Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

RB with traps, could it work?

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,802
I am currently looking into a forever and ever setting ( ;)) ) for my new 1.7 RB
http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/8071/

I quite fancy some more finger real estate and have been looking at halo's and three stones. Nothing so far has caught my eye, plus it has to go alongside my (overly large but lovin it) eternity. See avatar. <<<<<<<--------------------------

Anyway, I was browsing the wonderful Mr Mege website and came across the R841. Now I doubt I would ever have the funds to work with Mr M, but I was just wondering, have you ever seen anything with a RB and traps? I think I prefer step cut traps to brilliants, but I am only just starting to formulate a ring in my head.

So thoughts please and examples would be even better. Oh and don't hold back if you think it would be awful ( :nono: )with my current set up, I am just thinking out loud.

I would love to hear any alternatives you might think would be better. I am really looking for direction.

Thank you!!!!!!

r841_004Ww.jpg
 

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Dec 16, 2007
Messages
24,364
Honestly, I think the best match for your eternity will be a three stone with sides the same size as the eternity stones!
 

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,802
Thanks Dreamer, I had hoped you would spot the first topic on my setting search.

So another 2 x 30 pointers. Thats do able. Just not sure if it is exciting enough, if you see what I mean. :saint:
 

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 11, 2006
Messages
56,120
I just can't see traps with a round, to be honest. Aside from round sides, my favorite is side pears, like Kaleigh's ring and others.

Oh, and you will have to wear a plain spacer band between your eternity ring and engagement ring because those large stones in the eternity will ruin your e-ring prongs!
 

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Feb 3, 2008
Messages
7,788
I think it would work beautifully. The Tacori 2628 which has cadillac stones. It has a halo, but it is very small. Costco gets a three
stone ring with blue traps but it is sold out right now or I would post a picture. It is a ring they carry pretty consistently so I would
just keep my eye out for it.

show_image_in_imgtag.php.jpeg

t5_1271536855.Tacori_2628RDSP_multi.jpg
 

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jun 25, 2010
Messages
11,025
I think with the right proportions it could work. I think that it worked in the link provided of the PSer with the 2.17ct RB and .44 traps, so I think you would need to go with something along the lines of .30 or .33 in that range in order for it to work.
 

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Dec 16, 2007
Messages
24,364
I have a very clear recollection of the type of ring you describe, Susie, I will try to find it later. A PSer has one.
 

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,802

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,802
diamondseeker2006|1306796441|2934007 said:
I just can't see traps with a round, to be honest. Aside from round sides, my favorite is side pears, like Kaleigh's ring and others.

Oh, and you will have to wear a plain spacer band between your eternity ring and engagement ring because those large stones in the eternity will ruin your e-ring prongs!
Hi DS2006 :wavey:

Thank you for your reply!
I do take on board what you are saying. I adore Kaleigh's ring and it is in my inspiration folder. My real fear is because I am only a size 4.5, I might not be able to fit substantial sized pears to fit. I do not want accents. I want it to be a definite 3 stone.
I do currently wear a spacer. I near ruined a temp setting before I got it!!! :-o
 

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,802
Hospatogi|1306799862|2934053 said:

Hostpatogi, Thank you!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

I love this ring!! This will be a big help in deciding how to take this project forward! It has really helped my visualize my ideas!!! :wavey:
 

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,802
luv2sparkle|1306800134|2934057 said:
I think it would work beautifully. The Tacori 2628 which has cadillac stones. It has a halo, but it is very small. Costco gets a three
stone ring with blue traps but it is sold out right now or I would post a picture. It is a ring they carry pretty consistently so I would
just keep my eye out for it.
luv2sparkle, Thank you!!! :wavey:

I do like the tacori one, it is in my inspiration folder too. It is has a little to much going on to wear it with my eternity but I do like the overall shape. :appl:
 

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,802
Amys Bling|1306802133|2934094 said:
I think with the right proportions it could work. I think that it worked in the link provided of the PSer with the 2.17ct RB and .44 traps, so I think you would need to go with something along the lines of .30 or .33 in that range in order for it to work.
Hi Amy :wavey:
I like the proportions, you are right. I think I would like to see several pairs in different sizes along side my RB before I could choose. I really think I will have to do this in Australia (we move there in 2 weeks). I do not think I have the where with all to do a custom job long distance. :errrr:
 

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,802
Dreamer_D|1306809009|2934204 said:
BINGO!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/rbs-with-step-cut-sidestones.104139/

Hmmmm.. no not the thread I was thinking of. I will keep looking.
Thank you Dreamer!! :appl:

I am trawling through searches at the moment and not really getting anywhere. you all seem to be more successful than me!!!

However, I am getting a clearer picture in my head about what I would like to do.

Any other thoughts or inspiration pics would be gratefully received! :wavey:
 

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,802
Here is a close up of my current set. :wavey:

DSC03304_2.JPG
 

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Feb 3, 2008
Messages
7,788
I have always loved the look of the a round with the side traps! I love the Tacori, and I can't wait to see what you come up with.
I personally like the tapered traps that are a little bit larger that conform to the curve of the round. The smaller ones just kinda
look like they are sticking out to me, but it is totally a matter of personal taste.
 

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,802
luv2sparkle|1306869405|2934637 said:
I have always loved the look of the a round with the side traps! I love the Tacori, and I can't wait to see what you come up with.
I personally like the tapered traps that are a little bit larger that conform to the curve of the round. The smaller ones just kinda
look like they are sticking out to me, but it is totally a matter of personal taste.
Me too, me too!!!
I want larger side stones. I don't want accents, I want a distinctive 3 stone, if you know what I mean. :bigsmile:
Still searching for for inspiration pictures, but having to move continents keeps getting in my way!!! (off to Australia 2 weeks tomorrow!!)

Thanks luv2sparkle!!! :wavey:
 

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,802
bigdiamondtinygal|1306870123|2934641 said:
Now that is beautiful!!! :love:

I think I want bigger stones and more tapered, so my finger has more diamond coverage. I will add that to my inspiration folder though!!

Thank you bigdiamondtinygal! :wavey:
 

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,802
This kind of proportions but with step cut traps not trilliants? Thoughts? :bigsmile:

148_sm.jpg
 

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,802
A few antique settings that caught my eye. I would replace the sides with traps, but like the proportions and how the centre stones are set.

28_Picture 023.jpg

46_Picture 001.jpg

3_Picture 210.jpg
 
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Top 5 Honeymoon Destinations
    Top 5 Honeymoon Destinations
    Tennis Bracelet Love
    Tennis Bracelet Love
    Pretty Princess Cut
    Pretty Princess Cut

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor



Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.
Top