shape
carat
color
clarity

Received new CAD - Are these prongs too large? Advice wanted

kris10d

Rough_Rock
Hey guys. Since my last post, I have received some updated CADS and I wanted opinions on the prong size. I am trying to get a look similar to the HOF beloved style. One thing I am trying to avoid though is the "flowery" look, so I have been leaning towards larger prongs in between the melee stones to help avoid this. This situation has led me to where I am now. I have 2 different CADs shown below side-by-side. One with smaller prongs and one with larger. I am looking for opinions, because I know CAD images aren't always consistent with what it will look like in real life.

I have also included the real-life images of the HOF ring, as well as what their website picture shows. Please let me know your thoughts!

cad_side_by_side.png

20160513_141930.jpg

20160513_142143.jpg

20160513_141818.jpg

kris10d

Rough_Rock
Re: Received new CAD - Are these prongs too large? Advice wa

Here is the ring shown on the HOF website. The prongs looks much larger here than in person.

_1176.png

spen15

Rough_Rock

I would opt for the smaller prongs, when rings are clean and polished the prongs always look great but when they inevitably dirty up a bit then in my opinion (from my own ring) you get a polka dot effect and it takes away from the diamonds. My sister in law has a similar style and it doesn't look flowery just looks like a huge stone from a distance- really pretty style. What size is the halo?

kris10d

Rough_Rock

spen15|1463176442|4031443 said:
I would opt for the smaller prongs, when rings are clean and polished the prongs always look great but when they inevitably dirty up a bit then in my opinion (from my own ring) you get a polka dot effect and it takes away from the diamonds. My sister in law has a similar style and it doesn't look flowery just looks like a huge stone from a distance- really pretty style. What size is the halo?

The halo stones are 6 pointers, the center is 1.1. Thank you for your input. I'm having a hard time deciding between the two. While I do not prefer a more flowerly look, I don't want to smother the top-down view with metal in order to achieve that.

kris10d

Rough_Rock

Any other thoughts? Does anybody know how accurate the CADs are to how the prongs look in real life?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results