shape
carat
color
clarity

Re: Could you spare some dust for my hubby?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
prayers outgoing

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
Dust and prayers for your family.
And ditto about the curability and slow-progressiveness. My DH''s grandpop has prostate cancer - he found out about 12 years ago, and at 81, chose not to treat it at all. He just celebrated his 93rd birthday.
Positive vibes for negative scans!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
So so sorry! Loads of dust!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am hoping for the best...much dust your way and hugs!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Isaku, my most positive thoughts and vibes (and dust of course) going out to your husband and you/your family. I hope the results come back that the cancer is contained in the one area.

If I may share an anecdote with you...the jeweler I use here employs a wonderful SA who had prostate cancer several years ago and went with the implanted seeds for treatment. He shared with me that they were made of 14k gold. It was really TMI, but he was so sweet/funny/kind that I had to laugh--he was trying to relate to me about something I had shared with him about my father''s health. I don''t have a point in telling you this, I just thought it was cute and that a fellow PS''er would enjoy it!

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Isaku, tons of dust and healing vibes coming your husband''s way, and yours as well. I hope the next set of test results come back with better news. I''ll be thinking of you.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all so much for the *dust* and well wishes of all kinds. We both appreciate you taking the time to post.

HappyAnniversary, thanks for the website; I''ll be sure to check it out. Another site that I''ve found helpful is called Healing Well. It''s a forum for many diseases, but their Prostate Cancer section is particularly active and very helpful. I never would have thought that so many men would be so willing to freely share information about their ''privates''.
9.gif

HappyAnniversary

Shiny_Rock
Yea, some of those guys hold back nothing!! We still don''t know results. Will post when we do.I have been reading that site, I bet there isn''t a site online I haven''t looked at and I hope all this time I''ve spent has been a total waste and we get to stop thinking about cancer!!! How long after biopsy before you got your results? Are you going to get them read by second pathologist? I am sending all good thoughts and prayers your way!!

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
We had to wait over two weeks for the biopsy results as both our PCP and our Urologist were on vacation. It really was a nail-biting time, but once the appointment was set up for the results, it was even worse. Both of us tried to show brave faces, but when we heard the bad news, we were shocked. This was a diagnosis for ''other people'', certainly not for us.

I''m not sure whether another pathologist would be helpful at this point. Apparently, ten ''samples/cores'' were taken and four of those on the left side were malignant. On the right side, there was one spoiled sample and another that was suspicious. Of course, that adds up to only six. What about the other four? We asked about that, but were told that those six were the only ones mentioned. That alone sounds suspicious to me, but even if the other four were ''normal'', there are still four definitely malignant. I''m not sure whether having another pathologist look at the samples would do any good.

Yes, please let me know what the results of your hubby''s biopsies were - I''d really appreciate it.
35.gif

HappyAnniversary

Shiny_Rock
The purpose of a second opinion is that treatment is recommended according to the Gleason score , if the score is not correct, you and your doctor''s treatment decision making is being based on wrong info. Grading is an art, and some people are better at it than others--and there are nationally known facilities that are very good at it. Many diff sites recommended getting second opinion. Not that they are going to say it is not cancer but what level of malignancy is it?

http://www.psa-rising.com/prostatecancer/biopsy.htm

Did anyone mention a Gleason score? Did they say what % of the core was malignant? You should get info like: Gleason score 3 + 3 =6, 5% of core involved. I think each core that is malignant is supposed to have its own unique Gleason scoring and %.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Yes, we received a Gleason score of 3 + 3 = 6, but were not told the Gleason score of every malignant core. I will make a note of that and speak to the Urologist about it. Thanks a million for mentioning that. I have a DRE that is clear, but not the last volume of the prostate. In May, it was 38cc. which is irrelevant at this point. ETA: His latest PSA is 2.8 up from 2.4 six months ago.

Anything else that comes to mind, please let me know.

Thanks again.

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
I am so sorry to hear that your husband has cancer. I will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers.

JSM

Brilliant_Rock
I''m sorry to hear this, and hope that the prognosis is good for your dear husband.

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sending good wishes your way! My dad had prostate cancer, and has been cancer free for 7 years now. He went with the implanted seeds treatment, and everything went really well. I hope the same for you and your husband.

HappyAnniversary

Shiny_Rock
isaku--I did a litte more reading and it looks like your final score is just the highest grade out of all of the cores. So if most are 6 but one is 7 then you have a score of 7, so once that is determined it doesn't really matter what the other ones are. It is so odd that 3 weeks ago I knew nothing about prostate cancer and today I am offering info like I "know something" when really " I just stayed at a Holiday Inn last night". LOL I think I'd better leave the particulars for the prostate forums and stick with "dusting" from now on.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for clearing that up for both of us
1.gif

I was curious about the website you mentioned, and went over for a look last night. Lots of info there too!!

This is becoming almost a full-time job. When hubby saw what I was looking at last night, he told me to "Give it a break..."
9.gif

I replied that I would as soon as he was ''clear''.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Sending lots of dust to your husband. Hopefully everything goes well.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Thank you too to DivaDiamond, jsm and deegree for taking the time to write a caring post.
35.gif

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
isaku5, I'm so sorry to hear of this news. I can't imagine how scary this must be for you both. I am praying for you both and sending lots of dust for the best possible results.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dust and prayers going out for you.

HappyAnniversary

Shiny_Rock
I called Dr about biopsy and they still don''t have it , but I found they sent it to who I would have sent it to for a second opinion, Bostwick pathology(in Virginia?), so there goes another change in my recommendations. And yes, Isaku, most of my research has been clandestine, he said I don''t want every conversation we have from now on to be about PCa.

BTW, it that your Santa kitty? The pic to too cute!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Dust galore! Prayers across the miles.....

kind regards, Sharon

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending heaps of positive vibes to you and your hubby isaku, what a frightening thing to discover. Urology is my speciality at work, and we treat so many men with this type of cancer, another big ditto to its treatability! I''ll be thinking of you guys, do keep up posted sweetheart.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/3/2009 9:08:50 AM
Author: Lynnie
Dust and prayers for your family.
And ditto about the curability and slow-progressiveness. My DH''s grandpop has prostate cancer - he found out about 12 years ago, and at 81, chose not to treat it at all. He just celebrated his 93rd birthday.
Positive vibes for negative scans!
Fantastic. My grandfather has lived with prostate cancer for 15 years and won''t have it treated either, he''s a stubborn old bugger, God love him!
2.gif

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so very much for the dust and prayers. We''re praying too along with our family.

Joflier, DandiAndi, Bliss, diamondrnglover, and canuck-gal Thank you to each and every one of you

HappyAnniversary : Here''s hoping there''s good news from Bostwick Pathology soon! Yes, that''s my official Santa kitty for this year. I can''t remember where I saw him originally, but had to have one just like him!
9.gif

In the FWIW category: Since we live in Canada, we''ve had no out of pocket expenses for any of these tests nor do we expect any for future treatment, if necessary. Believe me, that takes a load off our minds.
36.gif
35.gif

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
One of my coworkers just got diagnosed with prostate cancer. I can''t say that I can give any helpful advice, but of course I will give support. I can get his number for your husband. I am sure that both of them would appreciate talking to someone who is going through the exact same thing.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
(((((hugs))))) lots of dust and glows headed toward you and your husband!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just checking in today to see how you and your husband are doing, Isaku.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Isaku
I ran this by my husband, who is a urologist. He said a Gleason score of 6 is relatively low and almost certainly curable with treatment. (radiation or surgery) Hope that is helpful.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Isabel, I am sorry to hear this; sending lots of healing prayers and vibes to you and your dear husband during this difficult time.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results