clarity

Random pictures/stories of our furbabies

• Thread starter Deactivated member 42515
  • Start date

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
you made me laugh
i still havn't got a light bulb for the spair room - i keep buying the wrong sort
and Borris is curled up in a huge pile of clean washing that needs folded and put away (it was 17 degrees today so i washed for Africa)

this is her in her scratcher bed under the heat pump but after the heat pump is off and she's been tucked in for the night 20190416_220952.jpg

Aww what a sweetie pie.:kiss2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
she melts her Daddy's heart
i am but her loyal obedient servent

LOL that is so true. Do you know the quote about cats vs dogs?

“Dogs have owners, cats have staff”

butlerjeeves.jpg

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I miss our sweet girl. Today is 2 weeks since she died. :cry2:

Still going through photos over and over again. And speaking of baby pics I found a few more of Francesca when she was just a few months old. I wish we had more baby pics but in those days I refused a mobile phone and did not own a camera. My bad.

She was a few months old here I believe.
Screen Shot 2019-07-02 at 5.43.24 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-07-02 at 5.44.20 AM.png

and with her brother Bobby when she was about 6 months old.

Screen Shot 2019-07-02 at 5.44.59 AM.png

Bobby was a baby here and less than 6 months old but see how much bigger he was than Francesca. He is a big boy today though not as big as your baby will be @MakingTheGrade ;-)
Missy, Francesca will never be forgotten. Remembering our beloved fur babies brings us comfort long after they are gone. It is the long term grieving process, I guess.
Many, many cats have not been lucky enough to experience the great life she had with you and your DH. When we give them a loving home, and treat them with respect and kindness, then that is the best gift we could have given them.
The sad feelings will turn to happy ones when we remember how much we adored them, and how they were showered with love in our homes.
I wish we could rescue all of them and love them all.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I have a set of new fosters. They were on the two hour euthenesia list. Three weeks old and severely underweight, dehydrated, full of fleas- they have worms too, to be expected.

I saw the post on the way to our belated anniversary dinner.... After dinner we picked up kittens.

There were four. The fourth baby was 7.5 ounces at 3 weeks. I stayed up with him all Sunday night. I handed him off to a bottle feeder for hourly feedings yesterday morning. He didn't make it. He passed last night.

The other three have been gaining steadily, are more alert and active and are eating on their own. I nudge them to eat and mix up a lovely smelling concoction of warm chicken baby food, kitten formula and honey and they prefer that over water so far. As long as we are eating and getting liquid in. These are the kittens. I have not named anyone. I wanted to see if they lived first. I think we are going to be ok. I'm working remotely the rest of the week to be on hand. I'm glad I have that flexibility.

Everyone is under 1 pound and once we got a pound I will feel better. We started at about 9 to 12 oz each. We've has good steady gains.

IMG_20190702_101902514.jpg IMG_20190702_101848703.jpg IMG_20190702_101722766.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We put our cat to sleep today. She had a tumor the size of a lime and it metastasized past the point of treatment. My husband went to give her a dose of painkiller this morning and she struggled so hard, and gave him a look as if to say no more. The palliative measures really hit a brick wall; the diminishing returns made it feel pointless to continue poking her with needles and forcing meds into her mouth.

We had the mobile vet help us evaluate her quality of life and felt she was extremely close to severe respiratory distress. She ran to hide after the mobile vet gave her the anesthetic and I hate that she spent her last waking moments scared and hiding under our bed.

I just ate ten fried chicken wings as though they would fill the hole on my heart.

I am so sorry. The haunting guilt eats at you. You know you did the right thing. Please let that and-and us-sustain you in your darkest hours.

Love,
Deb

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As some of you know, I had to say goodbye to my big Beau this year. And I still wear my paw pendant that I made in remembrance everyday.
9925B538-6C03-4751-B6C4-D261A4624E04.jpeg 8E4777B9-04AC-4E10-97D5-458E0DB40D5F.jpeg

But I still had a big hole in my heart. And after much discussion with my partner, I decided to get another Leonberger pup. I’ve only ever had rescue dogs and going to a breeder felt weird, but the chances of finding another young local rescue Leo seemed slim. And I really wanted another Leo after living and loving my big gentle bear.

Happy to say I’m expecting to welcome little Belle next week :)
Belle is the feminine of Beau in French (I think anyways) so she’ll be his little sister in spirit.

1A3CA8AD-872D-482B-A55D-DCC737BDE1DC.jpeg D41E030C-6219-441F-B31F-8EDCBF14855B.jpeg

What a beautiful baby!!! Congratulations :love:

Reactions: D&T

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a set of new fosters. They were on the two hour euthenesia list. Three weeks old and severely underweight, dehydrated, full of fleas- they have worms too, to be expected.

Bless you.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

I saw the post on the way to our belated anniversary dinner.... After dinner we picked up kittens.

There were four. The fourth baby was 7.5 ounces at 3 weeks. I stayed up with him all Sunday night. I handed him off to a bottle feeder for hourly feedings yesterday morning. He didn't make it. He passed last night.

The other three have been gaining steadily, are more alert and active and are eating on their own. I nudge them to eat and mix up a lovely smelling concoction of warm chicken baby food, kitten formula and honey and they prefer that over water so far. As long as we are eating and getting liquid in. These are the kittens. I have not named anyone. I wanted to see if they lived first. I think we are going to be ok. I'm working remotely the rest of the week to be on hand. I'm glad I have that flexibility.

Everyone is under 1 pound and once we got a pound I will feel better. We started at about 9 to 12 oz each. We've has good steady gains.

IMG_20190702_101902514.jpg IMG_20190702_101848703.jpg IMG_20190702_101722766.jpg

Bless you for helping these babies! They are beautiful :kiss2:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Little is relative lol. At 8 weeks she’s already 15lbs!

I was going to warn you that they grow, but you already had one.

Deb, once a Newfie mother. :))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Eliza sending bucketloads of good luck dust to the kitties. They’re so sweet and vulnerable and thank you for caring and making a difference!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL that is so true. Do you know the quote about cats vs dogs?

“Dogs have owners, cats have staff”

butlerjeeves.jpg

If you’ve never watched them, I highly recommend these YouTube videos by Ze frank about the secret diaries of dogs vs cats. They make me laugh out loud every time! His whole channel is great honestly

Dogs:

Cats:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you’ve never watched them, I highly recommend these YouTube videos by Ze frank about the secret diaries of dogs vs cats. They make me laugh out loud every time! His whole channel is great honestly

Dogs:

Cats:

Love these. And so true too.:lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, Francesca will never be forgotten. Remembering our beloved fur babies brings us comfort long after they are gone. It is the long term grieving process, I guess.
Many, many cats have not been lucky enough to experience the great life she had with you and your DH. When we give them a loving home, and treat them with respect and kindness, then that is the best gift we could have given them.
The sad feelings will turn to happy ones when we remember how much we adored them, and how they were showered with love in our homes.
I wish we could rescue all of them and love them all.

Thank you so much Stracci. And I’m with you. I wish we could save them all.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I miss our sweet girl. Today is 2 weeks since she died. :cry2:

Still going through photos over and over again. And speaking of baby pics I found a few more of Francesca when she was just a few months old. I wish we had more baby pics but in those days I refused a mobile phone and did not own a camera. My bad.

She was a few months old here I believe.
Screen Shot 2019-07-02 at 5.43.24 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-07-02 at 5.44.20 AM.png

and with her brother Bobby when she was about 6 months old.

Screen Shot 2019-07-02 at 5.44.59 AM.png

Bobby was a baby here and less than 6 months old but see how much bigger he was than Francesca. He is a big boy today though not as big as your baby will be @MakingTheGrade ;-)

Sending love and hugs @missy, such adorable pics of Francesca and Bobby. Xox

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Eliza sending bucketloads of good luck dust to the kitties. They’re so sweet and vulnerable and thank you for caring and making a difference!

The little white kitty is purring when he’s handled now. I think these guys are through the worst as long as they keep gaining weight! The grey baby hissed at me because I removed him from his food to weigh him. I’ll take it! They were so lethargic initially- I did sub q fluids for everyone at the start. They were so dehydrated. The 12 year old at our house was freaked out by the at home fluids admin. :lol:I think he thought he was next...

elizat

Ideal_Rock
@missy I feel for you- there are going to be really hard days. Sending a hug.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The little white kitty is purring when he’s handled now. I think these guys are through the worst as long as they keep gaining weight! The grey baby hissed at me because I removed him from his food to weigh him. I’ll take it! They were so lethargic initially- I did sub q fluids for everyone at the start. They were so dehydrated. The 12 year old at our house was freaked out by the at home fluids admin. :lol:I think he thought he was next...

Thank you for taking these babies and giving them so much love & care!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She’s here! Haha I finally caved and signed up for Instagram so I could make her an account to dump all the photos into. Because man am I gonna take a lot of photos 42AAFDF8-A95D-4F28-B8EC-72A912A49523.jpeg C8C48332-665E-4D55-B712-3D02D86DBA99.jpeg DC07E23F-943B-444F-9736-05647C1E0841.jpeg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

MTG OHCOMEOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNN!:love:

cheers--Sharon

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
She’s here! Haha I finally caved and signed up for Instagram so I could make her an account to dump all the photos into. Because man am I gonna take a lot of photos 42AAFDF8-A95D-4F28-B8EC-72A912A49523.jpeg C8C48332-665E-4D55-B712-3D02D86DBA99.jpeg DC07E23F-943B-444F-9736-05647C1E0841.jpeg
Congratulations!!! I’m so happy for you! She’s adorable!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Belle is adorable @MakingTheGrade . Take lots of pictures. They grow up so quickly. I wish we had taken more pics when our Fur-baby was a baby.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so sorry for your loss @JPie. Please take comfort in knowing she isn’t in pain and you gave her a wonderful life. Hugs

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
We put our cat to sleep today. She had a tumor the size of a lime and it metastasized past the point of treatment. My husband went to give her a dose of painkiller this morning and she struggled so hard, and gave him a look as if to say no more. The palliative measures really hit a brick wall; the diminishing returns made it feel pointless to continue poking her with needles and forcing meds into her mouth.

We had the mobile vet help us evaluate her quality of life and felt she was extremely close to severe respiratory distress. She ran to hide after the mobile vet gave her the anesthetic and I hate that she spent her last waking moments scared and hiding under our bed.

I just ate ten fried chicken wings as though they would fill the hole on my heart.
I’m so sorry @JPie...:cry2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's so awful. You have my condolences. I think all of us here are animal lovers and we have all been through this heartbreak.
It is one of the hardest things we will ever have to do.
My kitty was scared at the end, too. So sad.:cry2:
I saw my sweet Gordie take his last breath. I’ve been agonizing that I didn’t know he was at a place where I needed to help him pass on. He had been to the vet and had every test..but he went into a seizure and passed in front of
me. @JPie..You did the right thing for your fur baby. She’s at peace now. I’m sure the anesthetic made her calm and wasn’t frightened. <3

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Calliecake & @Mamabean thank you. My husband and I miss her dearly but we’re trying our hardest to remember all the love and good memories she left us with.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband and I miss her dearly but we’re trying our hardest to remember all the love and good memories she left us with.

Sending gentle (((Hugs))) and comforting thoughts your way. It's so freaking hard. There are no words that can take away the pain. Only time can dull it somewhat and yes with time we can remember the happy times without the acute and deep pain. But we are always missing our sweet furbabies and we will always love them. They are in our hearts forever. I am so very sorry @JPie.

Screen Shot 2019-07-03 at 6.35.30 AM.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results