shape
carat
color
clarity

Recommendations for diamond earring setter work in NYC? pl help

Jooj

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I recently became the proud owner of my mom's amazing quality 1ctw diamond stud earrings. They are stunning. Only issue is I need to change the setting and have the diamonds re-set in the new ones. The settings now are too short for me and are screw back which I'm totally not cool with. I'll looking for plat martini set with protektors...I just don't know anyone reputable in NYC to do this job.

Any NYC recommendations much appreciated. Will post pics of these beauties once transformed :)

-Julie

jp201845

Brilliant_Rock
Hi,

I recently became the proud owner of my mom's amazing quality 1ctw diamond stud earrings. They are stunning. Only issue is I need to change the setting and have the diamonds re-set in the new ones. The settings now are too short for me and are screw back which I'm totally not cool with. I'll looking for plat martini set with protektors...I just don't know anyone reputable in NYC to do this job.

Any NYC recommendations much appreciated. Will post pics of these beauties once transformed :)

-Julie

I've had a project done by GemKraft in NYC and happy with the results. Ask for Marcel he's across the street from GIA headquarters. Another vendor that's recommended is ID jewelers.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

-Julie

Congrats and what an exciting project. Adam at OWD has a great bench person and I would trust him completely to do this for you. But call and see if he is willing to have his bench person do it. He's highly skilled. That is who I would want to do this project.

Jooj

Rough_Rock
Thank you both!!

Q

Queenie60

I recommend Yekutiel at ID Jewelry. Good luck and we look forward to seeing your new earrings!

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've always been happy with the in-house bench at Greenwich St. Jewelers in lower Manhattan (on Trinity Place & just steps away from the Rector St. stations for the 1 and N/R/W subway lines).

Jooj

Rough_Rock
I've always been happy with the in-house bench at Greenwich St. Jewelers in lower Manhattan (on Trinity Place & just steps away from the Rector St. stations for the 1 and N/R/W subway lines).

Thanks! I thought of them but wondered if their prices might be too high...What do you think?

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
YMMV (it's been 4-5 years since my last project with them), but I thought what they charged me was reasonable, not "over the top;" felt very comfortable with them doing the work; was very pleased with the results; and I certainly wouldn't hesitate to use them again!. According to their current FAQ page, the bench staff won't give price quotes over the phone, but you don't need to make an appointment for a price quote.

I think Greenwich St. Jewelers is a great example of what a brick-and-mortar jewelry shop should be. An eclectic range of merchandise, from very traditional/classic to contemporary, even "edgy" pieces, & in my experience, the staff -- both the sales assistants & bench personnel -- are friendly but very professional. Not snooty, but also not overly "familiar;" truly informative and helpful, not pushy. So I don't think you should feel at all shy about popping in.

Best to go, if possible, at an "off" time, i.e., not between 12 noon - 2 pm on weekdays -- and I generally avoid going there on weekends, especially because that's when they host "trunk shows" and other special events.

Jooj

Rough_Rock
YMMV (it's been 4-5 years since my last project with them), but I thought what they charged me was reasonable, not "over the top;" felt very comfortable with them doing the work; was very pleased with the results; and I certainly wouldn't hesitate to use them again!. According to their current FAQ page, the bench staff won't give price quotes over the phone, but you don't need to make an appointment for a price quote.

I think Greenwich St. Jewelers is a great example of what a brick-and-mortar jewelry shop should be. An eclectic range of merchandise, from very traditional/classic to contemporary, even "edgy" pieces, & in my experience, the staff -- both the sales assistants & bench personnel -- are friendly but very professional. Not snooty, but also not overly "familiar;" truly informative and helpful, not pushy. So I don't think you should feel at all shy about popping in.

Best to go, if possible, at an "off" time, i.e., not between 12 noon - 2 pm on weekdays -- and I generally avoid going there on weekends, especially because that's when they host "trunk shows" and other special events.
Thank you- this is super helpful info. I'm going to head over there tomorrow and check them out. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results