shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your CS set in black rhodium or blackened silver, please!

Neptune

Ideal_Rock
Intrigued by pieces done by the following artists, designers, & vendors,

Hemmerle
h.jpg

Fabio Salini
f.jpg

Eva Fehren Bespoke
e.jpg

David Klass
dk.jpg

& 100+ year old farmhouse nails,
nail.jpg

I decided to set my AGL heated Ceylon sapphire like this using platinum head and darken 14K gold shank.
6035.jpg

The "twins" are set in slightly darken 18k white gold.
6087.jpg

I apologize for such a long post. Can you tell that I'm just mad about this metal choice!?

Last edited:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock

Hemmerle
h.jpg

Fabio Salini
f.jpg

Eva Fehren Bespoke
e.jpg

David Klass
dk.jpg

nail.jpg

I decided to set my sapphire like this using platinum head and darken 14K gold shank.
6035.jpg

6087.jpg

I apologize for such a long post. Can you tell that I'm just mad about this metal choice!?

We need more details about that amazing looking sapphire! :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Saw this important detail from the linked thread to @kevnick80:

"I tend to just wear the rings on the weekend when I’m not working. With black gold, the gold is rhodium plated and can easily scratch. That’s the downside to it. Looks fantastic though."

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@2Neezers , how is your project going, any updates?

Thank you for reminding me to follow up on my post! My jeweler did add black rhodium to my ring and I like it!
The sapphire in the ring is purplish-pink, but it definitely looks more lavender than it did before the black rhodium was added. Maybe it’s because there is a bit of the blackened metal under the sapphire reflecting into the stone.. 5619E3A9-71C6-4135-A17A-F741C40DD4EF.jpeg

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Hemmerle
h.jpg

Fabio Salini
f.jpg

Eva Fehren Bespoke
e.jpg

David Klass
dk.jpg

nail.jpg

I decided to set my AGL heated Ceylon sapphire like this using platinum head and darken 14K gold shank.
6035.jpg

6087.jpg

I saw your ring when it was posted on Instagram and it stopped me in my tracks! It’s stunning :kiss2:

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for reminding me to follow up on my post! My jeweler did add black rhodium to my ring and I like it!
The sapphire in the ring is purplish-pink, but it definitely looks more lavender than it did before the black rhodium was added. Maybe it’s because there is a bit of the blackened metal under the sapphire reflecting into the stone.. 5619E3A9-71C6-4135-A17A-F741C40DD4EF.jpeg

Oooh, I like that addition! I like it a looooot.

Neptune

Ideal_Rock

Feminine with an edge, care to share a hand shot with us?

Neptune

Ideal_Rock
Saw this important detail from the linked thread to @kevnick80:

"I tend to just wear the rings on the weekend when I’m not working. With black gold, the gold is rhodium plated and can easily scratch. That’s the downside to it. Looks fantastic though."

I’ve heard that too. So far my 18k holds up well after years and will report back about the 14k if otherwise.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@2Neezers , how is your project going, any updates?

Sharing @kevnick80 's smashing collection for reference.

1661036907461.png

1661036954112.png

wow !
:appl:
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Timor

Shiny_Rock
Such a cool thread! Loving all the untraditional pieces.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results