shape
carat
color
clarity

Rapper gets 11 carat pink diamond forehead piercing

MrsBlue

Brilliant_Rock
The diamond is really lovely, OMG that color!

But yeah, I'm with the rest of you all about the face part. I'm assuming its a publicity stunt, get his name in from of a larger audience by being in the papers. But man that's got to hurt!

lil uzi vert is already a famous rapper and I don't think that jamming a diamond into your forehead during a global pandemic is the type of publicity anyone wants but who knows???

I always wonder what it would be like to manage an artist who is terrible with money like this. You'd be like, so hey diversified investments blah blah blah and they're like how about a DIAMOND in my HEAD????

MrsBlue

Brilliant_Rock
I guess I’m super naive, but someone please explain how that is attached? And can he remove it to clean his face? And does his face moisturizer get all over it?

It's a dermal anchor. I've seen them on cheekbones and collarbones. Never a forehead though.

NicoleNeedsHelp

Brilliant_Rock
It's a dermal anchor. I've seen them on cheekbones and collarbones. Never a forehead though.

I just Goggled ”dermal anchor” . Wow! I didn‘t even know this was a thing. And, apparently Third Eye Piercings are a thing too! I like the idea of self expression, but, for me, there will be no dermal anchor in my forehead (Unless it will cover wrinkles, then I’m in!!).

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
lil uzi vert is already a famous rapper and I don't think that jamming a diamond into your forehead during a global pandemic is the type of publicity anyone wants but who knows???

I always wonder what it would be like to manage an artist who is terrible with money like this. You'd be like, so hey diversified investments blah blah blah and they're like how about a DIAMOND in my HEAD????

Far better-known musicians and celebrities (and brands in general) spend big bucks on all kinds of crazy publicity stunts. As the old saying goes, no publicity is bad publicity.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great way to ask to be mugged.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Don't worry, his body will reject the piercing over time.

Dermal piercings are suuuuper finicky, especially where skin is thin and tight. (I know because I have had a dermal piercing and know many people who have...*sigh* - it was a gross trend 10y+ yrs ago...).

Why does this matter?

Just wait in the bushes for that sucker to fall off his face! :lol:

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I saw this online and it looks really very painful.

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Seriously, that is a theft risk. It is a loss risk. It is an infection risk. He can‘t see it. He can‘t easily clean it. I love his style. But i don’t like permanent piercings on the forehead when a crown or forehead necklace would work great. A necklace would work great. A chunky halo on that pink diamond would create more drama. A ring would look great. The lone diamond really isn’t as royal as it could be. When he decides he doesn’t like the third eye look, I hope he does something equally dramatic in a removable, “artistic“ form factor.

Last edited:

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The cost per wear will be brilliant!
I wouldn’t mind a dermal filler diamond attached to my wrist or lower arm. At least I would be able to see it every day and wouldn’t have to worry about a thin DBTY style chain snapping.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Each to their own!

DK :roll2:

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was asking my husband this morning when he told me about this, “Who’s to say that while he was under anesthesia for the implant operation, that someone didn’t swap it out for a CZ?”

Egad!

HGar

Shiny_Rock
My teenagers tell me last night that the artist posted it had become infected?

MrsBlue

Brilliant_Rock
I was asking my husband this morning when he told me about this, “Who’s to say that while he was under anesthesia for the implant operation, that someone didn’t swap it out for a CZ?”

Egad!

Eeekk!

What if it's a mmd? Or an irradiated stone? I was under the impression that large FCDs were super rare so wouldn't this one be well-known already?

I keep thinking of the whole situation with Drew Brees.

P

Petalouda

This is honestly a safety risk. Advertising publicly that you paid 24 million for a diamond? A little googling can prove to anyone that pink diamonds are indeed rare. Anyone can beat him unconscious and rip it ( ouch!!!) out.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You say, "Anyone can beat him unconscious and rip it out?

... Hey, thanks for the great idea. :dance: :Up_to_something::Up_to_something::Up_to_something:

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
How is its insurance policy written?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results