color
clarity

Random pictures/stories of our furbabies

• Thread starter Deactivated member 42515
  • Start date

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I think the one I posted was a ‘skink’. I just saw this one on our front porch. His tail was a shiny blue color but I think he is a ‘color-changer’ :lol: because a minute later, here he is:
7BDEF8C8-9769-4658-BCDF-33999493947F.jpeg

Aside from this one looking shiny, they are identical. Maybe the other one has been sunning himself too much and dried out.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Actually now that I look at the two pics, they have different stripe patterns.:think:

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
37119452_10216801191210542_3927121845521743872_o.jpg
This is my balcony, which we all love to sit on when it starts getting warmer, like today! I call this piece of furniture the human dog bed. We all lay on it all summer and watch the people walk by. I think the dogs think it's ACTUALLY a DOG bed though - they are on it all of the time. Sometimes I have to squeeze myself in between them when they are stretched out :lol-2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is my balcony, which we all love to sit on when it starts getting warmer, like today! I call this piece of furniture the human dog bed. We all lay on it all summer and watch the people walk by. I think the dogs think it's ACTUALLY a DOG bed though - they are on it all of the time. Sometimes I have to squeeze myself in between them when they are stretched out :lol-2:

OMG I just want to hug the 2 of them! Look at their precious sweet faces. Just ready to give and get love. :kiss2:

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG I just want to hug the 2 of them! Look at their precious sweet faces. Just ready to give and get love. :kiss2:

They really are the sweetest - thank you! They love getting snuggled. We're getting ready for a new addition shortly also - super hopeful that everyone gets along. The human dog bed is plenty big enough for one more furry friend (but then my husband might not fit....)!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They really are the sweetest - thank you! They love getting snuggled. We're getting ready for a new addition shortly also - super hopeful that everyone gets along. The human dog bed is plenty big enough for one more furry friend (but then my husband might not fit....)!

@violet3 Let me ask you something as a fellow dog lover. My dh and I do not currently have a dog. One day we will get a rescue dog. Right now we have 4 rescue cats. Anyway I always stop and play and pet and hug dogs in the street. I love dogs so much.

I always ask their owners/dog walkers if it is OK for me to say hi to their dog. And generally the dog owners are very agreeable and pleasant and are fine with me saying hi to their dogs.

But I am curious is it ever an inconvenience to you? Would you tell the person asking the truth? I know it can be a time suck and if one is in a hurry I would hope that person would be honest and say sorry I'm in a rush. I wouldn't take it personally.

Just started thinking about this today because after I said hi to a dog this man was stopped several times on the same block and I thought oh no that poor guy cannot even get on with his day lol.

Of course also think if one has a dog it's one's responsibility to share the love. But my way of thinking isn't always everyone's cup of tea.:cheeky:

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@violet3 Let me ask you something as a fellow dog lover. My dh and I do not currently have a dog. One day we will get a rescue dog. Right now we have 4 rescue cats. Anyway I always stop and play and pet and hug dogs in the street. I love dogs so much.

I always ask their owners/dog walkers if it is OK for me to say hi to their dog. And generally the dog owners are very agreeable and pleasant and are fine with me saying hi to their dogs.

But I am curious is it ever an inconvenience to you? Would you tell the person asking the truth? I know it can be a time suck and if one is in a hurry I would hope that person would be honest and say sorry I'm in a rush. I wouldn't take it personally.

Just started thinking about this today because after I said hi to a dog this man was stopped several times on the same block and I thought oh no that poor guy cannot even get on with his day lol.

Of course also think if one has a dog it's one's responsibility to share the love. But my way of thinking isn't always everyone's cup of tea.:cheeky:

Great question! I'll tell you this, as a dog owner, I LOVE when people pet my dogs - the little one, Brodie, is SO starved for attention (just kidding) that he pulls to get to anyone walking in our path and just really wants them to stop and pet him. The other day a lady stopped for him on our way back from the beach, and he literally SAT ON HER FEET. She couldn't move :lol-2:. He was SO happy and he's a total flirt - always goes to the ladies first. I'll be honest, there are so many more people who really DON'T want to pet our dogs than people who do, that we LOVE those who take the time to stop. It's part of the fun of a walk for the dog honestly. I always say "thank you for petting him!" when we leave.

I am glad that you ask first though, because my big girl Rhonda is terrified of everyone in the world, and she HATES when people try to pet her. She's not mean, she's just afraid, but she LOOKS mean. So I usually just say, "the little one is really friendly, but the big one is scared of everyone." She's a rescue, and although nothing has ever happened to her (I got her at 6 weeks old) she has a few wires loose and only likes "her" people. I wish she liked the social part more, but I respect her boundaries.

If I was in a hurry and it was inconvenient for me, I would literally say exactly that and apologize. Otherwise, we love our human interactions - we've met so many fun people through our walks, and for Brodie, the new people who fawn all over him are the best part (besides his silly old ball of course, which he insists on carrying on all of our walks).

Yay for a dog for you and DH! Love love love your kitties :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @violet3! Love your answer and it was just as I hoped. As for when we are getting a dog it will be in the far future but in the meantime I will continue loving all the dogs I meet with permission of course. :kiss2:

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
This isn't my puppy, but I thought you all might enjoy this tiny little bundle of beautiful. I was thrilled to give her an intro puppy groom yesterday, and she was a delight. Her name is Harley and she is a 10 wk old Corgi, but I suspect she is a Sheltie or Cattle Dog mix, because this coloring doesn't exist in Corgis as far as I know. I hope you enjoy!

Harley.jpg

Attachments

• Harley.jpg
    Harley.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 12

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love::love::love:
This isn't my puppy, but I thought you all might enjoy this tiny little bundle of beautiful. I was thrilled to give her an intro puppy groom yesterday, and she was a delight. Her name is Harley and she is a 10 wk old Corgi, but I suspect she is a Sheltie or Cattle Dog mix, because this coloring doesn't exist in Corgis as far as I know. I hope you enjoy!

Harley.jpg

Stop it!!! That is the cutest thing I’ve ever seen.

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
Stop it!!! That is the cutest thing I’ve ever seen.
I KNOW! I almost fell over when I saw her tiny perfection. Pictures can't do justice to her cuteness.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

@violet3, your dogs are adorable, and this pic is such a day brightener :kiss2:

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@violet3, your dogs are adorable, and this pic is such a day brightener :kiss2:

Thank you!!! We are all grateful for the break in the weather - all decks and windows are finally open!

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

He looks like a Brodie! :love: They're so cute!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He looks like a Brodie! :love: They're so cute!

:lol: - I think he does too! And of course, my girl Rhonda (big brown one) always looks like she can talk in the pictures I take of her. We are adding an addition to our family shortly, and we're SO excited! I know three dogs is a lot, but Rhonda is chronically ill (she has auto-immune meningitis, sadly) so she won't really play with Brodie anymore.

We've had two cavaliers (king charles spaniels) and we're just in love with the breed. I decided to see if Brodie's breeder would consider homing an older dog with us, after she's done breeding them. I REALLY don't want to put Rhonda through another puppy while she doesn't feel well. Ideally, I support rescuing, but Rhonda is my wild card with her illness - I need a temperament I can count on, and that I know she will tolerate.

So, if all goes well, this beautiful girl will be joining us soon! This is Nikki - named after a song on Prince's Purple Rain album, which is how I knew she was meant to be. I LOVE PRINCE. She is 3.5 years old, and very active, like my main man Brodie. Everyone else I know with cavaliers have had couch potatoes, but both of mine have been go, go, go!

Darling Nikki :love:
Darling Nikki.JPG

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
Oh @violet3 Nikki is GORGEOUS!!! As are your other two babies! LH Doxies, like Griffy in my avatar, are Standard Doxies bred with KCS, and it is the loveliest combination, because KCS make every breed better. I look forward to more pictures of Nikki!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh @violet3 Nikki is GORGEOUS!!! As are your other two babies! LH Doxies, like Griffy in my avatar, are Standard Doxies bred with KCS, and it is the loveliest combination, because KCS make every breed better. I look forward to more pictures of Nikki!

No way!!! I didn't know that. That's a good personality combo. I just spoke with our breeder, and it looks like we'll be picking her up a week from Sunday. I'll post more pictures when I get her! Fingers crossed that everyone gets along!

Last edited:

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
1C043E32-114E-4773-88F2-F93EDAC46F62.jpeg 080DD31A-8237-4D8F-B015-433AC1F61DAD.jpeg This happened this morning.....my 11 month old Noah who I thought was past his chewing phase, chewed off the strap of my favorite sandals. This pair is the second pair of the exact same ones I replaced last summer when we got him. But he is so cute and guilty looking, who can stay mad?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1C043E32-114E-4773-88F2-F93EDAC46F62.jpeg 080DD31A-8237-4D8F-B015-433AC1F61DAD.jpeg This happened this morning.....my 11 month old Noah who I thought was past his chewing phase, chewed off the strap of my favorite sandals. This pair is the second pair of the exact same ones I replaced last summer when we got him. But he is so cute and guilty looking, who can stay mad?

Awww I hear you. Their behavior can be evil but with their adorable and innocent faces how can we stay mad? Hahaha look at those eyes and his expression. :kiss2:
Sorry about your sandals!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I was hesitant to hit the "like" button on this. I have been in your *shoes* so many times! Can't stay mad at that sweet face :love:. Why do they always pick the favorites??? Mine chewed my glasses also, but always my favorite pair, and then I'd just wear them with a chewed up arm for a while before throwing them out.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So, if all goes well, this beautiful girl will be joining us soon! This is Nikki
Black and tan is my fave CKCS with tri-color and ruby close seconds. I really want a Cav but I fear that my moose-sized F1 Savannah cat would be too rambunctious for the cavi personality.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Black and tan is my fave CKCS with tri-color and ruby close seconds. I really want a Cav but I fear that my moose-sized F1 Savannah cat would be too rambunctious for the cavi personality.

I’ve had two cavis, and am about to get my third. Both of my boys have had BIG personalities and were/are very active. As in I cannot tire them out, even when I throw the ball for an hour on the beach. I hear Nikki is the same way, which I think is why our breeder thought she’d fit in well here. I’ve never had a cat with any of them, but I think they could stand up to an active kitty.

My first baby was a tri-color, and when he died we got a Blenheim, and now we will have a Black and Tan. Ruby is the only one I haven’t had - my dream is to have all 4 at once!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_3886.JPG
This popped up in my facebook memories today, and I immediately started crying. This was Ripley - he was my first dog (as an adult on my own), and he was my soul-mate, heart dog. There wasn't a mean bone in his body and and he had the biggest heart ever - I so wish dogs could live longer than they do. I miss this little guy every day, but today a little more than usual :((

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results