color
clarity

Random pictures/stories of our furbabies

• Thread starter Deactivated member 42515
  • Start date

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have more stories than photos. I just struggle with getting photos from my camera to my computer. But Hero is wonderful. When I was winding up a long phone call with an old friend today he came trotting up the stairs with an empty baggy in his mouth. (He is part yellow Lab). It was the bag that had contained his new neon green snow booties this morning. While still on the phone, I had to say, "Leave it" a few times. Then he started to chew my calendar which I had out to plan our next phone call with my friend. She is a huge dog lover so I kept up a running commentary to her about his antics as he was doing everything. Then I remembered that in a previous phone call we had had he had chewed my address book right on the page where her name was so that the book automatically opened to her phone number. (That address book was out on my bed, too.) Since Hero was pawing me it hastened the end of our phone call, which w had been trying to wrap up anyway. But it was cute. At least if you are a dog lover. :))

Weeivy73

Shiny_Rock
Trade
We all blend in here together.
1237347t680xm00ub.gif

Screen Shot 2019-02-23 at 8.29.29 AM.png

Tommy is the rescue kitty who used to be a mouser in the basement of the building where I worked. My dh and I used to visit him on weekends and feed him while I worked on trying to convince the super to let me take him to the local vet to get him checked out and neutered and vaccinated. Long story short after the super let me take him to the vet he agreed to let me adopt him and made me the promise he wouldn't replace him with another cat used as a mouser.

Anyway that was in December 2009...I cannot believe that was over 9 years ago now and Tommy is just a bit over 11 years old as he was around 2 when we made him a part of our family. He is the sweetest baby though I am very allergic to him and when his saliva touches me I hive up instantly but it is a small price to pay for his sweet disposition and furry love.
Missy I am terribly allergic to our 2 babies, but I just dose up on anti histamines and kiss them anyway! DSC_0565.JPG

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy I am terribly allergic to our 2 babies, but I just dose up on anti histamines and kiss them anyway! DSC_0565.JPG

@Weeivy73 aww sorry but glad you are able to do it. So many of us are allergic to cats and dogs...my whole family is allergic and my sister is a veterinarian. Her pediatrician who was an allergist as well (my sister has severe allergies) was adamant about her not becoming a veterinarian which was her dream from when she was a little girl. See how she listened to him haha.

And same here when I developed bad allergies to the cats (allergic asthma and hives). I adopted the rescue kitties in my twenties but didn't become allergic till my early 30s. The pulmonologist said I had to get rid of them and then my allergic asthma and hives would go away. I got rid of the pulmonologist instead. :cheeky:

My dh was terribly allergic to cats and dogs and has successfully been getting allergy shots for well over 2 decades with no regrets.

Our lives are richer for having our fur babies in them. We will always do whatever we need to in order to keep our furbabies in our lives. There is no acceptable alternative. It's the only choice. Our fur babies
1237347t680xm00ub.gif
are part of our family.:kiss2:

tommybaby.jpg.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just accidentally stumbled upon this video from about ? a year ago. One of our feral cats gave birth to 3 sweet kittens who we were able to place in good homes. Thought some of you would enjoy this.

https://youtu.be/t3VmOLPQbY0

kittyongreg.jpg

feralkitties.jpg

:kiss2:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy-

I just love the grey eyes on those kittens. I have seen blue eyes on puppies. Do kittens have grey eyes rather than blue? Or are these kittens' eyes in the process of changing as they mature? Whatever the case, their eyes are riveting. And, of course, they are gorgeous all 'round. I am so glad they have happy, safe homes!

Hugs,
Deb :))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy-

I just love the grey eyes on those kittens. I have seen blue eyes on puppies. Do kittens have grey eyes rather than blue? Or are these kittens' eyes in the process of changing as they mature? Whatever the case, their eyes are riveting. And, of course, they are gorgeous all 'round. I am so glad they have happy, safe homes!

Hugs,
Deb :))

Thanks Deb, they are precious.:kiss2:
To answer your question most accurately I have included a link.

https://www.catster.com/kittens/when-do-kittens-eyes-change-color

Kittens eye colors change and most range from green, gold and yellow on one side to orange, copper, and brown on the other, with a host of variations and shades between.

For the first several weeks after a kitten’s eyes open, they appear to be blue. This hue is the effect of light refracted off the cornea, the eyeball’s outer transparent covering and the relative thickness of its four layers. As cat eye color matures, our perception of it continues to be affected and influenced by this refracted blue or blue-green outer covering.

By week 6 or 7, a kitten's eye color begins to change. The iris, the colored part of the eye, contains melanocytes. Once the eye is sufficiently mature, these melanocytes begin producing melanin, pigment that gives the eye its mature adult coloration. The final color and its depth or intensity are determined by how many melanocytes there are and how much melanin they yield. On the spectrum we mentioned above — green at one end and brown at the other — light green means a cat’s iris has produced the least amount of melanin, and brown the most.

Exceptions to answering the question, “When do kittens’ eyes change color?” — including blue-eyed adult cats and cats with heterochromia iridum, or two different-colored eyes. Cats who retain blue eyes into adulthood do so because of low or no melanin production. Examples include colorpoint cats, like the Siamese, and those breeds who developed with the Siamese as a major genetic contributor. Among them:

1. Balinese
  2. Birman
  3. Himalayan
  4. Javanese
  5. Ragdoll
  6. Snowshoe
  7. Tonkinese

Like their fascinating coat-color distribution, the blue eyes in colorpoint cats result from a form of partial albinism. In these cats, blue eyes, like limited coat color, is due to limited melanin. Blue-eyed adult cats are also typical of the Ojos Azules, and in shades much deeper and darker than are typically seen among the melanin-deficient colorpoint breeds.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, missy! You certainly covered the topic of eye color in depth. I think when I initially asked the question I had forgotten that you are an eye doctor! Thank you very much!

Hugs,
Deb :wavey:

PS-The kittens pictured in the link are unbelievably cute! Blue-eyed furballs!

sunnyside74

Shiny_Rock
D7BE59BE-98D3-437E-9568-A5414098A0D1.jpeg My pup is helping me study for my surgery boards and sunbathing at the same time. He moves every 20 minutes or so just to make sure he stays in the middle of the sunlight, lol.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
D7BE59BE-98D3-437E-9568-A5414098A0D1.jpeg My pup is helping me study for my surgery boards and sunbathing at the same time. He moves every 20 minutes or so just to make sure he stays in the middle of the sunlight, lol.

Wow! he is gorgeous! In fact, breathtaking!

Deb :wavey:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My daughter took this photo of Hero yesterday. If you remember any of his earlier photos, you can see that he has filled out a bit since we got him in July of last year. People are guessing that he is now one and a half or two years old.

HeroMarch8of2019.jpg

Deb/AGBF

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Awww he is beautiful @sunnyside74 :kiss2:.
Our cats do that too lol. Shift with the sun. Little heat seeking monsters . :kiss::lol:
Good luck with your surgery boards!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My daughter took this photo of Hero yesterday. If you remember any of his earlier photos, you can see that he has filled out a bit since we got him in July of last year. People are guessing that he is now one and a half or two years old.

HeroMarch8of2019.jpg

Deb/AGBF

Hero is a very handsome boy. :kiss2: You are taking such excellent care of him Deb.

sunnyside74

Shiny_Rock
thank you @AGBF and @missy! he (and DH) literally got me through my fellowship last year which was awful. he's almost 2 now and he is such a character - not my first weim, but but prolly the smartest/most mischievous LOL!

Deb - Hero looks wonderful, its so lovely that he has a landed someplace where he is cherished!

...and now back to studying LOL... if only Tuesday were done and over

IMG_7181.jpg IMG_7306.jpg IMG_7305.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good luck, sunnyside! Post more photos of your gorgeous boy once you have taken your exams (boards?). I am sure your dog learned a lot about surgery during your ordeal. I know that my dogs always stick their heads into whatever projects are going on around the house, whether it be building a fence or cleaning the refrigerator, and they certainly stick their heads in my books, sometimes trying to eat them. They are great apprentices!

Hugs to you,
Deb

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
3A69B878-CF09-483E-81FF-0ACC92E0086A.jpeg
Me at 4am trying to sleep after being away for two weeks. Could she possibly be any closer?

Also excuse 4am me.

Aw, so cute! My cat does the same thing @chemgirl. And you look lovely...your 4 am is 100 times better than my 6 pm! :D

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
thank you @AGBF and @missy! he (and DH) literally got me through my fellowship last year which was awful. he's almost 2 now and he is such a character - not my first weim, but but prolly the smartest/most mischievous LOL!

Deb - Hero looks wonderful, its so lovely that he has a landed someplace where he is cherished!

...and now back to studying LOL... if only Tuesday were done and over

IMG_7181.jpg IMG_7306.jpg IMG_7305.jpg

He is gorgeous. Those eyes.:kiss2:
Sending you lots of dust for Tuesday boards. I have a feeling you will Ace them.:appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
3A69B878-CF09-483E-81FF-0ACC92E0086A.jpeg
Me at 4am trying to sleep after being away for two weeks. Could she possibly be any closer?

Also excuse 4am me.

Haha love this. Nothing compares to when they mush themselves right into us. And unless its very warm inside I love when they do that.:kiss2: The heat they generate is incredible.:geek2: Comes in handy on a cold winter's night.:cheeky:

I think you look beautiful @chemgirl

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This picture is a little dark but I thought it was so cute that the cat and dog were laying together. Then I noticed our big black dog was also!

IMG_3482.JPG

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
3F30DEC0-9B03-467C-B0C8-55AE7850E95B.jpeg
This is my black pug Franklin telling the vet nurse he’s had enough of having his claws clipped by putting his free paw over the one being done.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
3F30DEC0-9B03-467C-B0C8-55AE7850E95B.jpeg
This is my black pug Franklin telling the vet nurse he’s had enough of having his claws clipped by putting his free paw over the one being done.

Franklin looks like black velvet! :)) Adorable.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Franklin looks like black velvet! :)) Adorable.
He’s usually a chocolate-black rather than a deep velvet like he looks here but he’s a very squishy delight and I adore him and his cheekiness

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our sweet angel Francesca now easily accepts her aero chamber treatments of steroid inhalation and albuterol inhalation four times a day due to her moderate-severe lung inflammation. Took time to get her to accept the treatments but now she's doing it like the brave little trooper she is. Love this sweet baby so freaking much.

francescaaerotreatments.jpg.png

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Look at that sweet little baby! @missy

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
We just adopted 2 youngsters from the RSPCA last week. They were brought in in September after being found in the road. They were in the hospital being treated for ringworm and cat flu for 5 months. They are only 7 months old.
George and Mildred (they have their own instagram!) :lol:

George and Mildred.jpg George on bed.jpg Mildred.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results