shape
carat
color
clarity

RB with traps, could it work?

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
I am currently looking into a forever and ever setting ( ;)) ) for my new 1.7 RB
http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/8071/

I quite fancy some more finger real estate and have been looking at halo's and three stones. Nothing so far has caught my eye, plus it has to go alongside my (overly large but lovin it) eternity. See avatar. <<<<<<<--------------------------

Anyway, I was browsing the wonderful Mr Mege website and came across the R841. Now I doubt I would ever have the funds to work with Mr M, but I was just wondering, have you ever seen anything with a RB and traps? I think I prefer step cut traps to brilliants, but I am only just starting to formulate a ring in my head.

So thoughts please and examples would be even better. Oh and don't hold back if you think it would be awful ( :nono: )with my current set up, I am just thinking out loud.

I would love to hear any alternatives you might think would be better. I am really looking for direction.

Thank you!!!!!!

r841_004Ww.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Honestly, I think the best match for your eternity will be a three stone with sides the same size as the eternity stones!

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Dreamer, I had hoped you would spot the first topic on my setting search.

So another 2 x 30 pointers. Thats do able. Just not sure if it is exciting enough, if you see what I mean. :saint:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just can't see traps with a round, to be honest. Aside from round sides, my favorite is side pears, like Kaleigh's ring and others.

Oh, and you will have to wear a plain spacer band between your eternity ring and engagement ring because those large stones in the eternity will ruin your e-ring prongs!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it would work beautifully. The Tacori 2628 which has cadillac stones. It has a halo, but it is very small. Costco gets a three
stone ring with blue traps but it is sold out right now or I would post a picture. It is a ring they carry pretty consistently so I would
just keep my eye out for it.

show_image_in_imgtag.php.jpeg

t5_1271536855.Tacori_2628RDSP_multi.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think with the right proportions it could work. I think that it worked in the link provided of the PSer with the 2.17ct RB and .44 traps, so I think you would need to go with something along the lines of .30 or .33 in that range in order for it to work.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a very clear recollection of the type of ring you describe, Susie, I will try to find it later. A PSer has one.

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1306796441|2934007 said:
I just can't see traps with a round, to be honest. Aside from round sides, my favorite is side pears, like Kaleigh's ring and others.

Oh, and you will have to wear a plain spacer band between your eternity ring and engagement ring because those large stones in the eternity will ruin your e-ring prongs!

Hi DS2006 :wavey:

Thank you for your reply!
I do take on board what you are saying. I adore Kaleigh's ring and it is in my inspiration folder. My real fear is because I am only a size 4.5, I might not be able to fit substantial sized pears to fit. I do not want accents. I want it to be a definite 3 stone.
I do currently wear a spacer. I near ruined a temp setting before I got it!!! :-o

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Hospatogi|1306799862|2934053 said:

Hostpatogi, Thank you!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

I love this ring!! This will be a big help in deciding how to take this project forward! It has really helped my visualize my ideas!!! :wavey:

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
luv2sparkle|1306800134|2934057 said:
I think it would work beautifully. The Tacori 2628 which has cadillac stones. It has a halo, but it is very small. Costco gets a three
stone ring with blue traps but it is sold out right now or I would post a picture. It is a ring they carry pretty consistently so I would
just keep my eye out for it.

luv2sparkle, Thank you!!! :wavey:

I do like the tacori one, it is in my inspiration folder too. It is has a little to much going on to wear it with my eternity but I do like the overall shape. :appl:

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Amys Bling|1306802133|2934094 said:
I think with the right proportions it could work. I think that it worked in the link provided of the PSer with the 2.17ct RB and .44 traps, so I think you would need to go with something along the lines of .30 or .33 in that range in order for it to work.
Hi Amy :wavey:
I like the proportions, you are right. I think I would like to see several pairs in different sizes along side my RB before I could choose. I really think I will have to do this in Australia (we move there in 2 weeks). I do not think I have the where with all to do a custom job long distance. :errrr:

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Dreamer_D|1306809009|2934204 said:
BINGO!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/rbs-with-step-cut-sidestones.104139/

Hmmmm.. no not the thread I was thinking of. I will keep looking.

Thank you Dreamer!! :appl:

I am trawling through searches at the moment and not really getting anywhere. you all seem to be more successful than me!!!

However, I am getting a clearer picture in my head about what I would like to do.

Any other thoughts or inspiration pics would be gratefully received! :wavey:

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Here is a close up of my current set. :wavey:

DSC03304_2.JPG

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have always loved the look of the a round with the side traps! I love the Tacori, and I can't wait to see what you come up with.
I personally like the tapered traps that are a little bit larger that conform to the curve of the round. The smaller ones just kinda
look like they are sticking out to me, but it is totally a matter of personal taste.

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
luv2sparkle|1306869405|2934637 said:
I have always loved the look of the a round with the side traps! I love the Tacori, and I can't wait to see what you come up with.
I personally like the tapered traps that are a little bit larger that conform to the curve of the round. The smaller ones just kinda
look like they are sticking out to me, but it is totally a matter of personal taste.

Me too, me too!!!
I want larger side stones. I don't want accents, I want a distinctive 3 stone, if you know what I mean. :bigsmile:
Still searching for for inspiration pictures, but having to move continents keeps getting in my way!!! (off to Australia 2 weeks tomorrow!!)

Thanks luv2sparkle!!! :wavey:

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
bigdiamondtinygal|1306870123|2934641 said:

Now that is beautiful!!! :love:

I think I want bigger stones and more tapered, so my finger has more diamond coverage. I will add that to my inspiration folder though!!

Thank you bigdiamondtinygal! :wavey:

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
This kind of proportions but with step cut traps not trilliants? Thoughts? :bigsmile:

148_sm.jpg

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
A few antique settings that caught my eye. I would replace the sides with traps, but like the proportions and how the centre stones are set.

28_Picture 023.jpg

46_Picture 001.jpg

3_Picture 210.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results