shape
carat
color
clarity

Recommended PriceScope RBC proportions - project to establish some guidelines

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for that, makes sense! Is there an optimum table size then?

As with the comments on angles in the other thread, there is a range of table sizes that work - there is not one single number that is an optimum.

Which you prefer depends on your taste. White light preference? Larger table. Fire preference? Smaller table. Larger stone? Smaller table will probably look better.

This is all contained within the Table Garry drew up on the previous page.

act1980

Shiny_Rock
As with the comments on angles in the other thread, there is a range of table sizes that work - there is not one single number that is an optimum.

Which you prefer depends on your taste. White light preference? Larger table. Fire preference? Smaller table. Larger stone? Smaller table will probably look better.

This is all contained within the Table Garry drew up on the previous page.

I assume 58 is the top end of the smaller table then? That will surely give off the same fire as a 56 as long as the crown 36+ and pavilion is 40.6+? Thats my understanding anyway.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I assume 58 is the top end of the smaller table then? That will surely give off the same fire as a 56 as long as the crown 36+ and pavilion is 40.6+? Thats my understanding anyway.

Quantification of Fire and other light performance metrics/characteristics is something that Serg and Garry have been doing during work on Cutwise / Octonus.

I am not certain as to the answer to your question but it may be worth checking it out and coming back with your findings / thoughts:

act1980

Shiny_Rock
Also, I checked some measurements in the chart thats been uploaded on this thread, the stone comes under "Fiery Balanced" as it has a 58 table with a 35.5 crown and 40.6 pavilion. The other chart I checked (which I've attached, the stone comes within the "Ideal" range. However, the HCA Tool gives a score of 4.3. How does the diamond check out on both of these charts but only gets that score?
Screenshot 2020-10-28 at 08.19.09.png
Screenshot 2020-10-28 at 08.17.16.png

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Also, I checked some measurements in the chart thats been uploaded on this thread, the stone comes under "Fiery Balanced" as it has a 58 table with a 35.5 crown and 40.6 pavilion. The other chart I checked (which I've attached, the stone comes within the "Ideal" range. However, the HCA Tool gives a score of 4.3. How does the diamond check out on both of these charts but only gets that score?
Screenshot 2020-10-28 at 08.19.09.png
Screenshot 2020-10-28 at 08.17.16.png

You entered the pavilion depth % instead of the pavilion angle.

act1980

Shiny_Rock
When I entered the information manually it only gives Very Good light return

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I entered the GIA number and thats what it generated

Data entry mistake from the vendor / manufacturer. But this thread is not for discussions like this - post your diamond and ask the members for their help please.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results