. I am sure there is some other way to reuse the pearls.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Then, I''ll have to write both the studs and the housekeeper off. Thankfully, the studs aren''t too expensive.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
My granparent's had this happen too. Their housekeeper was a total Klepto. Found out she'd been in therapy for it and everything. My grandparent's used to keep a lot of cash in the house... she got a few grand from them. Funny thing is, they kept her on... and just locked everything up in their safe when she'd come over.
20.gif
Grandma said it was too much trouble to train a new housekeeper.... but the woman came over 4 days a week!!

It's totally not uncommon. I'm totally paranoid about it myself. When the maid came this week I had ALL my valuables locked in our storage compartment until after she left.

It never hurts to be ultra careful.

My mother won't let her maid come over unless she's home AND she watches over her, AND she locks everything up in her safe... and her purse in her car, locked, in the garage.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2007 10:08:27 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Then I would not use those studs. I am sure there is some other way to reuse the pearls.
I''m always open to suggestions!
1.gif

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
hi harriet! i think you are taking the wise approach. without some proof that the housekeeper had something to do with the earrings i would not involve her at all unless you were asking for help finding them.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you really think she stole, of course get rid of her, but this is tricky. You can of course let her go for a variety of reasons, and to me, once trust is gone, forget it. But there is the chance she did not touch them and they are around somewhere...

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2007 10:00:59 PM
I have 2 sets of pearls. The missing ones are bigger and match my pearl necklace (all from Mikimoto).
36.gif
I did see the thread in Who''s Who. That''s so sweet of you Harriet!
1.gif

I''m proud of you - you are definitely behaving yourself! I''m just worried what will happen when LM calls you with the "perfect" tsavorite.
2.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
The housekeeper is employed by quite a number of people in our building and has been so for years. I doubt she did it.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would tell her you are missing some earrings, can she please see if she comes across them while cleaning? Tell her the last place you recall having them and that you misplaced them. I tend to doubt it too, but you never know.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2007 10:16:10 PM

I did see the thread in Who''s Who. That''s so sweet of you Harriet!
1.gif

I''m proud of you - you are definitely behaving yourself! I''m just worried what will happen when LM calls you with the ''perfect'' tsavorite.
2.gif
9.gif

I think the perfect tsavorite will be so hard to find that I''ll have to grab it. Do you think LM will mark it up? Should I call dealers myself?

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2007 10:28:00 PM
I think the perfect tsavorite will be so hard to find that I'll have to grab it. Do you think LM will mark it up? Should I call dealers myself?
I would do just like you are doing and continue to look around yourself. Whoever finds one first, I suppose.

I don't know what LM's policy is for sourcing stones. I wouldn't be surprised if you wind up paying retail. He probably would get it wholesale and charge a "finder's fee" or take a cut. I don't know that for sure, but I would assume he needs to pay for his time.

By the way, did you ever consider a home safe?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Who have you asked to source coloured stones for you?

I have considered a home safe, but I'm not sure I leave enough valuables around to justify one.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t have a home safe here... but I had one in NJ. It''s just piece of mind, IMO.

Hope you find them!!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you! It helps that we''re on the 27th floor.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2007 10:41:36 PM
Who have you asked to source coloured stones for you?
I have considered a home safe, but I'm not sure I leave enough valuables around to justify one.
I've used different people over the years. For a while I had a gem dealer in St. Thomas. "Barry" at Gemnation is well connected and can find you just about anything.

You can get a small safe for about $200 - they're heavy though!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks! A funny story -- my dad is talking about buying a safe and putting it in some obvious, but not too obvious, part of their house. That way, if a burglar comes, he''ll just carry away the safe and not destroy anything or hurt anyone. Oh, and my dad wants to put a packet of peanuts in the safe. Haha!

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2007 11:01:34 PM
Thanks! A funny story -- my dad is talking about buying a safe and putting it in some obvious, but not too obvious, part of their house. That way, if a burglar comes, he''ll just carry away the safe and not destroy anything or hurt anyone. Oh, and my dad wants to put a packet of peanuts in the safe. Haha!
That''s such a clever idea! Your dad is too cute.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
My mother and I can''t decide if that''s a clever or dumb idea.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
I can just see the two of you ganging up on your dad! Ha-ha!

I think the thing to do is bolt the safe down, inside a closet or a heavy piece of furniture and actually use it for the intended purpose. My guess is, the thief will probably rifle through all of the places you thought were so clever to hide stuff anyway.

elle

Shiny_Rock
Think it should be relatively easy and affordable - being as they just need to remove the post and insert a jacket post in. Such a sweet yet elegant look!

Hope you find your studs! I hate having to suspect someone - esp someone who is in my own home. Go with your gut feeling about your help though and just don''t leave stuff around.

I''ve resorted to safe deposit boxes at the bank for what I have left after the burglars took our entire safe out the window - it wan''t easy but it is feasible. Alarms are useless - by the time the cops come - the thieves are gone. Plus the cops just tell you to check the pawn stores if you want to get your stuff back. Hiding is only good if you have excellent memory! I''ve friends STILL looking for stuff they hid last year!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Elle,
My sympathies.

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/15/2007 10:00:59 PM

Date: 4/15/2007 9:57:00 PM
Hi Harriet. I think the pearl drops are a great idea. I''m confused though - you had 2 sets of pearls, then one set disappeared, and this is the remaining set? Or are these the replacement set? Doesn''t matter, just wondering.

By the way, I love your recycling projects. You are being really smart about using what you have!
1.gif
I would definitely do the necklace first - I really want to see you using your Lucida.
Hey there,
36.gif
Harriet-
Another fabulous idea!
I think having pearl dangle-jackets made for your diamond studs is a GREAT idea! I love recycling projects, unfortunately I am not in a position right now to start any of my own, so it''s wonderful to live vicariously through you.

These could be gorgeous wedding earrings- don''t know if you had considered that?

I hope you find your new pearl studs. I got a nice pair 2 Christmas''s ago from my parents- I bought a pair of large "fakies" to try on wedding dresses and loved the look of them, so my mom got me real ones (a tad smaller) as a gift- now I have my old smaller ones and I might steal this dangle idea from you once I get my stud-recycling project complete!

Also I thought I lost my newer larger pearl studs and when I moved I found them- they were in a jewelry box on my nightstand hiding- I can''t sleep w/ them in- also I take them off when I use the phone for a while- so check by your phone and in little "hiding places" I was SO happy when I found them, made moving a little more worth it!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Harriet,
I love your dog avatar; I think you should keep it. I was sad when you changed your dog to your ring. I think your ring is gorgeous, but baby''s and doggie''s make people happy.
9.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dtnyc,
Thanks! Steal away -- my idea is hardly original. I''m happy you found your studs.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Skippy,
Your avatar makes me smile.
1.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks dear
9.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I dropped off the pearls today!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Yay!!! Are you having a local jeweler make the drops?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results