color
clarity

Random pictures/stories of our furbabies

• Thread starter Deactivated member 42515
  • Start date

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As some of you know, I had to say goodbye to my big Beau this year. And I still wear my paw pendant that I made in remembrance everyday.
9925B538-6C03-4751-B6C4-D261A4624E04.jpeg 8E4777B9-04AC-4E10-97D5-458E0DB40D5F.jpeg

But I still had a big hole in my heart. And after much discussion with my partner, I decided to get another Leonberger pup. I’ve only ever had rescue dogs and going to a breeder felt weird, but the chances of finding another young local rescue Leo seemed slim. And I really wanted another Leo after living and loving my big gentle bear.

Happy to say I’m expecting to welcome little Belle next week :)
Belle is the feminine of Beau in French (I think anyways) so she’ll be his little sister in spirit.

1A3CA8AD-872D-482B-A55D-DCC737BDE1DC.jpeg D41E030C-6219-441F-B31F-8EDCBF14855B.jpeg

She will be wonderful. Congratulations. There is a Leonberger not too far from me and sometimes I see his owner walking him (or her). It has been on a busy street and I have been in my Jeep, so I have not stopped. I fell in love with the breed on-line in a Golden Retriever group I belonged to. One Golden Retriever owner also had a Leo and posted pictures and videos of his two boys playing together. He also told stories. His Leo was very mild mannered and reminded me of my Newfie.

I went to a rescue when I was ready for another dog after my Newfie's death. I miss that big, Newfie gentleness, though. A friend visited today and enjoyed my new crazy dog, who had just dragged me on the asphalt this morning. He is so wonderful and so loving...but we couldn't help but reminisce about Griffin and how he'd come over and gently bat you with his huge paw. :))

PS-In french belle = beau as you thought.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had my first foster adopted today! Poppy is going to have a great life- lovely family.

IMG_20190621_112243656.jpg IMG_20190618_103810190.jpg

Congratulations. They are very lucky. I hope the transition is easy for her.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As some of you know, I had to say goodbye to my big Beau this year. And I still wear my paw pendant that I made in remembrance everyday.
9925B538-6C03-4751-B6C4-D261A4624E04.jpeg 8E4777B9-04AC-4E10-97D5-458E0DB40D5F.jpeg

But I still had a big hole in my heart. And after much discussion with my partner, I decided to get another Leonberger pup. I’ve only ever had rescue dogs and going to a breeder felt weird, but the chances of finding another young local rescue Leo seemed slim. And I really wanted another Leo after living and loving my big gentle bear.

Belle is the feminine of Beau in French (I think anyways) so she’ll be his little sister in spirit.

1A3CA8AD-872D-482B-A55D-DCC737BDE1DC.jpeg D41E030C-6219-441F-B31F-8EDCBF14855B.jpeg

IMPOSSIBLY CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We put our cat to sleep today. She had a tumor the size of a lime and it metastasized past the point of treatment. My husband went to give her a dose of painkiller this morning and she struggled so hard, and gave him a look as if to say no more. The palliative measures really hit a brick wall; the diminishing returns made it feel pointless to continue poking her with needles and forcing meds into her mouth.

We had the mobile vet help us evaluate her quality of life and felt she was extremely close to severe respiratory distress. She ran to hide after the mobile vet gave her the anesthetic and I hate that she spent her last waking moments scared and hiding under our bed.

I just ate ten fried chicken wings as though they would fill the hole on my heart.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We put our cat to sleep today. She had a tumor the size of a lime and it metastasized past the point of treatment. My husband went to give her a dose of painkiller this morning and she struggled so hard, and gave him a look as if to say no more. The palliative measures really hit a brick wall; the diminishing returns made it feel pointless to continue poking her with needles and forcing meds into her mouth.

We had the mobile vet help us evaluate her quality of life and felt she was extremely close to severe respiratory distress. She ran to hide after the mobile vet gave her the anesthetic and I hate that she spent her last waking moments scared and hiding under our bed.

I just ate ten fried chicken wings as though they would fill the hole on my heart.

Dear @JPie I am so very sorry for your loss. :cry2: You gave her the best gift you could. The gift of peace and freedom from pain. You gave her the best life while she was with you and you gave her the ultimate gift. Sending you love and hugs and my deepest condolences. I am so sorry for your loss.:(

Rainbow-Bridge-Free-Printable-Poem-Pet-Loss-e1459943749503.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I’m so sorry. Sounds like you took such loving care for her.
I ate all the carbs the week after I had to put Beau down. People at work who didn’t know what happened thought I’d lost my mind.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

@JPie, I am so very sorry. I'm crying right along with you. It is so hard. I hope the knowledge that you did the right thing and your precious kitty is free from pain and suffering brings you a little comfort; it helps me a little to remember that. You have my deepest condolences, sending love and hugs to you. <3

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

@MakingTheGrade, I first want to say I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful Beau, (((hugs)))

Belle is SO adorable! You must be counting the minutes until you get her. Can't wait for pics!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium

It's so awful. You have my condolences. I think all of us here are animal lovers and we have all been through this heartbreak.
It is one of the hardest things we will ever have to do.
My kitty was scared at the end, too. So sad.:cry2:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

JPie--I am very sorry for your loss. Healing vibes across the miles...

kind regards--Sharon

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the kind words, everyone. Sorry I didn’t tag each of you but know that your sentiments are much appreciated.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so very sorry for your loss @JPie, so sad to lose these babies.

@missy that Rainbow Bridge passage gets me so hard in my feels every single time I read it :cry2: I’m so sorry for your recent loss as well.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
@JPie I am so very sorry. It's the hardest thing to do. It sounds like your kitty had a wonderful life though.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Little is relative lol. At 8 weeks she’s already 15lbs!

Hahaha yes true. But I guess I mean little compared to how big she will grow. :kiss2:

How big do you estimate she will be?

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MakingTheGrade she is so precious!!! :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

We need a jillion more photos when she arrives!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hahaha yes true. But I guess I mean little compared to how big she will grow. :kiss2:

How big do you estimate she will be?
Probably 100-120lb. My guess is more towards the 120lb end given the size her parents are.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Probably 100-120lb. My guess is more towards the 120lb end given the size her parents are.

She is going to be a lot of furbaby to love :kiss2:. So right now she is about 12% of her total body weight. Take lots and lots of photos. I regret not taking many baby photos of our furbabies. If I could do that differently I would. So my advice is take as many as you can and enjoy the heck out of your delicious beautiful baby. And thank you for sharing her with us.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
its the middle of winter here and in New Zealand most cats come and go as they please
I like Borris to sleep inside with us but she sleeps all over the house at her wim but when its really cold she sleeps on me - so cute
but im tired of being outside in the cold, dark and rain while Borris plays games when i want to go to bed so ive given her an en suit in her room (the guest room)
the last few nights when ive gone to call her in after she has gone out after tea (the evening meal) for nightly ablutions she wants to climb trees at 10pm
So i retrieved her dirt box from under the lemon tree and washed all the bird poop off and filled it with lavender clumbing kitty litter
she's been inside since 4pm and the house is lovelly and warm without all the heat whooshing out because i havn't had to open the door
and she's already had a little wee wee
so much less stress for everyone

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
its the middle of winter here and in New Zealand most cats come and go as they please
I like Borris to sleep inside with us but she sleeps all over the house at her wim but when its really cold she sleeps on me - so cute
but im tired of being outside in the cold, dark and rain while Borris plays games when i want to go to bed so ive given her an en suit in her room (the guest room)
the last few nights when ive gone to call her in after she has gone out after tea (the evening meal) for nightly ablutions she wants to climb trees at 10pm
So i retrieved her dirt box from under the lemon tree and washed all the bird poop off and filled it with lavender clumbing kitty litter
she's been inside since 4pm and the house is lovelly and warm without all the heat whooshing out because i havn't had to open the door
and she's already had a little wee wee
so much less stress for everyone

Photos please.

457492dro0rb016c.gif

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I miss our sweet girl. Today is 2 weeks since she died. :cry2:

Still going through photos over and over again. And speaking of baby pics I found a few more of Francesca when she was just a few months old. I wish we had more baby pics but in those days I refused a mobile phone and did not own a camera. My bad.

She was a few months old here I believe.
Screen Shot 2019-07-02 at 5.43.24 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-07-02 at 5.44.20 AM.png

and with her brother Bobby when she was about 6 months old.

Screen Shot 2019-07-02 at 5.44.59 AM.png

Bobby was a baby here and less than 6 months old but see how much bigger he was than Francesca. He is a big boy today though not as big as your baby will be @MakingTheGrade ;-)

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Photos please.

457492dro0rb016c.gif
you made me laugh
i still havn't got a light bulb for the spair room - i keep buying the wrong sort
and Borris is curled up in a huge pile of clean washing that needs folded and put away (it was 17 degrees today so i washed for Africa)

this is her in her scratcher bed under the heat pump but after the heat pump is off and she's been tucked in for the night 20190416_220952.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results