shape
carat
color
clarity

Recommendation for star-shaped diamond necklace

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

/Michael\

Rough_Rock
WF_Diamond_Set.jpg

I appreciate the assistance already offered here. There was a change in plans and I have postponed this gift until distracting circumstances have subsided. In the meantime I would like to find a matching ring for this set. I realize this gets more subjective yet I believe I can navigate through the aesthetics. I like the idea of .5 ct earrings, a .75 ct necklace and a 1 ct ring. However the ring could also be a pave setting of smaller diamonds. I would like this ring to stand on its own (meaning a token of love not associated with anything else) yet the option to use it as an engagement ring would be advantageous. I might even line up two or more options then make the final decision when I am ready to give the gift.

If the ring is a solitaire I need it to be of similar quality. The ring buget would range from $2500-$5000

Thank you again and in advance if anyone would like to assist with this.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think a split shank would be nice.
Like this one: link

Or this: link

Or this: link

Style wise, they could either be an engagement ring or some other kind of ring....IMHO of course.

/Michael\

Rough_Rock
Looks like I am going to need to up the budget some to get into a 1 ct with similar settings.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am going to say please do not give a ring until you are ready to give an engagement ring. That is the only kind of solitaire a girl would want, and I think it would confuse her to be given a solitaire ring that is not engagement ring. The earrings and pendant are already a perfect and generous gift! And when you decide you are ready for the commitment of marriage, then get her the 1 ct. diamond solitaire (in the Legato Sleek Line setting).

/Michael\

Rough_Rock
Date: 6/18/2008 10:16:12 AM
Author: diamondseeker2006
I am going to say please do not give a ring until you are ready to give an engagement ring. That is the only kind of solitaire a girl would want, and I think it would confuse her to be given a solitaire ring that is not engagement ring. The earrings and pendant are already a perfect and generous gift! And when you decide you are ready for the commitment of marriage, then get her the 1 ct. diamond solitaire (in the Legato Sleek Line setting).

Thank you for the advice regarding possible confusion or hurt feelings. That is invaluable information to consider.

I am already married to this woman in my heart. There was a moment when I felt something and I stated the words "I married this woman" in my mind and it was done. I have included consideration for her in everything since.

She could always decline a proposal. This is why the ring needs to be something that stands on its own. My intent is for her to keep the gift regardless. I could also give the earrings and necklace separate from the ring depending on the duration of these distracting circumstances. This is quite likely as it would help her get through the difficulties she is experiencing. It would not be a good idea to propose when so many things are going on.

I like the simplicity of this Legato suggestion as well as the Divisi with the pave diamond shank.
(EDIT: I could not detach this image to replace it so see next post)

Divisi-Legato.jpg

/Michael\

Rough_Rock
I would like to see the Legato together with the band. Just viewing these images I like the Divisi combination better.

Divisi-Legato3.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good choice on the ring selections. I think you have the right idea with waiting to propose. May I inquire as to how long you have been with this woman?

JEEEZ I want my bf to go, "I will get her a necklace. But wait, why stop there, earrings too! But wait, why stop there, a lovely ring too!"

25.gif
25.gif
25.gif
The rings are great! I love all of whiteflashes stuff..

/Michael\

Rough_Rock
Does anyone have experiences with rings shaped like these?

Do the designs look comfortable to wear?

As for the length of time I have been with this woman, I've known her for about 3 years. We have been together since November of 2007. This will sound very love struck and filled with stardust. It really exists in its own time, space and with its own set of conditions. It is something that does not fit within the scope of common experience and tradition. Typical guidelines and practices do not apply and if I have relied on them it has created problems. So from the beginning it has been a sort of intuitive heart-driven path that has lead me to this point.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results